Snail W3D gaming android smartphone,New generation of Xperia PLAY

Search This thread
So I thought it would reach out to snail games about TechnoBuffalo obtaining a review unit, this was their quick response, got this back in about 20 minutes.
Jesse,

First, thanks you for expressing suck interest in our phone. It's great to her from people like you and hear the reaction. The best news is the phone is available for preorder on Amazon right now. Just search Snail Mobile W3D.

I will reach out to Jon and put him in touch with our people so he gets on the list.

Here's to hoping TechnoBuffalo obtains a review unit.

Thanks again,

Dan Doughty
Director of Business Development
Snail Mobile

"

Reactions: m.morcielago
Reactions: psxpetey

Xperia Player

Aug 1, 2012
This phone is not released until Sept. 29, 2015 via Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Snail-Mobile-Gaming-Cell-Phone-Unlocked/dp/B00YZ2T55K

That is why I am pushing to have Technobuffalo and or other review tech sites so that we may better understand the device and how good the quality is.

Have you reached out to Engadget? They always get stuff early. IGN might be interested too.
I kind of feel like this is getting the same treatment as the xperia play, as in, the specs for the device are outdated before it's released. What do you guys think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Have you reached out to Engadget? They always get stuff early. IGN might be interested too.
I kind of feel like this is getting the same treatment as the xperia play, as in, the specs for the device are outdated before it's released. What do you guys think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

I will try to reach out to Engadget in the next day or two. I reached out TechnoBuffalo because. I had previously contacted jon a couple years ago and so I had his email address. I'll try to reach out to IGN as well, although IGN already has a short video from ces on the w3d. In regards to the age of the hardware when it's released I would say it's becoming slightly dated has no official phone came out without hardware until fall of last year that being said it should do the job for your phone and having it do for the next couple of years. But you're right this phone should have come out end of last year at the latest it should have come out month ago but if it did come out sooner I'm sure it would be a little bit more expensive

DrROBschiz

Sep 21, 2011
Man

WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE

My only beef with the W3D is the size. At 5.5 inches its just TOO big. A high quality 4 inch screen would be preferable if it could cut down that ridiculous length

david7380

Dec 2, 2008
Columbia
What about the non-3D version with a 5" display they talked about a couple of months ago, did they cancel it? haven't heard of that since then.

psxpetey

What about the non-3D version with a 5" display they talked about a couple of months ago, did they cancel it? haven't heard of that since then.

Still coming smaller screen and smaller battery pre orders have already been takin if I remember right I think it was about 70 less $

Sent from my LT28i using XDA Free mobile app

Still coming smaller screen and smaller battery pre orders have already been takin if I remember right I think it was about 70 less $

I'm not sure what's happening with the smaller screen version several email replies have gone unresponded to about the smaller version. At one point I did read that it was going to be 80 dollars less for the smaller screen and 3d less version

inaroom

Feb 26, 2013
Moto Z2 Play
Everybody ,still there isn't anybody bye this phone?
Please leave a feedback

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

no way, how coul i ever carry that thing in my pocket? the xplay is still my main driver, and it's pretty sad that after 4 years i didn't find a valid alternative...it's starting to show its age now, but i bet i will carry on another couple of years with my play..i'm a heavy retrogamer and watch a lot of music and movies on it..as i said before, no way i can carry that 5+ inch board in my pocket..just enormous

Reactions: david7380

psxpetey

no way, how coul i ever carry that thing in my pocket? the xplay is still my main driver, and it's pretty sad that after 4 years i didn't find a valid alternative...it's starting to show its age now, but i bet i will carry on another couple of years with my play..i'm a heavy retrogamer and watch a lot of music and movies on it..as i said before, no way i can carry that 5+ inch board in my pocket..just enormous

It's about seven inches all told more of a phablet! If my xplay flex cable didn't go out summer 2012 when I was away and needed a phone it would still be my main driver. Man I wish I could add 4g lte to my play I'd go back in a heartbeat. Perfect size nice screen good feel in the hand what a device! That gamepad is beyond awesome. It's actually the reason I went android!

m.morcielago

May 24, 2013
Marand
It's about seven inches all told more of a phablet! If my xplay flex cable didn't go out summer 2012 when I was away and needed a phone it would still be my main driver. Man I wish I could add 4g lte to my play I'd go back in a heartbeat. Perfect size nice screen good feel in the hand what a device! That gamepad is beyond awesome. It's actually the reason I went android!

Unfortunately The Sony can't understands this love about Xplay
Unfortunately[emoji20]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: psxpetey

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We are looking forward to trying it.

J

Just got a response from John at techno Buffalo this guy is awesome at responding to emails.

We would actually love to try this, any idea on when it will ship?

If everyone can take a moment of their time to thank John at TechnoBuffalo.
    On snails Facebook page I took a screenshot of the Amazon release date and left a pretty nasty comment regarding my frustration with this phone and the company. Some of it might be harsh but I am just really really upset with them the weight alone has already been asinine and now this happens and no communication from the company on this device or any announcement of the date being pushed back. Snail should be the first place everyone goes to for communication and they have no communication whatsoever. It seems like all that I want to push is there age of wushu. I realize I am just venting, but again I am just very disappointed and angry with them. I am sure a crapton goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but this has to be one of the worst product roll outs I've seen. Again, just upset. Rant done.
    Awesomeness man that thing is going to be practically out of date when it comes out better have some kick ass games!

I read on droid gamers that supposedly they are replacing the Mediatek processor with a unknown snapdragon

As much as I want this phone to be awesome, I am getting very frustrated with Snail games on their lack of comunication, and the fact that we have wait 6 months for the release date and now 6 more months for release, this is ridiculous.
    Amazon just posted this phone with the release date of December 31st for $399

Snail Mobile W3D Gaming Cell Phone, Unlocked - Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YZ2T55K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_TrWGvb3ZP0MR7

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=43548945&source=hangouts

Not a single peep from Snail games via their Facebook page as to a release date or pricing.
    Just noticed this official post on Snail's website:

http://www.snail.com/en/news/2015/0108/8683.html

I realize this article is several months old now, but I noticed the following line for those in the US who are interested:

" The phones available in the North American market will arrive unlocked and compatible with most U.S. network providers."

Guess this means that, at the time of this writing, they either did not plan on any carrier support in store, or had nothing lined up yet. That's all, just wanted to share what I found.