Question SMS Messaging on 12S Ultra with Xiaomi.Eu

Search This thread

XH1987

Feb 11, 2018
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a 12S Ultra from a user on here that had installed the Xiaomi.Eu Rom. I got it up and running and everything seemed to operating just fine except SMS/Text messenging. I use Google Messages and gave the phone permissions, but in sending out messages, I would get the response from my S22 Ultra instead. I tried a few workarounds and nothing. Is anyone able to help me? The guy who had sold the phone informed me that everything was in working order including OTA updates but did not mention about this as he uses an app for iMessage instead :/.

daillcyruz

Oct 8, 2007
Central Jersey
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a 12S Ultra from a user on here that had installed the Xiaomi.Eu Rom. I got it up and running and everything seemed to operating just fine except SMS/Text messenging. I use Google Messages and gave the phone permissions, but in sending out messages, I would get the response from my S22 Ultra instead. I tried a few workarounds and nothing. Is anyone able to help me? The guy who had sold the phone informed me that everything was in working order including OTA updates but did not mention about this as he uses an app for iMessage instead :/.
You most likely have your messages paired with a computer . Make sure you unpair Any devices you have with the web version of messages.google.com.

XH1987

Feb 11, 2018
That's a negative. I've never paired google messages to my computer. I did however do what you suggested. I've tried again using google on the 12S Ultra and my S22 Ultra is picking up the messages, not the 12S ultra lol.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
That's a negative. I've never paired google messages to my computer. I did however do what you suggested. I've tried again using google on the 12S Ultra and my S22 Ultra is picking up the messages, not the 12S ultra lol.
did you add your phone number on the 12s in messages under advanced, and then enable chat ? if you are still logged into chat in the same gmail on the other phone where u were using the same number the texts will still come thru on wifi, i have used google messages on both the 11 ultra and the 12s ultra, it is always a pita to get it working but once it does it works fine for me

XH1987

Feb 11, 2018
So I did that. Turns out there was one thing I didn't do. Turn off the chat features on my S22 Ultra - now it's passing through to my 12S Ultra. Thank God. Oddly Chat Features on this phone isn't supported. It's there but I don't see it being allowed.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
So I did that. Turns out there was one thing I didn't do. Turn off the chat features on my S22 Ultra - now it's passing through to my 12S Ultra. Thank God. Oddly Chat Features on this phone isn't supported. It's there but I don't see it being allowed.
chat features will work, but its a pita anytime you do a fresh install of the rom, double check again every permission is granted, use wifi, clear data and reset permissions, sometimes it just takes a time to kick in

Attachments

• messages_0.jpeg
    messages_0.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 38
  • messages_0 (1).jpeg
    messages_0 (1).jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 38

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi all,

Long press on the Google messages icon
Information/ permissions/14 lines always allowed.
also put autostart and battery saver no restriction.

Reactions: tensux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Long press on the Google messages icon
    Information/ permissions/14 lines always allowed.
    also put autostart and battery saver no restriction.