Snapchat locking me out even with magisk hide.

Search This thread

Mofo50C

Aug 24, 2017
Guys i need urgent help i am rooted with magisk and have installed latest version. i have magisk hide enabled and have chosen snapchat in the options. Magisk hide perfectly works with other apps that i want to hide it from but it doesnt with snapchat. I now have been locked out of my snapchat account for 1 week and i urgently need help. i don't know what the issue is my snapchat i downloaded clean from the playstore but it keeps saying you are trying to access snapchat from third party apps. literally any help appreciated.
Thanks

Also i do not have xposed

Last edited:

Amos91

Jun 24, 2012
Unroot. Install snapchat and confirm it works. Then root and hide with Magisk.

vinct94

Oct 5, 2015
Or you can do my trick, take a backup of Snapchat (and it's data) with titanium backup, then uninstall Snapchat and restore it with Titanium Backup, I never had to put magisk hide like this for many years now and it has always worked even with rom updates and every flash of roms I did so far.
Hope it helps.

Mofo50C

Aug 24, 2017
Or you can do my trick, take a backup of Snapchat (and it's data) with titanium backup, then uninstall Snapchat and restore it with Titanium Backup, I never had to put magisk hide like this for many years now and it has always worked even with rom updates and every flash of roms I did so far.
Hope it helps.

Do I back it up when I'm rooted or do I unroot then take a backup?

neonixxx

May 17, 2010
You're the first other person I've been able to find online reporting this issue. I've had the same problem and it started in December.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Magisk being hidden or being logged in beforehand. Even if I restore a logged in backup from another phone or unroot, log in, then root again, Snapchat force logs me out after a day or so. Then when trying to log in again, it'll say the account has been temporarily locked, and eventually if I wait long enough, I can log in again and have a message from Team Snapchat telling me my account was locked for X hours. I got up to 72 hours and gave up on Snapchat. Tried making a brand new account as well bad same thing happens.

I'm not sure what the hell they are detecting or how. I've never used any third party Snapchat clients and Magisk is the only thing I'd suspect them to be looking for. But I've no clue how and why no one else in the online world seems to be having this problem but us two... However, OxygenOS could possibly be a contributing factor in some way as we both as OP device (I have a 6T).

Reactions: GameKiller168

Mofo50C

Aug 24, 2017
FINALLY someone who has the same problem as me. OnePlus 3T here, have you guys tried uninstalling substratum?

no i actually don't have substratum i really don't know the problem, i unrooted and rerooted however i cant actually check because im still banned for a week from snapchat i think im just gonna give up. however no i have a new problem when i reboot the phone i get the red message saying its corrupted and may not work it still boots tho but that message is really annoying

neonixxx

May 17, 2010
i did have the settings database thing but that was a long time ago and i didnt modify any settings i got it so i can take a backup of its apk and send it to a friend. (dont ask XD) but other than that no i dont even have substratum. Right also i tried unrooting it and rerooting it and now my phones giving the red message saying its corrupted and may not work properly. it still turns on but it says that at boot. Is there a way to fix this
You mean the screen that says "the device cannot be checked for corruption"? That doesn't mean it is corrupted. It just means through bootloader is unlocked so it can't guarantee the system hasn't been modified from stock. But that's the whole purpose of unlocking the bootloader, so you just have to live with seeing it whenever you reboot.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Then Titanium Backup, maybe?

By the way, how do you check how long you've been locked out for?
It's so stupid. They send you so message through Snapchat itself from "Team Snapchat", so of course, you don't know how long you were locked out for until after the fact ?

It seems to start at 12 hours and go up by 12 mkre hours each time they lock it.

Amos91

Jun 24, 2012
Its not Titanium Backup. I have it and Snapchat with no issues (Magisk). I don't have any theme modules though.

neonixxx

May 17, 2010
So the other night, I uninstalled Magisk on my old OP5T bad logged into Snapchat. Its been a couple days and I am still logged in and they haven't locked my account or anything. So it seems that somehow, it is detecting Magisk on our phones, despite any attempts at hiding it. ?

I'm just absolutely puzzled by how this is only affecting a few of us. I suppose there could be more of us out there who just haven't posted about it, like myself until I came across this thread.

Reactions: GameKiller168

vampyre_masq

Jul 13, 2007
Perth
Something I have noticed that may help people on OOS. I have Snapchat cloned through Parallel Apps cause I have a few logins, it seems the accounts that always get banned and detect Magisk are running on the original app, the cloned app hasn't been banned once.

Totone56

Mar 26, 2013
Vannes
Snapchat can be i PITA when rooted ... Magisk Hide works currently for me on OOS 9.0.3 though.

Don't know if this changed, but it only checks for root at login. So Unrooting -> Logging in Snapchat -> Rooting with Magisk Hide enabled worked previously for me.
But right now, Magisk Hide seems to fool it even during the login process, didn't get any error message like "We can't login right now" (Which it used to say when it detected root)

Apr 17, 2011
Guys this is really lame. It started for me a few days ago. I have Pixel 2 XL and I am up to a week now as well. I love SnapChat. I did not have an Instagram until this happened to me the first time. Let them lose valuable active users when they are trying to secure more. The SnapChat update for Android is kind of trash from the few minutes I got to use it like. The camera already was supported on my device well. Now I cannot share multiple memories in one message from chat. I have to go to memories and individually send them. *edit: replaced a censored word with 'trash'

Last edited:

RiTCHiE007

Jun 22, 2011
Huawei P20 Pro
OnePlus 6
Guys this is really lame. It started for me a few days ago. I have Pixel 2 XL and I am up to a week now as well. I love SnapChat. I did not have an Instagram until this happened to me the first time. Let them lose valuable active users when they are trying to secure more. The SnapChat update for Android is kind of trash from the few minutes I got to use it like. The camera already was supported on my device well. Now I cannot share multiple memories in one message from chat. I have to go to memories and individually send them. *edit: replaced a censored word with 'trash'

lose active users? You do understand that root users are like less then 1 or 2% so they dont really care about those uses if you can make the system more secure.

Apr 17, 2011
There are dozens of us! Yeah, well I am, or was pretty active. I don't disagree that we are small in numbers, and I'm not sure if the amount of people rooting is growing or shrinking. I have not installed custom ROM in years, but still root.;

DSD_CYRO

Mar 22, 2018
Got the same problem on my S9. Magisk 18.1 on a modified samsung ROM. Works flawlessly without magisk, pretty much instant account-lock when I install it. Hide or not, doesn't matter.

Last edited:

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Ok so I read this whole thread up to now and I have the exact same issue with an Xperia XZ Premium. Now I only rooted and unlocked my bootloader around a week ago. Prior to this when I was on oreo I used the Andromeda substratum non root method and even modified the theme on Snapchat without issues no ban what so ever. I then updated to pie on locked bootloader and still fine. Only to the point I rooted did I get ban issues. So I have no magisk modules and only around 3 root apps (one being substratum which wasn't even working for me anyway).

Yesterday it would not let me login and I found that my safetynet checks were both false and I'm not sure how they were because every other time I checked they were true and I never flashed anything. I managed to fix this by uninstalling magisk and restoring my system backup. I then installed magisk again and used magisk hide. I just got banned not too long ago.

I think they must be detecting the actual magisk app rather than root itself. That's my theory, the only way to know for sure is just to have the APK installed without magisk flashed but I don't want to get the account banned again. For now I've decided that I'll not have magisk flashed and that I'll just go without it since I wasn't really using any root apps anyway. If I still get banned after that then we would know that it's not magisk but I can report back after. I've noticed that the ban happens at 5.40pm UK time for me every 1 day.

I have an Xperia Z2 which has super su installed but it isn't rooted since I just use it as a spare phone I used Snapchat on it temporarily and didn't get any bans on that. I'll try it on my XZ Premium as is without magisk installed and if I still get banned then I'm not sure what it would be.

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Okay so after not having magisk installed I now got a 2 day ban and I'm not sure how because I do not have root installed and all my other apps that are installed are the same from before I ever even rooted so I'm unsure as to why I have this ban now which is beyond stupid. The only thing I can put it down to now is the screen recording app I have but I don't even have magisk installed so I don't understand how it wants to decide to ban me for an app I don't even have installed. If anyone can work anything out with this is would be great. I do still have an unlocked bootloader.

dumbasPL

Feb 10, 2019
code cave
nezu.cc
Okay so after not having magisk installed I now got a 2 day ban and I'm not sure how because I do not have root installed and all my other apps that are installed are the same from before I ever even rooted so I'm unsure as to why I have this ban now which is beyond stupid. The only thing I can put it down to now is the screen recording app I have but I don't even have magisk installed so I don't understand how it wants to decide to ban me for an app I don't even have installed. If anyone can work anything out with this is would be great. I do still have an unlocked bootloader.

even if you did not modify it it's still a good idea to reinstall the app after ban(or even wipe data if possible). I had this problem before when after unrooting i got banned, i formated data and then i was fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope it helps.
    That's a Very Impressive app. I will Try Playing around with it. Thanks!
    Thank you very much, my friend.
    You are totally welcome.
    Enjoy :cool:
    I finally find out what was going on with Snapchat.
    I installed a modded version of Samsung Apps with the Aroma installer on my rom (LightRom) and this cause trouble to Snapchat because on of the mod is to allow "secure screenshots" which is detected by Snapchat and cause the ban.
    Check if you don't have any modded apps like that...
    Ok, this is just getting wierder and wierder. On my second phone I have latest version of SC and magisk 18.1 and I did not get banned for over a week WTF Snapchat.
    Here is what I did:
    - reinstalled rom when I switched to new phone(quite a while back)
    - installed Snapchat
    - logged in on my second account (witch has been banned in the past)
    - flashed magisk
    - after boot quickly force stopped Snapchat
    - repackaged magisk with random name(in settings)
    - checked root using total commander (all fine)
    - stared using Snapchat and snapping every day back and forth with my main account
    7 days pass and I'm still fine.
    Also I had magisk hide ticked in settings but not for SC.
    I'll wait few more days and format the phone and try the same but without the repackage.

Sent from my OnePlus 6t using Tapatalk
    Something I have noticed that may help people on OOS. I have Snapchat cloned through Parallel Apps cause I have a few logins, it seems the accounts that always get banned and detect Magisk are running on the original app, the cloned app hasn't been banned once.