• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Snail W3D gaming android smartphone,New generation of Xperia PLAY

Search This thread

DroidX2

Aug 12, 2011
To those interested. I have the Snail W1 (78p01) Gaming phone and have been using it as a phone/gaming device for over a year. As a gaming device, it works perfectly, especially with Tincore control mapping. However, phone wise, while everything else works good, the network is lacking. As mentioned, it does not have the 850, and I use it on ATT. It works ok in a good open space, but inside coverage is rough.

I was hoping for the W3D if not just to have a gaming phone with a decent internet connection. While the Snail W1 is usable, be aware of the network quality. If anyone has any specific questions about the device, let me know. There is also a review done for it as well, which is pretty in depth.
http://manguiro.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-snail-much-w1-ireadygo-78dian.html

The phone has potential, and could benefit highly from some custom roms, but being a mediatek device, devs here and around the world probably hiss when it's mentioned, lol!

Anywho, maybe Sony tries again, and make the Vita what it was supposed to be from the start, or maybe Nintendo does it. I just wish someone would do it and do it right.
LG seems to have the right idea, by making a regular phone, and having various attachments that fit the phone perfectly. Hopefully, one of those attachments is a slide out controller for gaming.

psxpetey

Dec 4, 2011
www.youtube.com
To those interested. I have the Snail W1 (78p01) Gaming phone and have been using it as a phone/gaming device for over a year. As a gaming device, it works perfectly, especially with Tincore control mapping. However, phone wise, while everything else works good, the network is lacking. As mentioned, it does not have the 850, and I use it on ATT. It works ok in a good open space, but inside coverage is rough.

I was hoping for the W3D if not just to have a gaming phone with a decent internet connection. While the Snail W1 is usable, be aware of the network quality. If anyone has any specific questions about the device, let me know. There is also a review done for it as well, which is pretty in depth.
http://manguiro.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-snail-much-w1-ireadygo-78dian.html

The phone has potential, and could benefit highly from some custom roms, but being a mediatek device, devs here and around the world probably hiss when it's mentioned, lol!

Anywho, maybe Sony tries again, and make the Vita what it was supposed to be from the start, or maybe Nintendo does it. I just wish someone would do it and do it right.
LG seems to have the right idea, by making a regular phone, and having various attachments that fit the phone perfectly. Hopefully, one of those attachments is a slide out controller for gaming.

I'm still pissed about the w3d

https://youtu.be/T7uJ_ylow3k my awesome youtube channel so many vids! 237 to be exact

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
Still nothing out of GDC regarding the W3D from what I can tell

I think today is significant though so maybe we will see something soon?

Not that it makes a difference but I have the snail games market. I was just browsing it for curiosity and came across a section for the older 78p01 for 999 cny. In us dollars that comes out to $155. Now considering its age and the lack of certain radios for us service I would probably pass on this. Guess there's no reason to mention all this other then curiosity.

Attachments

• 1458398251848.jpg
    1458398251848.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 1458398279759.jpg
    1458398279759.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 1458398320105.jpg
    1458398320105.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 169

psxpetey

Dec 4, 2011
www.youtube.com
Not that it makes a difference but I have the snail games market. I was just browsing it for curiosity and came across a section for the older 78p01 for 999 cny. In us dollars that comes out to $155. Now considering its age and the lack of certain radios for us service I would probably pass on this. Guess there's no reason to mention all this other then curiosity.

Sexy device for sure will we ever get a true successor.

https://youtu.be/T7uJ_ylow3k my awesome youtube channel so many vids! 237 to be exact

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
We might have to all migrate to the LG G5 forum

Starting to see rumors and teases of a gamepad module... Though I since my friend bough the phone I am not sure how they could add full controls and still have the phone retain a reasonable form factor

I mean... if you were already on board for the W3D then I guess it wouldnt matter lol

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
I just wanted to post in here again that it appears that the W3D has finally been released under the radar and is in the hands of a few distributors:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/w3d-already-in-stock/

If there's another thread on it, I must have missed it. I know DroidX2 has been posting over there. I'm still catching up, but it sounds like there's an issue with asec that broke native Apps2SD support. Hope that gets resolved. It's good to finally hear that it has been released all the same.

david7380

Dec 2, 2008
Columbia
I just wanted to post in here again that it appears that the W3D has finally been released under the radar and is in the hands of a few distributors:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/w3d-already-in-stock/

If there's another thread on it, I must have missed it. I know DroidX2 has been posting over there. I'm still catching up, but it sounds like there's an issue with asec that broke native Apps2SD support. Hope that gets resolved. It's good to finally hear that it has been released all the same.

Yes actually I got the Snail 78P01 a couple of month ago from Ali Express and a couple of weeks ago I received an email from the same seller saying he will soon have the Snail w3D in case I was interested.
From my experience with the 78P01 I am really not excited about the W3D. The 78P01 feels like a very old device, too laggy especially when compared to my Xperia Z3C. The UI feels Sluggish, a lot of apps are incompatible and the phone itself is too big and uncomfortable to use as an everyday-phone. I am expecting the W3D to be similar so I don’t have good expectations for it. May be in 2014 it could´ve been a good alternative for the Xperia Play, for the time being I think it will feel very old and outdated.

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
You know, if Sony were to release an accessory for their Compact phones that connected as a DualShock 4, but was instead a shell with all the buttons to make it like a Vita (with L2/R2 and L3/R3), that might be enough to fill the void left by the Xperia Play. It would be more portable than carrying around a full-sized controller and offer more power and functionality than these Snail devices. Plus, it wouldn't necessitate a new platform nor as much engineering as a full gaming phone would. It might even be re-usable with newer Compact phones as long as they didn't change the dimensions too much each generation. What do you think?

DroidX2

Aug 12, 2011
You know, if Sony were to release an accessory for their Compact phones that connected as a DualShock 4, but was instead a shell with all the buttons to make it like a Vita (with L2/R2 and L3/R3), that might be enough to fill the void left by the Xperia Play. It would be more portable than carrying around a full-sized controller and offer more power and functionality than these Snail devices. Plus, it wouldn't necessitate a new platform nor as much engineering as a full gaming phone would. It might even be re-usable with newer Compact phones as long as they didn't change the dimensions too much each generation. What do you think?

I agree, something similar to the Bladepad and Razer Junglecat accessories would be actually better customer and company wise. The main issue would be the design changes made by the manufacturers when releasing a new device. However, when a phone is made for gaming, the specs are normally higher than usual.

Sony, or any interested company, can simply make what they consider a gaming phone, with the specs, then make an attachable controller case, much like the bladepad, or junglecat, to accommodate said phone. That way, the phone would become universal. Anyone looking for a good high end phone, nothing better than a phone made for gaming. Want to play high res touchscreen gaming, it does that as well. Want a phone with buttons to play games, covers that as well.

It can be considered their gaming phone line, with the new versions may require an updated controller for those that want a controller, and a gaming flagship phone.

The controller attachment should connect through the USB, or even a proprietary slot on the phone so no fiddling around with bluetooth, or the customer can listen to music through bluetooth while gaming, or chat with online games. The reason bladepad and razer junglecat are referenced is because they don;t require removal to use the phone as a regular phone. When not is use, the controller becomes a protective case, covering that requirement as well.

By the way, Mecha, are you a member on Dingoonity?

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
I'm not a member, but I stumbled across that thread when my curiosity drifted back to "What ever happened to the Snail W3D?" I started searching and came across the thread mentioning that it finally got stealth released after a year of silence. When I was reading through it, I noticed your name pop up in it. I wanted to update this post since nobody else had commented on it.

Now that Nintendo has officially unveiled the Nintendo Switch (Codename NX), I'm curious to see Sony's reaction. They already had this field mostly covered with Remote Play and Cross-Play. Although they've pretty much given up on the Vita. So unless this renews their dedication to it and they perhaps release a new Vita with the L2/R2 and L3/R3 buttons for full and proper Remote Play, the next best option would be to push Remote Play over their phones. And if they really want to win at the portability game (because the Switch doesn't look like the most portable solution), then an add-on like we're talking about might be a good way to go and require the least engineering to accomplish. The Compact line would be ideal for it as it roughly fits within the screen size of the Vita.

Although that brings up whether it would be better to keep with the wider candybar format like the Vita and W3D, or go with a much thicker slide-out gamepad like the Bladepad or Junglecat? In terms of balance and to avoid blocking the camera, I think the wide candybar format would probably be better. Although I do think that the slide out gamepad can be more compact. So it's a tough call.

DroidX2

Aug 12, 2011
I'm not a member, but I stumbled across that thread when my curiosity drifted back to "What ever happened to the Snail W3D?" I started searching and came across the thread mentioning that it finally got stealth released after a year of silence. When I was reading through it, I noticed your name pop up in it. I wanted to update this post since nobody else had commented on it.

Now that Nintendo has officially unveiled the Nintendo Switch (Codename NX), I'm curious to see Sony's reaction. They already had this field mostly covered with Remote Play and Cross-Play. Although they've pretty much given up on the Vita. So unless this renews their dedication to it and they perhaps release a new Vita with the L2/R2 and L3/R3 buttons for full and proper Remote Play, the next best option would be to push Remote Play over their phones. And if they really want to win at the portability game (because the Switch doesn't look like the most portable solution), then an add-on like we're talking about might be a good way to go and require the least engineering to accomplish. The Compact line would be ideal for it as it roughly fits within the screen size of the Vita.

Although that brings up whether it would be better to keep with the wider candybar format like the Vita and W3D, or go with a much thicker slide-out gamepad like the Bladepad or Junglecat? In terms of balance and to avoid blocking the camera, I think the wide candybar format would probably be better. Although I do think that the slide out gamepad can be more compact. So it's a tough call.

Yeah, the Nintendo Switch is the talk of the town. Lots of things to confirm with it. It's like a Nintendo branded Nvidia Shield tablet, like a few have said. This could cause a huge shift in the market though, kinda like when Apple makes an adjustment, or releases a feature. Not that it's new, it's just the right person doing it.

What I am hoping is that this aggressive move to a somewhat portable console by a well known entity sparks the fires in other companies to compete and make their own version, or innovate. I'm sure many Android tablets will release a dock for displaying the tablet on TV's real soon. But as Sony is kind of Nintendo's direct competition in the portable gaming space, a new gaming phone from Sony could prove beneficial for Sony as to not lose too much headway to Nintendo, assuming Sony cares about the portable gaming market anymore.

What Sony could push though, is their ability to stream older Playstation games to their phones, then make a controller attachment to suit their flagship device. I'm sure they can build it with a hole for the camera. The candy bar format is better for grip, but makes the phone very long, for example, the W3D is about the same height as a 7 inch tablet.

Nintendo has opened a huge door in the portable market, and plenty of companies will be going through it. I wonder what 2017 will be like? TV Docks for tablets I'm sure.

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
Yeah, the Nintendo Switch is the talk of the town. Lots of things to confirm with it. It's like a Nintendo branded Nvidia Shield tablet, like a few have said. This could cause a huge shift in the market though, kinda like when Apple makes an adjustment, or releases a feature. Not that it's new, it's just the right person doing it.

What I am hoping is that this aggressive move to a somewhat portable console by a well known entity sparks the fires in other companies to compete and make their own version, or innovate. I'm sure many Android tablets will release a dock for displaying the tablet on TV's real soon. But as Sony is kind of Nintendo's direct competition in the portable gaming space, a new gaming phone from Sony could prove beneficial for Sony as to not lose too much headway to Nintendo, assuming Sony cares about the portable gaming market anymore.

What Sony could push though, is their ability to stream older Playstation games to their phones, then make a controller attachment to suit their flagship device. I'm sure they can build it with a hole for the camera. The candy bar format is better for grip, but makes the phone very long, for example, the W3D is about the same height as a 7 inch tablet.

Nintendo has opened a huge door in the portable market, and plenty of companies will be going through it. I wonder what 2017 will be like? TV Docks for tablets I'm sure.

Docks are kinda old-hat now anyway. I remember several tablet docks that did that a few years ago. Most phones use streaming tech now instead to cut the cord. It's just a new concept for console gaming. And we'll have to see how well the Switch sells, but chances are it could be very good. If so, then I easily see Sony at least trying to follow like they did with motion controls. However, unlike motion controls, they already have most of what they need in place.

I agree that Sony needs to step up with its back catalog. They don't seem to know what they want to do with backwards compatibility right now. They started with PlayStation Now for PS3, but then went with native PS2 compatibility. And still no PS1? Technically, modern phones shouldn't have any problem emulating PS1 (PS2 will still be a stretch), but I still don't think that Sony will want to go for native support or emulation unless they can lock it down. Just look what happened with the Xperia Play when people here figured out how to replace Crash Bandicoot with their own disc images. So streaming through PS Now makes a lot more sense from that aspect and could handle multiple platforms without high-end specs. It would also help move them towards PlayStation as a service that they've wanted to do for a while now. But they need to make PS Now more enticing price-wise and integrate it with PSN and PS Plus so that save files work across both and games that you've already bought don't require an additional fee. I think that would help to increase interest in the service.

DroidX2

Aug 12, 2011
Docks are kinda old-hat now anyway. I remember several tablet docks that did that a few years ago. Most phones use streaming tech now instead to cut the cord. It's just a new concept for console gaming. And we'll have to see how well the Switch sells, but chances are it could be very good. If so, then I easily see Sony at least trying to follow like they did with motion controls. However, unlike motion controls, they already have most of what they need in place.

I agree that Sony needs to step up with its back catalog. They don't seem to know what they want to do with backwards compatibility right now. They started with PlayStation Now for PS3, but then went with native PS2 compatibility. And still no PS1? Technically, modern phones shouldn't have any problem emulating PS1 (PS2 will still be a stretch), but I still don't think that Sony will want to go for native support or emulation unless they can lock it down. Just look what happened with the Xperia Play when people here figured out how to replace Crash Bandicoot with their own disc images. So streaming through PS Now makes a lot more sense from that aspect and could handle multiple platforms without high-end specs. It would also help move them towards PlayStation as a service that they've wanted to do for a while now. But they need to make PS Now more enticing price-wise and integrate it with PSN and PS Plus so that save files work across both and games that you've already bought don't require an additional fee. I think that would help to increase interest in the service.

Yeah, it was a good , yet a very bad thing with what happened with the Playstation games on Xperia Play. Most people felt that if they owned the original game disc, they should be able to copy that game disc to the system, but that wasn't how it was designed. Although I can't say that killed it, since the conversion required knowledge beyond most phone users, but it was deemed a nail in the coffin. I think Sony simply lost interest after the release of the Vita the following year, and the break up with Ericsson. The PS Now service is pretty robust, even being released on Smart TV's that allow bluetooth controllers. The price is a little steep when compared to other streaming services. Maybe make Playstation Plus and PS Now a bundle deal, and have game-saves tied to an account, saved in the cloud server for access anywhere. No console, pull out the phone, hook up wifi, or 4G, sign in and play portable. Unfortunately, portable has left a bad taste in Sony's mouth with the Vita, and the Xplay. In some cases even the PSP. It was superior to the DS in every technological way, yet the DS continually outsold it. I would love, yet hate to be the person that has to sell portable to Sony at this moment.

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
Sony has a terrible habit of designing something great and then shooting themselves in the foot or just plain not supporting it. Take the PSP and creating UMDs that nothing else would play as opposed to a variation of Memory Stick that could have been a truly universal media format that they could have dominated the market with. This also killed the battery life of the PSP. The DS (particularly the DS Lite) had some of the best battery life of any product that I have ever owned. Plus it had a ton of games and some unique features that ended up being more than just gimmicks. The PSP was powerful, but not enough to upset Nintendo's mobile dominance.

Then there was the Xperia Play, that was more of Sony Ericsson's doing. Sony half-assed supported it by tossing a few games on it and starting PlayStation Mobile for both it and the Vita. But because they didn't want it cannibalizing sales of the Vita, that's about all they did with it. Since nobody wanted to buy their games all over again for it, Sony pretty much killed off any dreams of bringing any more PS1 titles to PSM. And since PSM never integrated anything with PSN, there was nothing "PlayStation" about it. SE also low-balled the hardware too much so it didn't have lasting power and without proper support from Sony, it didn't stand a chance.

Currently we still have the Vita, which is also technically superior than the 3DS, but is hampered by overly expensive, proprietary memory cards and a lacking library of games. To try and compete with mobile phones and tablets, they also pushed it like it was a tablet, but it took years for it to get even a functional calendar or media streaming apps, so it didn't have much of anything outside of games. It did have both Remote Play and PS Now, but was lacking in enough buttons to play most games. It still floors me that Sony never saw fit to either (1) release a first party attachment to solve the L2/R2 and L3/R3 issue (leaving it up to third parties to do years after it came out) or (2) incorporate those buttons into the Vita Slim model when it came out. And while a powerful system, ports to it are still hampered and don't perform or sell as well as their console versions (unless they are HD ports of PS2 games). And now Sony isn't even giving the Vita any first party support. So they neglected and killed off the Xperia Play (a mobile phone that could have played in both worlds) for the Vita (a gaming device that doesn't offer anything else) and are going to do the same with the Vita for what? VR? That seems to be where all the hype is.

The big problem with Sony is that they backed the wrong system in the first place with the Vita. What I feel they really should have done was the iPhone/iPod Touch approach between the Xperia Play and the Vita. The Play should have been more powerful and included the phone functionality and the Vita should have been the dedicated handheld version. Both on the same platform. Although whether that would have been feasible at the time is a question considering how the Vita had heating issues in it's original slider design and the battery life would have most likely have been terrible for the Play. Hell, if the Play had just been a little more powerful and they ported PSP games to it as if it was a phone version of the PSP Go, it could have done much better. Sony's biggest problem is themselves.

DroidX2

Aug 12, 2011
Sony has a terrible habit of designing something great and then shooting themselves in the foot or just plain not supporting it. Take the PSP and creating UMDs that nothing else would play as opposed to a variation of Memory Stick that could have been a truly universal media format that they could have dominated the market with. This also killed the battery life of the PSP. The DS (particularly the DS Lite) had some of the best battery life of any product that I have ever owned. Plus it had a ton of games and some unique features that ended up being more than just gimmicks. The PSP was powerful, but not enough to upset Nintendo's mobile dominance.

Then there was the Xperia Play, that was more of Sony Ericsson's doing. Sony half-assed supported it by tossing a few games on it and starting PlayStation Mobile for both it and the Vita. But because they didn't want it cannibalizing sales of the Vita, that's about all they did with it. Since nobody wanted to buy their games all over again for it, Sony pretty much killed off any dreams of bringing any more PS1 titles to PSM. And since PSM never integrated anything with PSN, there was nothing "PlayStation" about it. SE also low-balled the hardware too much so it didn't have lasting power and without proper support from Sony, it didn't stand a chance.

Currently we still have the Vita, which is also technically superior than the 3DS, but is hampered by overly expensive, proprietary memory cards and a lacking library of games. To try and compete with mobile phones and tablets, they also pushed it like it was a tablet, but it took years for it to get even a functional calendar or media streaming apps, so it didn't have much of anything outside of games. It did have both Remote Play and PS Now, but was lacking in enough buttons to play most games. It still floors me that Sony never saw fit to either (1) release a first party attachment to solve the L2/R2 and L3/R3 issue (leaving it up to third parties to do years after it came out) or (2) incorporate those buttons into the Vita Slim model when it came out. And while a powerful system, ports to it are still hampered and don't perform or sell as well as their console versions (unless they are HD ports of PS2 games). And now Sony isn't even giving the Vita any first party support. So they neglected and killed off the Xperia Play (a mobile phone that could have played in both worlds) for the Vita (a gaming device that doesn't offer anything else) and are going to do the same with the Vita for what? VR? That seems to be where all the hype is.

The big problem with Sony is that they backed the wrong system in the first place with the Vita. What I feel they really should have done was the iPhone/iPod Touch approach between the Xperia Play and the Vita. The Play should have been more powerful and included the phone functionality and the Vita should have been the dedicated handheld version. Both on the same platform. Although whether that would have been feasible at the time is a question considering how the Vita had heating issues in it's original slider design and the battery life would have most likely have been terrible for the Play. Hell, if the Play had just been a little more powerful and they ported PSP games to it as if it was a phone version of the PSP Go, it could have done much better. Sony's biggest problem is themselves.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::good:Whoa, you said it all! Nothing left to say accept, YEP! If it wasn't for the many developers here at XDA and other sites, the Xperia Play wouldn't have lasted through it's second year. I was out of internal space less than a week of owning it, and that was just porting my apps from my 1st gen Motorola Droid to it.

The Xperia Play could have been the portable golden goose. However, I think another issue for Sony backing out was Android itself. Due to the openness of Android, they were afraid it was going to be hacked. But then again, what Sony device hasn't been hacked, Playstation VR? Not yet, but it's coming.

Xperia Play and Playstation Mobile could have pushed each other, by allowing one to download and play PSN downloaded games, on the Xperia Play. Imagine a game like Dust-An Elysian Tale, on Xperia Play, instead of once again, being Sony trying to make something new, integrate the Xperia Play into the Sony family by allowing it to sync with a PSN Account and play downloaded games from it. Just like with PS1, they could have made an emulator to do so. It may be more complicated than that, but I'm sure it was easily accomplished.

However like you said, the hardware was completely low-balled, so I don't think even Sony saw a future with it. and with the Quad-Core Vita releasing that next year, they were just like, screw it.

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
:laugh::laugh::laugh::good:Whoa, you said it all! Nothing left to say accept, YEP! If it wasn't for the many developers here at XDA and other sites, the Xperia Play wouldn't have lasted through it's second year. I was out of internal space less than a week of owning it, and that was just porting my apps from my 1st gen Motorola Droid to it.

The Xperia Play could have been the portable golden goose. However, I think another issue for Sony backing out was Android itself. Due to the openness of Android, they were afraid it was going to be hacked. But then again, what Sony device hasn't been hacked, Playstation VR? Not yet, but it's coming.

Xperia Play and Playstation Mobile could have pushed each other, by allowing one to download and play PSN downloaded games, on the Xperia Play. Imagine a game like Dust-An Elysian Tale, on Xperia Play, instead of once again, being Sony trying to make something new, integrate the Xperia Play into the Sony family by allowing it to sync with a PSN Account and play downloaded games from it. Just like with PS1, they could have made an emulator to do so. It may be more complicated than that, but I'm sure it was easily accomplished.

However like you said, the hardware was completely low-balled, so I don't think even Sony saw a future with it. and with the Quad-Core Vita releasing that next year, they were just like, screw it.

Also completely agree. The Play needed what we have now: PlayStation app, PlayStation Messaging, and Remote Play. Ports of PSP games would have been nice, but would have taken more work. They would have needed to add the Play as a platform to their dev tools and PSN APIs. PlayStation Mobile was a nice idea and tried to mimic Microsoft's XNA, but there was no integration into any of PSN to entice developers for such a niche platform. Of course, if everything is streaming from Sony's cloud, then any new device would just need to connect to that and stream from it. We have that now, but because of failing so early before anything was ready, it seems doubtful that they will try again. Unless they're waiting until they have EVERYTHING in place (we still haven't seen PlayStation Now on phones and I don't know what ForwardWorks is working on). I guess we will have to continue to wait and see.

DroidX2

Aug 12, 2011
Also completely agree. The Play needed what we have now: PlayStation app, PlayStation Messaging, and Remote Play. Ports of PSP games would have been nice, but would have taken more work. They would have needed to add the Play as a platform to their dev tools and PSN APIs. PlayStation Mobile was a nice idea and tried to mimic Microsoft's XNA, but there was no integration into any of PSN to entice developers for such a niche platform. Of course, if everything is streaming from Sony's cloud, then any new device would just need to connect to that and stream from it. We have that now, but because of failing so early before anything was ready, it seems doubtful that they will try again. Unless they're waiting until they have EVERYTHING in place (we still haven't seen PlayStation Now on phones and I don't know what ForwardWorks is working on). I guess we will have to continue to wait and see.

It can definitely be done, because Onlive was released on phones. I had it for Xperia Play. It worked best on WIFI of course, but it worked, and was sweet! I heard they were getting back into Mobile gaming, but it seems like only to push Playstation Now to other devices other than their own, and to make smartphone games, similar to how Nintendo is doing, to bolster their franchises and sell more console copies. Probably an endless runner God of War, or a side story Killzone, since after all, FPS games are pretty numerous on the touch screen platform. Mobile gaming on smartphones is huge and they would be foolish not to get in on it. Of course, to make an Xperia Play 2 would be awesome, and allow for more of their original titles to be released, and there was a HUGE backing for the Xperia Play, with 1000+ Xperia Play optimized games on the market. Developers knew the Play, loved it, and updated their games for it at a rapid pace. They can make the new Play compatible with the old Play API as to still have that backward compatibility. I guess it all depends on how successful ForwardWorks is with the mobile gaming push.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are looking forward to trying it.

J

Just got a response from John at techno Buffalo this guy is awesome at responding to emails.

We would actually love to try this, any idea on when it will ship?

If everyone can take a moment of their time to thank John at TechnoBuffalo.
    On snails Facebook page I took a screenshot of the Amazon release date and left a pretty nasty comment regarding my frustration with this phone and the company. Some of it might be harsh but I am just really really upset with them the weight alone has already been asinine and now this happens and no communication from the company on this device or any announcement of the date being pushed back. Snail should be the first place everyone goes to for communication and they have no communication whatsoever. It seems like all that I want to push is there age of wushu. I realize I am just venting, but again I am just very disappointed and angry with them. I am sure a crapton goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but this has to be one of the worst product roll outs I've seen. Again, just upset. Rant done.
    Awesomeness man that thing is going to be practically out of date when it comes out better have some kick ass games!

Sent from my LT28i using XDA Free mobile app

I read on droid gamers that supposedly they are replacing the Mediatek processor with a unknown snapdragon

As much as I want this phone to be awesome, I am getting very frustrated with Snail games on their lack of comunication, and the fact that we have wait 6 months for the release date and now 6 more months for release, this is ridiculous.
    Amazon just posted this phone with the release date of December 31st for $399

Snail Mobile W3D Gaming Cell Phone, Unlocked - Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YZ2T55K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_TrWGvb3ZP0MR7

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=43548945&source=hangouts

Not a single peep from Snail games via their Facebook page as to a release date or pricing.
    Just noticed this official post on Snail's website:

http://www.snail.com/en/news/2015/0108/8683.html

I realize this article is several months old now, but I noticed the following line for those in the US who are interested:

" The phones available in the North American market will arrive unlocked and compatible with most U.S. network providers."

Guess this means that, at the time of this writing, they either did not plan on any carrier support in store, or had nothing lined up yet. That's all, just wanted to share what I found.