Snapchat Login "Temporarily" Failing

Search This thread

JHEJL10

Sep 18, 2012
Ever since I unlocked the bootloader on my nexus 6p and installed a custom ROM, I haven't been able to login to snapchat. It keeps saying "Oh no! Your login temporary failed. Please try again later". I thought this was a snapchat problem and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, tried different snapchat app versions, and even reset my password. No luck. I thought my snapchat account was locked, until I used my sister's iPhone and it logged in with no problems.

Does anyone have any advice or solutions? Could this possibly be a snapchat security issue because my nexus 6p is unlocked/rooted?

Tehpdub

Dec 1, 2013
There was something about how snapchat is check for root now. I have mine rooted and it still works. Im really not sure whats going on.

vaibhav.ravi

Dec 9, 2013
Seattle, WA
Just like @Novek mentioned, remove Xposed if you have it using Xposed uninstaller and then reinstall Snapchat from the Play Store. You should be able to log in now. Then once login is successful reinstall Xposed. Apparently Snapchat only checks for root/Xposed when logging in for the first time. Worked for me just this morning with cyanogenmod 13 and latest Snapchat beta from the Play Store.

miftar

Jun 27, 2016
just watch this and follow his steps

Ever since I unlocked the bootloader on my nexus 6p and installed a custom ROM, I haven't been able to login to snapchat. It keeps saying "Oh no! Your login temporary failed. Please try again later". I thought this was a snapchat problem and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, tried different snapchat app versions, and even reset my password. No luck. I thought my snapchat account was locked, until I used my sister's iPhone and it logged in with no problems.

Does anyone have any advice or solutions? Could this possibly be a snapchat security issue because my nexus 6p is unlocked/rooted?

How to fix Snapchat login temporarily failed for android devices rooted just type in youtube "How to fix snapchat login temporarily failed for android (ROOT)" it's a video posted in 25.06.2016 just follow my steps. Xda forum wont let insert links because i just opened this account[/YOUTUBE]
This will fix that snapchat problem if you have rooted divece. Subscribe and like it please!

Last edited:

mrBira

Oct 27, 2010
1.) Uninstall xposed and snapchat
2.) Once booted back, install the snapchat version you like and login
3.) Install xposed again (and stay logged-in!)

It has nothing to do with root - snapchat checks för xposed

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

devinthedude81

Jul 30, 2013
I just received my 6P yesterday. I'm on 7.0 and rooted it right away. I'm now too having this snapchat login issue. However, if I'm not mistaken (I'm a noob, forgive me), 7.0 doesn't even have Xposed. If Xposed is supposedly causing the snapchat issue, how come I can't log in? I don't even have Xposed on my phone to delete. Please help!

Reactions: Kaherdin

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I just received my 6P yesterday. I'm on 7.0 and rooted it right away. I'm now too having this snapchat login issue. However, if I'm not mistaken (I'm a noob, forgive me), 7.0 doesn't even have Xposed. If Xposed is supposedly causing the snapchat issue, how come I can't log in? I don't even have Xposed on my phone to delete. Please help!

Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unroot, login to SnapChat, then root. I don't use the app so that's all I can offer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Falitheman

Nov 27, 2015

The latest update to safetynet also now checks for magisk. So if you have magisk v7 or really any other version, uninstall that, login and then reinstall if you want to. I had the same problem before but its all good now.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Unroot, login to SnapChat, then root. I don't use the app so that's all I can offer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

root doesn't effect snapchat in any way. I've been rooted forever and the only times ive ever encountered problems logging in is when i had xposed or magisk.

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
The latest update to safetynet also now checks for magisk. So if you have magisk v7 or really any other version, uninstall that, login and then reinstall if you want to. I had the same problem before but its all good now.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

root doesn't effect snapchat in any way. I've been rooted forever and the only times ive ever encountered problems logging in is when i had xposed or magisk.

It is root. Like the other guy said, Snapchat uses Safetynet now (same checks AndroidPay uses). You can use Suhide. That's what I did.

New Rising

Jan 3, 2013
So I unrooted using the SuperSU app logged into Snapchat then flashed SuperSU again and I'm good now. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's what worked for me. There was a step not listed above that confused me a little, so I'm including it in this post. Also, I didn't need to uninstall and reinstall Snapchat.

1. Launch the SuperSU app.
    2. Go to the "Settings" tab.
    3. Select the "Full unroot" option (near the bottom under "Cleanup").
    4. Select "Continue" when it asks if you know what you're doing.
    5. Select "No" when it asks whether to restore boot.img.
    6. Reboot (it should reboot automatically anyway).
    7. Launch the Snapchat app.
    8. Login to Snapchat.
    9. Do a little victory dance.
    10. Reboot into recovery.
    11. Flash/install SuperSU.
    12. Reboot into system (normal boot).

I have a Nexus 6, not a Nexus 6P, but I doubt that makes a difference.
    Here it was fixed with xposed uninstaller, then log in, and reinstall xposed.
    I would recommend uninstalling Snapchat, disable "Enable Superuser," reinstall Snapchat, login, then re-enable Superuser. Let me know if it works out!
    Thanks for the shout, had actually already tried that, and unfortunately it doesn't. Same result with "temporarily failed login". Just won't log in.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Thanks for the shout, had actually already tried that, and unfortunately it doesn't. Same result with "temporarily failed login". Just won't log in.

Alright, figured it out:

First make a nandroid if anything happens (remove any security pattern).

Have SnapChat NOT installed on your phone.

Go into SuperSU and "completely unroot" and reboot.

Install SnapChat - you can now log in.

Reboot into recovery and re-flash SuperSU.

I now am both logged into SnapChat and SuperSU
    I'm running 7.1.1 Dev. preview 2 with supersu beta SR4 (About to upgrade to SR5). If your running a version under Nougat with xposed, you do need to remove xposed first. But on nougat, which doesn't have xposed support yet, I have the same problem because of root. However, I don't need to unroot. For me (and I don't know if this'll work on a custom rom, but I imagine it would work the same if it's based off of the dev preview) I just go into SuperSU and select "Temporary Unroot". Then I sign into snapchat and then uncheck it, and it's all good. There hasn't been a need to fully unroot for me