• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SMS BUG : Official HTC Fix for manilla 2.5

Search This thread

Bruce Inman

Dec 21, 2007
SoCal
www.oddthomasband.com

mastawindu

Sep 4, 2009
I have the same issue: The font size of the sms text is VERY VERY small.
Note :

- This occurs only when answering a sms and not when you write a new sms.
- Changing font size has no effect on this (it just displays the sms you are trying to answer in a bigger font not the one you are writing)

I'm using this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=566546 Manilla 2.5

Last edited:

lowfrequence

Nov 14, 2008
I created a cab. It includes all languages

try it: rapidshare.com/files/337682662/_HTC_HD2_LEO08007.cab

deactivate manila before installation!!!

on my device the input range is normal size now.

Last edited:

Zimaia

Aug 21, 2006
I created a cab. It includes all languages

try it: rapidshare.com/files/337682662/_HTC_HD2_LEO08007.cab

deactivate manila before installation!!!

on my device the input range is normal size now.

Does your cab includ the htc fix or it is only to correct font size after install the fix on first post???

Sorry to ask but this is not clear to me

middlep1

May 14, 2009
Durham City
Hi,

I've just installed this fix on my TD2 which is running Dutty's Leo 2.5 HG R0 ROM, and haven't noticed any difference in the speed at which the SMS threaded list built up, although the phone is now responsive whilst building up the list so I can write an SMS while the list finishes building up, so there is some improvement!

I do however have one issue/bug, that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet. I now get the some extra text added to end of each message in the threaded conversation just before the date and time are shown (please see attached image), the text reads "- GSM"

Any ideas why I have this extra text and how to get rid of it? it only appears in the threaded view, not on the single message preview when you first press on the message tab, and not when you select "all messages" when in Conversation mode, but if you switch to traditional mode in "all messages" the "- GSM" appears again.

Attachments

• ScreenShot5.jpg
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 267