Question SMB performance exynos vs snapdragon

Search This thread
Jan 2, 2017
Hi Guys,
is it only my device or does the exynos model suck in general?

This is my S22U(Exynos):
Screenshot_20220817_182627_Solid Explorer.jpg
And here the Tab S8(Snapdragon):

Screenshot_20220817-182922_Solid Explorer.jpg

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Anything to backup your affirmation or just another preconceived idea?

My Exynos is just what I wanted...no heating, no lag, stutter or whatever, it is fast, I have 6 hrs+ SOT, blazing fast 5G speeds and it lasts the whole day...
Have a try at using the Zf4 beside it. You'll see the difference, heck even the ZF3 with sd888 is more efficient and smoother/has less frame drops.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Have a try at using the Zf4 beside it. You'll see the difference, heck even the ZF3 with sd888 is more efficient and smoother/has less frame drops.
I don't contest a Fold could be faster, I also owned a Fold 3 for some time then returned it as it doesn't fit my needs so I know how they are. But the Exynos 2200 is very close with it's SD counterpart and to be honest I don't care about some marginal higher benchmark scores. I don't do benchmarks, I just use the phone (mainly business) and it never failed me, or had lag or stutter. It just works and is flawless at everything I throw at it.
I don't want to enter in the Exy vs SD debate, it is neverending but saying that it "sucks" at least for the S22 series is completely wrong, actually in tests SD is heating more and suffers from throttling

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I don't contest a Fold could be faster, I also owned a Fold 3 for some time then returned it as it doesn't fit my needs so I know how they are. But the Exynos 2200 is very close with it's SD counterpart and to be honest I don't care about some marginal higher benchmark scores. I don't do benchmarks, I just use the phone (mainly business) and it never failed me. I don't want to enter in the Exy vs SD debate, it is neverending but saying that it "sucks" at least for the S22 series is completely wrong, actually in tests SD is heating more and suffers from throttling
Both the Exynos 2200 and SD 8 Gen 1 both suffer from efficiency problems because the 4nm Samsung Foundry manufacturing process was a failure (hence Qualcomm going to TSMC for the 8+Gen1). It's good that you like the phone and it works for you but there is without a doubt frame drops and general stutter on the Exynos s22u, if it doesn't bother you then great but it bothers me and obviously other S22u users on this forum.

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Both the Exynos 2200 and SD 8 Gen 1 both suffer from efficiency problems because the 4nm Samsung Foundry manufacturing process was a failure (hence Qualcomm going to TSMC for the 8+Gen1). It's good that you like the phone and it works for you but there is without a doubt frame drops and general stutter on the Exynos s22u, if it doesn't bother you then great but it bothers me and obviously other S22u users on this forum.
I saw posts and heard people complaining so I don't say it doesnt. Just that it is not general or for all devices. It is not that I am not bothered, I just never encountered lag or stutter on my device and I doubt mine is unique. Maybe I use apps that don't lag, dunno...can you give me some examples of apps where lag is happening? And I don't say about that Reddit thread with scrolling lags because there I have lag too. I am talking about aps or settings on the phone where you do something and it lags. I'll try just to test

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I saw posts and heard people complaining so I don't say it doesnt. Just that it is not general or for all devices. It is not that I am not bothered, I just never encountered lag or stutter on my device and I doubt mine is unique. Maybe I use apps that don't lag, dunno...can you give me some examples of apps where lag is happening? And I don't say about that Reddit thread with scrolling lags because there I have lag too. I am talking about aps or settings on the phone where you do something and it lags. I'll try just to test
Animations drop frames and yes scrolling on Twitter and Reddit stutter. Like I said, use it beside the Zf4 or even the ZF3 and you can see the difference even scrolling on the apps. FWIW, I had similar on the P6P which basically uses and Exynos. The S22u doesn't perform badly as such, it just doesn't perform like a £1400 phone should.

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
So, getting back to the topic that was posted, what does any of the above have to do with SMB performance? Numbers were posted via screenshots that are in a foreign language that most don't understand. SMB infers a network copy file operation so a lot to be considered here other than just the phone. As a matter of fact, I would say the phone factors in less that 50% with regards to SMB performance.

Jan 2, 2017
I backup and restore a lot of things with network shares. It is a common use case for me. Fact is the SD 8 Gen 1 is almost twice as fast.
Other than that the phone is not bad.

Reactions: Rubby1025

gianoi

Nov 16, 2021
Android Wear
my exinos do its work no lags no loose of frame
twitter and reddit for me are unuseful and banned from all ny phones and tablets only good to waste time i have two s22 exinos and no problems al all
i use the phone don't play with benchmarks

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
my exinos do its work no lags no loose of frame
twitter and reddit for me are unuseful and banned from all ny phones and tablets only good to waste time i have two s22 exinos and no problems al all
i use the phone don't play with benchmarks
I have the same but the point here was performance of network transfers via SMB....I don't use SMB shares so can't check transfer speeds at the moment but I might setup one just for the sake of testing. I find cloud sharing much easier to use for me tho

gianoi

Nov 16, 2021
Android Wear
my files are all on nas and pendrive in Italia cloud is not very good and working is an optional like streaming (dazn docet) only in big cities you can use it and not always
for years I've worked in a public company and backup was something really not in the mind of our central company
da noi si usa dire "chi fa da sé fa per tre"

Top Liked Posts