General Snapdragon 888 vs Exynos 2100 after latest updates

Search This thread

Goku1992

• Feb 29, 2016
    Dortmund
    Guys im one of the people that hated the last exynos phones... Had the note 20 ultra and it was bad cause of the exynos (always warm, bad battery, bad signal...) a friend of Mine had tge s20 ultra and sold it cause of bad battery and heating. I gave Samsung another chance cause of the fast Updates and the s21 ultra is nice... Fast and very good battery... Nothing bad to say about it ill now.... The snapdragon is a bit better in terms of gpu power and camera yes but all in one the exynos is okay this time (atleast for me!)

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
    Beirut
    From what Anandtech said the snapdragon wins in the ultra wide camera, just a hairline better with the standard camera but with telephoto it's the exynos that performs a bit better. As I will use more zoom than ultrawide, the exynos is a good choice.
    As for performance yes the 888 is faster but for the first time the difference is very slight, so in everyday usage you won't notice it. mrwhotheboss is the kind of dude who will always bash exynos because he believes that samsung should forget about this cpu and only give us snapdragon.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
    England
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    That's allright ,
    But imo apple is from day 1 producing good chips and their optimization is top notch ,
    And samsung in US is just offering Snapdragon .
    That's the main reason people are not complaining about both , and they don't care what are the specs in their phone .

Also US is a relatively cold area so not much is going around throttling issues .

I live in india where highest temps reach 45°C , where the real problem of thermal throttling arise .

So I care much about these things .

Top notch? Check the issues with the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The cooling solution is shocking.

rattle$nake

May 1, 2012
    Guys, I'm planning to get the S21 Ultra but unfortunately, here in India only the Exynos 2100 version is available. So I was thinking of asking my friend who is in dubai currently on official visit. Initially, when I researched on the variant available in UAE, the official version is E2100 but when my friend enquired in some local shops he spotted the SD888 version but the model no is SM-G9980. So now I'm in a dilemma on whether to get the official E2100 model or the SD888 SM-G9980. Please advise.

Quick question on the SD888 SM-G9980 model:
    Will it have physical dual sim slots?
    Will google apps and play store work in India on that model as it will have chinese firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    Guys, I'm planning to get the S21 Ultra but unfortunately, here in India only the Exynos 2100 version is available. So I was thinking of asking my friend who is in dubai currently on official visit. Initially, when I researched on the variant available in UAE, the official version is E2100 but when my friend enquired in some local shops he spotted the SD888 version but the model no is SM-G9980. So now I'm in a dilemma on whether to get the official E2100 model or the SD888 SM-G9980. Please advise.

Will google apps and play store work in India on that model as it will have chinese firmware?

Thanks in advance.
    Dual sim available yes.
    Google apps and store has nothing to do with variant.
    But u need to check with ur carriers if the frequency is supported with wat come in the Chinese ver.
    Also i tested the 9980 it only supported 5g on sim number 2 which is weird.
    Ofc you get no warranty if you get any in india.

aj7400

• May 25, 2013
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Thanks in advance.
    I am from india as well , i was in a dilemma too from last 1 week , but finally after researching for like 3 hours daily , comparing sd888 and exynos 2100 , reading reviews , talking to people on xda ,
    I have finally bought the indian variant .

Exynos might be like 2% slower ,but samsung is pushing updates like crazy and i hope it will beat sd888 this time , because this time sd888 is made by samsung itself , and samsung knows what needs to be done .

Moreover buying from dubai , you will lose warranty and there might be problem in airtel/jio compatibility as well .

I paid Rs 86000 nett nett in cash for 12/256 gb and guess what i am getting a watch active 2 free at just Rs 990 in offer .
    Today 31st march is last day for the offer .

Go buy quickly

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
    Meaux
    I know there are already a few threads for the same discussion ,
    But I am making this thread for a healthy discussion on what's better between Snapdragon 888 and Exynos 2100 after the latest software updates for both models .

There are youtube reviews that are contradictory to each other

1) Mrwhosetheboss says Snapdragon is way better and Exynos is heating like crazy.
    Also in camera sd>exynos

2) The tech chap on the other hand says Exynos to be faster and cooler .

Let's discuss
    hi, how can we trust that ...?
    i compared 12 pro max , s21 ultra sd and exy and s20 u exy and i don't having the same results strange....??
    when in the video you can see strange settings like that...game over

Attachments

• wuiszeboss.JPG
      wuiszeboss.JPG
      121 KB · Views: 144

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    i compared 12 pro max , s21 ultra sd and exy and s20 u exy and i don't having the same results strange....??
    Huh?

What exactly are you referring to mate?
    The 2 circled settings are both present in both variants, on of the phones he opened and used it and the other did not, that's why it's red and the other not.

Guys we need to chill on this E vs SD thing, it's becoming annoying and irrelevant. It's the same exact phone but different soc no extra settings for some and less for us, NO.

I'm fine with whoever finds something new but try to be more specific and more detailed also more certain of wat you post.

if you want it, get it.

aj7400

• May 25, 2013
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    The yellow dot refers to a new setting , ie a setting that the phone is telling him to open and check ( happens with a new feature )

UNIK97122

Apr 10, 2020
    Meaux
    The yellow dot refers to a new setting , ie a setting that the phone is telling him to open and check ( happens with a new feature )
    I know how this settings works but you feel normal that scène optimizer is off on exynos ? I tested both sd and ex and i had differents results from him in all cases, so i can trust any vidéos if the setting are not the same...don't you agree ??

eldrid

Jul 17, 2006
    London
    www.messaggio.in

Thanks in advance.
    Get the Indian variant. The differences between the SD and E2100 this time around are not that much and do not warrant the risk you are taking. Should anything go wrong with your phone the SD variant will not be covered under warranty. Not just that from what I have read on these forums even part numbers for things like the screen are different so if you accidentally crack your screen samsung in India will refuse to repair it even if you are willing to pay. You will be stuck with a very expensive brick if anything goes wrong.

Reactions: Gzoom82
    S21 ultra 256GB (Exynos)
    Build Number AUC8

Ok ... so something's going on ...
    My geekbench and 3dmark scores are significantly higher now with the latest update

Single Multi
    Was 977 2797

Now 1031 3197

3dmark Wildlife now 5194, don't have history of before but i'm pretty sure i was in the 3000's range
    Antutu (v9) gave me: 649812 which is definitely better and i started that one straight after 3dmark so was already hot. I know i got in the 610k range before

I ran these all pretty much back-to-back so not much CPU cooldown time between.

Same w/ geekbench - these are nearer SD888 scores now
    Odd thing is though, that a game i play regularly feel more jerky now than it did before
    Very strange

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-114759_AnTuTu Benchmark.png
      Screenshot_20210331-114759_AnTuTu Benchmark.png
      155.1 KB · Views: 100
    • Screenshot_20210331-115058_Geekbench 5.png
      Screenshot_20210331-115058_Geekbench 5.png
      66.3 KB · Views: 96
    • Screenshot_20210331-115039_3DMark.png
      Screenshot_20210331-115039_3DMark.png
      471.7 KB · Views: 99

mtm1401

Apr 10, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    S21 ultra 256GB (Exynos)
    Build Number AUC8

Ok ... so something's going on ...
    My geekbench and 3dmark scores are significantly higher now with the latest update

Single Multi
    Was 977 2797

Now 1031 3197

3dmark Wildlife now 5194, don't have history of before but i'm pretty sure i was in the 3000's range
    Antutu (v9) gave me: 649812 which is definitely better and i started that one straight after 3dmark so was already hot. I know i got in the 610k range before

I ran these all pretty much back-to-back so not much CPU cooldown time between.

Same w/ geekbench - these are nearer SD888 scores now
    Odd thing is though, that a game i play regularly feel more jerky now than it did before
    Very strange
    Interesting, I feel that my scores have got worse.

I was round 3500 on geekbench but now 3200
    My 3d mark is roughly the same, but the stress test performance is slightly worse

ignore what i said, score is the same when device is cool

Last edited:

rattle$nake

May 1, 2012
    I am from india as well , i was in a dilemma too from last 1 week , but finally after researching for like 3 hours daily , comparing sd888 and exynos 2100 , reading reviews , talking to people on xda ,
    I have finally bought the indian variant .

Exynos might be like 2% slower ,but samsung is pushing updates like crazy and i hope it will beat sd888 this time , because this time sd888 is made by samsung itself , and samsung knows what needs to be done .

Moreover buying from dubai , you will lose warranty and there might be problem in airtel/jio compatibility as well .

I paid Rs 86000 nett nett in cash for 12/256 gb and guess what i am getting a watch active 2 free at just Rs 990 in offer .
    Today 31st march is last day for the offer .

Go buy quickly
    Bro, from where did you get S21 ultra for 86000 as on Amazon and Samsung India website the price for 12/256 variant is showing as 105999...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      General announcement
      Versus threads have a tendency to sometime bring out bad sides of people... I've had to spend a few minutes cleaning up the thread, since language and temper was getting a bit out of hand.

Keep things civil and respectful, and there's no need for profanities or name-calling. Simple as that...

If anyone has anything to add, or any questions, my conversation inbox is always open.

Have a good day everybody.
      Didgeridoohan
      Forum Moderator/Developer Relations
      Xiaomi and oneplus are always better in Benchmark. But i think in daily use galaxy phones are more stable .
      S21u with snapdragon 888 has almost same Performance as Exynos 2100.
      Both oneplus and xiaomi are going to 45°c or even higher .
      Whereas samsungs stays cool at 40°c.

Moreover both processors are made by samsung this time around ,
      So tbh samsung is reducing the benchmarks results of sd888 , so that people dont complain .

In general sd888 is scoring better in both geekbench and antutu as compared to e2100
      Photos are better on exynos and low-light videos are better on snapdragon.
      With video for the main lens, I actually prefer Exynos now (in following video, you can see SD is more noisy, and more micro-jitters). For ultra-wide, SD still comfortably ahead though:
      I don't know how anyone would bother getting the Exynos. It's trash. I went straight for the snapdragon and couldn't be happier.

Maybe because China and USA are not the whole world.
      I know there are already a few threads for the same discussion ,
      But I am making this thread for a healthy discussion on what's better between Snapdragon 888 and Exynos 2100 after the latest software updates for both models .

There are youtube reviews that are contradictory to each other

1) Mrwhosetheboss says Snapdragon is way better and Exynos is heating like crazy.
      Also in camera sd>exynos

2) The tech chap on the other hand says Exynos to be faster and cooler .

Let's discuss

After my experience with the Exynos, I'm far more inclined to believe the Tech Chap. I've had no issues with thermal throttling, and my phone sits most of the time at between 28 and 32 degrees when being used under normal circumstances (browsing, light camera use etc). I've also run the benchmarks he ran and got pretty much the same results. I'm very happy with it.

I strongly suspect that boss geezer just had bad luck and picked up an Exynos model with a bad SOC. The difference between the two is he didn't buy another to rule that out.
      Xiaomi and oneplus are always better in Benchmark. But i think in daily use galaxy phones are more stable .
      S21u with snapdragon 888 has almost same Performance as Exynos 2100.
      Both oneplus and xiaomi are going to 45°c or even higher .
      Whereas samsungs stays cool at 40°c.

Moreover both processors are made by samsung this time around ,
      So tbh samsung is reducing the benchmarks results of sd888 , so that people dont complain .

In general sd888 is scoring better in both geekbench and antutu as compared to e2100
      General announcement
      Versus threads have a tendency to sometime bring out bad sides of people... I've had to spend a few minutes cleaning up the thread, since language and temper was getting a bit out of hand.

Keep things civil and respectful, and there's no need for profanities or name-calling. Simple as that...

If anyone has anything to add, or any questions, my conversation inbox is always open.

Have a good day everybody.
      Didgeridoohan
      Forum Moderator/Developer Relations
      I seriously have a feeling that both versions of the phone are nearly identical in performance and camera quality. The primary reason why we see so many threads regarding heat issues, app crash issues or battery issues are not necessarily due to the versions of the phone that are being used (Exynos or Snapdragon)... But instead, I think that this is mainly due to the fact that a lot of Samsung's phone sales are to people who aren't very tech friendly....at all...

I mean, think of Apple's iPhone market. What percentage of their customers are tech geniuses who know everything about complete device care and optimization? I'd say, near me in the US, maybe about 3-5% of their customers... And with that said, you have to keep in mind that Samsung is the most Apple equivalent company in sales numbers for Android devices in the US. So probably only about 1-2% of their phone customers actually know what the heck they're doing.

So (internally thought lol) truth be told, I don't think one variant is better than the other. I just think that we need to keep in mind the fact that the Samsung phone market is packed to the gills with customers who don't know much at all regarding the technology that's used or how it works/can be optimized or made better.

Side note: this was a long comment, so my apologies.
      That's allright ,
      But imo apple is from day 1 producing good chips and their optimization is top notch ,
      And samsung in US is just offering Snapdragon .
      That's the main reason people are not complaining about both , and they don't care what are the specs in their phone .

Also US is a relatively cold area so not much is going around throttling issues .

I live in india where highest temps reach 45°C , where the real problem of thermal throttling arise .

So I care much about these things .
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone