Snapchat locking me out even with magisk hide.

Search This thread
Mar 16, 2016
New Delhi
Having an unlocked bootloader fails SafetyNet which Snapchat must pass to login. Back in v18 of magisk this was properly taken care of and would be forced to pass with the Hide feature.
Magisk dev since March 2019, no longer cares about the Hide feature they promote so heavily(but an app with over 1 billion downloads is classified as a "minor app" that the dev has no interest in maintaining proper hiding code for).
The only option is to have a fully stock ROM from Google's download site or OTA,unrooted and a locked bootloader to pass safetynet if you are interested in using Snapchat in 2019.

No other options exist

Has anyone tried running snapchat through island?

Mar 16, 2016
New Delhi
Maybe a way?

Okay so after a lot of searching I might have stumbled on to a way to access snapchat. I will try it as soon as I can root my phone (MI has waiting time).
Firstly, factory reset your device. Then root it before setting it up again. Enable magiskhide on play services and play store. Enable magisk repackaging option.
Install an earlier version of the app, below 10.40. (Using the beta versions, even the latest might work, I saw some users saying that).
Try to avoid updating the app.
Enable magiskhide on snapchat.
Grant it only the permissions it needs to work, no more.
Disable autostart and stop it from running in background.
Instead of using root apps, try using magisk modules for the same. Example: Use an ad-blocking module from magisk instead of adaway, use greenify4magisk instead of the app from playstore etc.
After installing the app, instead of using the app straight away, create a dual app if your phone has that feature, or parallel space. Or you might try using app in island.
If all this doesn't work, you might need to reset your device id and then try all this all over again. That might work.

I don't know if all this will work, but this is what I've been able to piece together after hours of searching the web. It might, it might not.
Special thanks to @TevW for some of these steps

Reactions: BookCase

BookCase

Aug 3, 2009
Philadelphia
getapmobile.com
Okay so after a lot of searching I might have stumbled on to a way to access snapchat. I will try it as soon as I can root my phone (MI has waiting time).
Firstly, factory reset your device. Then root it before setting it up again. Enable magiskhide on play services and play store. Enable magisk repackaging option.
Install an earlier version of the app, below 10.40. (Using the beta versions, even the latest might work, I saw some users saying that).
Try to avoid updating the app.
Enable magiskhide on snapchat.
Grant it only the permissions it needs to work, no more.
Disable autostart and stop it from running in background.
Instead of using root apps, try using magisk modules for the same. Example: Use an ad-blocking module from magisk instead of adaway, use greenify4magisk instead of the app from playstore etc.
After installing the app, instead of using the app straight away, create a dual app if your phone has that feature, or parallel space. Or you might try using app in island.
If all this doesn't work, you might need to reset your device id and then try all this all over again. That might work.

I don't know if all this will work, but this is what I've been able to piece together after hours of searching the web. It might, it might not.
Special thanks to @TevW for some of these steps

Works for me on HTC U11 Life. Thanks for sharing.

woodyby

Aug 13, 2007
As a very easy solution:

Oneplus provides the option to clone you apps or to let them in parallel. Just clone the app and then use the cloned version. The cloned version is run in a simulated instance and should not be effected by root or any other app. Here is a quick guide on how to do it: https://www.mobigyaan.com/dual-apps-parallel-apps-oneplus-7-pro

Already tried on Samsung with the same option, "Dual messaging", but doesn't work ... Still ban after 12 hours !

Reactions: Ole97er
Apr 19, 2015
So i had a similiar experience on my redmi note 5 pro, running android 10 pixel experience. Found turning off these magisk modules worked.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200131-003230.png
    Screenshot_20200131-003230.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Screenshot_20200131-003202.png
    Screenshot_20200131-003202.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot_20200131-003147.png
    Screenshot_20200131-003147.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 284
Reactions: juan_carlos__007
Apr 19, 2015
I haven't gotten banned in a year and I've been using magisk and kept it up to date and I'm on pixel experience 10 too on op5
Didn't say to disable magisk, just the modules shown (gms doze didn't affect Snapchat on further testing)

Magisk worked fine but enabling the modules led to snapchat not logging in

Last edited:
Reactions: Trey n

Xenomorphs

Jul 10, 2014
What i did was disable riru modules as they were the ones giving me failed safetynet but you can disable all modules just in case. Then check to see if you pass safetynet and if true, login to snapchat and once logged in enable on modules and snapchat wont give any problems.

veronesi.n

Jun 15, 2011
Piétrain
Didn't read all post, but solution is quite simple, after clearing cache and data of the app you want to use that detects the root, go to magisk and then go to settings/ Genearal and Hide/rename magisk with an other name. After that hide magisk from the app. then download, install safetypatch in magisk, restart phone, you're done.
It works with EVERY app I've tryed, from banking apps, to snapchat, my work apps and even kind of secure id app in belgium.

Reactions: juan_carlos__007

spider451

Mar 18, 2019
I recently was experiencing this no matter what I done. I'd catch a ban by the next day or so. Even with parallel apps I was getting banned. After updating to Android 10 this has stopped. Which suggests to me it's a whole someplace in PIE. Since I've been on Q I haven't had one issue.

OP6T (global) Magisk, XXX no limits , and Omega Kernel

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Staff member
Moderator Announcement: Thread cleaned from any warez discussion! XDA has a zero-tolerance policy in that respect even if such a "tool" offers additional capabilities.

XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

qounik

Mar 24, 2015
Dhaka
qounik.webs.com
So after Reading the whole thread it seems Snapchat Not Only able to Detect Root, It Can Detect even if Magisk Hide is in place. It's Very Interesting. How are they Able to Achieve such things. Saw a Link Above of Breakdown of how and what they detects. Mostly use to be Xposed which is understandable but what if a Dev wants to Troubleshoot their device with Magisk also Use Snapchat?
I am unable to Clean install my device so I can't really test Different scenarios but has anyone tried
Magisk, Riru Storage Isolation and or freezing the app while not using it and only unfrozen use and froze it again?
Just a thought

Feb 3, 2017
Hii. I am here to get the solution for snapchat voice quality.. snapchat is using top mic which is noise cancellation mic.. and the quality of the voice is so bad. Can we fix this issue? With root or xxxnolimit.. i have tried the custom rom.. quality was improved with the custom rom but is there any way we can fix this with stock rom?

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
So after Reading the whole thread it seems Snapchat Not Only able to Detect Root, It Can Detect even if Magisk Hide is in place. It's Very Interesting. How are they Able to Achieve such things. Saw a Link Above of Breakdown of how and what they detects. Mostly use to be Xposed which is understandable but what if a Dev wants to Troubleshoot their device with Magisk also Use Snapchat?
I am unable to Clean install my device so I can't really test Different scenarios but has anyone tried
Magisk, Riru Storage Isolation and or freezing the app while not using it and only unfrozen use and froze it again?
Just a thought

it also has a list of package names it checks for. you could repackage each of these apps to hide them, altho the app I used to use to repackage apps doesn't work anymore on my android 9 phone.
heres an excellent write up with a list of detected package names.
https://aeonlucid.com/Snapchat-detection-on-Android/

qounik

Mar 24, 2015
Dhaka
qounik.webs.com
it also has a list of package names it checks for. you could repackage each of these apps to hide them, altho the app I used to use to repackage apps doesn't work anymore on my android 9 phone.
heres an excellent write up with a list of detected package names.
https://aeonlucid.com/Snapchat-detection-on-Android/

Thanks for the Idea, I'm Trying Different Things every other day I'm getting free time, I'm Curious about what they exactly they detects and How. If I Don't have any Trace of Xposed in my system Then why would they block us, and is it ok to look through the apps? We have Root but Snapchat app don't so we should have the upper hand. It's app therefore it has vulnerabilities. Idk what am saying but I'm curious to find out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Or you can do my trick, take a backup of Snapchat (and it's data) with titanium backup, then uninstall Snapchat and restore it with Titanium Backup, I never had to put magisk hide like this for many years now and it has always worked even with rom updates and every flash of roms I did so far.
    Hope it helps.
    I finally find out what was going on with Snapchat.
    I installed a modded version of Samsung Apps with the Aroma installer on my rom (LightRom) and this cause trouble to Snapchat because on of the mod is to allow "secure screenshots" which is detected by Snapchat and cause the ban.
    Check if you don't have any modded apps like that...
    Ok, this is just getting wierder and wierder. On my second phone I have latest version of SC and magisk 18.1 and I did not get banned for over a week WTF Snapchat.
    Here is what I did:
    - reinstalled rom when I switched to new phone(quite a while back)
    - installed Snapchat
    - logged in on my second account (witch has been banned in the past)
    - flashed magisk
    - after boot quickly force stopped Snapchat
    - repackaged magisk with random name(in settings)
    - checked root using total commander (all fine)
    - stared using Snapchat and snapping every day back and forth with my main account
    7 days pass and I'm still fine.
    Also I had magisk hide ticked in settings but not for SC.
    I'll wait few more days and format the phone and try the same but without the repackage.

Sent from my OnePlus 6t using Tapatalk
    Something I have noticed that may help people on OOS. I have Snapchat cloned through Parallel Apps cause I have a few logins, it seems the accounts that always get banned and detect Magisk are running on the original app, the cloned app hasn't been banned once.
    Some more info

Ok so i think we might have a solution(but for now only for oneplus users :( )
    i have been using snapchat for over a week now without ban while having magisk. it was on my old account witch had in the past a 7 day ban. Now i will try using it on my main, will see what happens.
    So here is what i did:
    -flashed clean os and wiped device.
    -set it up, install snapchat, (never launched after installation)
    -cloned it using parallel aps which is a feature of oxygen os
    -logged in to the cloned app(again, never opened the normal one)
    -installed twrp
    -flashed magisk(and some other irrelevant stuff)
    -booted to os and as quick as possible force stopped both snapchats(the cloned one first since that's the one i care more)
    -opened magisk app and repackaged it with random name(you can find this in options)
    -never enabled magisk hide(i think that might have something to do with it since on my old nexus phone i had it disabled for a while after first install and was fine but then enabled it and got banned the next day)
    -and then started using phone normally. And here i am after using it for a week with no ban
    Why i think it worked and some more thoughts:
    So first some observations: Snapchat can see su binary from the paralel apps since it can be seen basically from everywhere, also it can see internal storage but that's probably because /sdcard/ is a link that eventually leads to /data/media/0 (the "parallel aps storage" is /data/media/999" also it looks like it's encrypted differently since twrp can't decrypt it but when the os is up both are encrypted and both user 0 and 999 have full access to one another). Snapchat cant detect other apps installed since for example when it checks if there is bitmoji app installed (and there is) it can't find it and opens google play. I've tried pretty much the same stuff but with magisk hide enabled and got banned next day so maybe since snapchat cant see the app itself it was actually detecting one of the hiding methods.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone