Smart Switch 'Unzip Error' when attempting to update to Nougat

Search This thread

Zero4

Dec 27, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Has anyone seen this error in Smart Switch when attempting to update software?
See attached screenshot

This is happening for me on any PC I attempt to run this update on (3 different Windows 10 Pro boxes). Everytime it fails, it is at 85%
Smart Switch version: 4.1.17042_12
Tab S2: T710 currently running T710XXU2CPK1
Security Patch: December 2016

When running the update on the device manually, it says 'Up to date'

Any suggestions/thoughts to fix this and get the update to run via Smart Switch? I'd prefer not having to do the update and have the device wiped.

TIA

Attachments

• SmartSwitchError.PNG
    SmartSwitchError.PNG
    52.5 KB · Views: 103

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Has anyone seen this error in Smart Switch when attempting to update software?
See attached screenshot

This is happening for me on any PC I attempt to run this update on (3 different Windows 10 Pro boxes). Everytime it fails, it is at 85%
Smart Switch version: 4.1.17042_12
Tab S2: T710 currently running T710XXU2CPK1
Security Patch: December 2016

When running the update on the device manually, it says 'Up to date'

Any suggestions/thoughts to fix this and get the update to run via Smart Switch? I'd prefer not having to do the update and have the device wiped.

TIA
Must be corrupt. Updating does not wipe your device.

Zero4

Dec 27, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Must be corrupt. Updating does not wipe your device.
I ended up re-initialization, which did wipe it, and it installed without issue. Something must have been up with my Android install on the device. I don't know how the download would be corrupt for 3 different computers, unless the image being downloaded was the issue (but that image still worked with initialization).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
HTC U11
Moto G Power
I ended up re-initialization, which did wipe it, and it installed without issue. Something must have been up with my Android install on the device. I don't know how the download would be corrupt for 3 different computers, unless the image being downloaded was the issue (but that image still worked with initialization).
Little late now I guess but...

When you start the initialization process and it begins to download (xx%) unplug the device from your PC so it doesn't get wiped. After download reaches 100% (takes a bit be patient) go to the below folder location. Copy the files in it (there will be 3) and paste them to the folder of your choice in/near odins folder to make them easy to find.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpxxxx.tmp.zipfolder

The 3 files begin with:
AP
BL
CSC
you can Odin them one at a time in the AP slot or all at once in the corresponding slots:
AP slot
BL slot
CSC slot

I've done this many times and it works perfectly.
Good info for future reference.

Reactions: Zero4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Little late now I guess but...

When you start the initialization process and it begins to download (xx%) unplug the device from your PC so it doesn't get wiped. After download reaches 100% (takes a bit be patient) go to the below folder location. Copy the files in it (there will be 3) and paste them to the folder of your choice in/near odins folder to make them easy to find.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpxxxx.tmp.zipfolder

The 3 files begin with:
    AP
    BL
    CSC
    you can Odin them one at a time in the AP slot or all at once in the corresponding slots:
    AP slot
    BL slot
    CSC slot

I've done this many times and it works perfectly.
    Good info for future reference.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone