• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Smartthings app.

Search This thread
Hi. I've recently just got the Flip3 a few days ago and have noticed that Smartthings has been permanently running in the background since setting the phone up. The confusing thing is that according to the Galaxy Store and Play Store the app isn't installed. I can't even see it in the apps list. Any ideas on where it may be hiding and how to kill it? Thanks

KOLIOSIS

@The-Observer77

Go to Settings > Apps. When you see "My Apps", tap on the three bar icon just to the right.
Once the drop down appears, toggle to where "System" apps are included.

Then, either scroll down to see the Smart Things app (or use the search bar). It's a system app that's not going to appear in your app drawer.

However, there is a user-interface app that can be installed from the Galaxy App Store or the Google Play Store.

KOLIOSIS

@KOLIOSIS

Hi. I've looked where you said and the only options I see when I tap the 3 dots are the following:

Permission manager, Special access and Reset app preferences.
Look down just a bit further, where you see your listed apps....... It will literally say "Your Apps"....... Tap to the right of that & you'll see the toggle I'm talking about..

KOLIOSIS

@KOLIOSIS

Call it a momentary lapse in concentration. Found it right where you mention. Hopefully clearing the cache and data will stop it using so much battery. Thanks.
No problem, it's definitely in a weird place......

IIRC, this placement of the toggle for system apps was originally right where you were looking until Samsung's flavor of Android 11 rolled out.
Seems illogical to me as well, as if Samsung doesn't want anyone to have easy access to system app info.

I'm guessing the only way you're going to be able to stop the app from using battery is to use a package disabler app, or, disable it w/an ADB command.

Top Liked Posts