• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Smokin deal but...

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, butt if memory serves me correctly, at least a couple with the AT&T variant were able to root by using the same "trick"as those with T-Mobile variants, which was to contact customer support, tell them you're going out of the country and wanted to be able to SIM-unlock so they could use the phone outside the US. Once those variants were SIM unlocked, they were able to enable OEM unlocking and unlock the bootloader (and root).

There are several threads in this section about the subject but I believe T-Mobile customers have been the most outspoken, so you might have to dig to find the folks who specially l specifically did it with AT&T variants, not to be confused with the folks who are using the factory unlocked variant on AT&T.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, butt if memory serves me correctly, at least a couple with the AT&T variant were able to root by using the same "trick"as those with T-Mobile variants, which was to contact customer support, tell them you're going out of the country and wanted to be able to SIM-unlock so they could use the phone outside the US. Once those variants were SIM unlocked, they were able to enable OEM unlocking and unlock the bootloader (and root).

There are several threads in this section about the subject but I believe T-Mobile customers have been the most outspoken, so you might have to dig to find the folks who specially l specifically did it with AT&T variants, not to be confused with the folks who are using the factory unlocked variant on AT&T.
    So I can get the Pixel 6 Pro for $8 per MO for 3 years if I trade in my OP 8t+ with AT&T. What are the chances of being able to root? If not, is it really worth it? Tell it like it is please.