Snapdragon camera!!

Search This thread

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
In less than a decade the cameras in our smartphones have become so advanced that many people choose not to buy traditional cameras at all. Of course, people still want high-quality images. These days nobody wants to settle for less than great. Neither do we.
So Here is the new Snapdragon Camera v2

Features: To Know about features visit*
https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapd...a-features-add-dslr-effects-your-mobile-phone

Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347804681

Guys this camera app is probably the best camera you can use for the g2! I'm currently using it on the dirty unicorns rom and used it as well on inazuma rom and the quality is absolutely fabulous especially with chromaflash!

Just wanted to share and see what your thoughts are as well

Method: Thanx to 60nine

(using ES file explorer)
1. extract the zip to sd card somewhere
2. under "system/priv-app" > create a folder called "SnapdragonCamera"
3. give the folder "drwxr-xr-x" permissions
4. copy "SnapdragonCamera2.apk" to that folder and give it "-rw-r--r--" permissions
5. copy the "lib" folder (from the zip you've extracted) to "SnapdragonCamera" folder and give it the same permissions as the parent folder has ("drwxr-xr-x")
6. inside the "lib" folder there is also "arm" folder (give it the same "drwxr-xr-x" permissions)
7. inside that "arm" folder there are two ".so" files - give them "-rw-r--r--" permissions
8. reboot

Method 2:
1: Flash through twrp
2: extract zip file and install apk manually in the system > private app folder
3: No need for applying permissions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/flashable-snapdragon-camera-v2-t3189685

Thanx to @wulsic for providing us an easier zip file!
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086999942

Sent from my Unicorn Powered G2

Last edited:

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
when you post something like this - include all the info from the original thread

such as
this app is designed for phones running. caf based kernels

that means it's for AOSP roms... and it probabbly won't work on stock based roms, cloudy/somboons roms etc...

No problem but like I said I've tried it on inazuma rom and it works perfectly but who gives a **** right? All I wanted is to show you ppl something different that works flawless on the lg g2 no matter which rom

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
No problem but like I said I've tried it on inazuma rom and it works perfectly but who gives a **** right? All I wanted is to show you ppl something different that works flawless on the lg g2 no matter which rom

i've just tried to flash both original zip from the thread and resigned one - none of them works in stock 30f LG G2 rom by somboons... (it flashed through twrp, but they don't exist in the rom)

have you flashed the zip through twrp or copied files directly from the zip (+changing permissions)

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
i've just tried to flash both original zip from the thread and resigned one - none of them works in stock 30f LG G2 rom by somboons... (it flashed through twrp, but they don't exist in the rom)

have you flashed the zip through twrp or copied files directly from the zip (+changing permissions)

After flashing through twrp Open the zip file go to system than private-app and install the apk manually it should work

Last edited:

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
ok... i did it this way (using ES file explorer)
4. copy "SnapdragonCamera2.apk" to that folder and give it "-rw-r--r--" permissions
5. copy the "lib" folder (from the zip you've extracted) to "SnapdragonCamera" folder and give it the same permissions as the parent folder has ("drwxr-xr-x")
6. inside the "lib" folder there is also "arm" folder (give it the same "drwxr-xr-x" permissions)
7. inside that "arm" folder there are two ".so" files - give them "-rw-r--r--" permissions
8. reboot

i have to say it's a nice camera and i've used quite a few camera apps so far...

at the first glance - photo quality is the same as with the xdabbeb camera, but i like the UI better...

my device details:
- LG G2 (d802) running somboons stock 30f lollipop rom
- dorimanx kernel (v5.9.2 latest)
- xdabbeb camera and advanced drivers installed

Last edited:

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
ok... i did it this way (using ES file explorer)
8. reboot

i have to say it's a nice camera and i've used a quite a few camera apps so far...

at the first glance - photo quality is the same as with the xdabbeb camera, but i like the UI better...

my device details:
- LG G2 (d802) running somboons stock 30f lollipop rom
- dorimanx kernel (v5.9.2 latest)
- xdabbeb camera and advanced drivers installed

Can I add this method on the first post?

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012
sure you can... it worked on my device, i think it would work on others too (at least on stock/cloudy/somboons roms - i don't know for aosp because i never used one on G2)

Thanx!! Works great on dirty unicorns so I think it should work on the rest

Reactions: 60nine

Peppe91

Feb 8, 2013
Palermo
What about platform. xml? installed manually the apk obviously with right permissions and all it's fine.. I was wondering if we should copy the platform.xml file in etc folder. I'm on 30b stock lp

Inviato dal mio LG-D802

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
i've edited my post which had those red letters so it doesn't confuse people... @Supracer - you can edit your quoted one too :D
@xdabbeb my friend - did you see this app? it looks promising...

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

What about platform. xml? installed manually the apk obviously with right permissions and all it's fine.. I was wondering if we should copy the platform.xml file in etc folder. I'm on 30b stock lp

where did you find that xml file? is this xml used for flashing through twrp method?

Reactions: Supracer

Peppe91

Feb 8, 2013
Palermo
Found it in system folder, exactly here :
bcf049df7d3d5f11610c263d7375c3d0.jpg

Inviato dal mio LG-D802

LilProphet

Dec 8, 2011
Szentendre
www.revertbnation.com
Interesting bug - the app makes it look like my display has subpixel errors, not even one, check the circled parts (plus another red one on the upper left side.. they can be seen when zoomed in). I was scared when I looked at it, but there's nothing wrong with my display, not even in the stock camera app. Has anyone else noticed this?
QuickMemo__2015-09-30-00-56-28_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
yep, it looks like you have dead pixels, but you don't...
it's visible only on screenshots and while taking a picture...

unfortunately - screenshots are too small, so the bug is not visible

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443568167054.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443568167054.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,938

Supracer

Feb 25, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In less than a decade the cameras in our smartphones have become so advanced that many people choose not to buy traditional cameras at all. Of course, people still want high-quality images. These days nobody wants to settle for less than great. Neither do we.
    So Here is the new Snapdragon Camera v2

Features: To Know about features visit*
    https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapd...a-features-add-dslr-effects-your-mobile-phone

Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347804681

Guys this camera app is probably the best camera you can use for the g2! I'm currently using it on the dirty unicorns rom and used it as well on inazuma rom and the quality is absolutely fabulous especially with chromaflash!

Just wanted to share and see what your thoughts are as well

Method: Thanx to 60nine

(using ES file explorer)
    8. reboot

Method 2:
    1: Flash through twrp
    2: extract zip file and install apk manually in the system > private app folder
    3: No need for applying permissions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/flashable-snapdragon-camera-v2-t3189685

Thanx to @wulsic for providing us an easier zip file!

@Supracer can you add my zip to your op?

I am surprised that the flashable zip version isn't modified for the G2 that's why people who are trying to flash it it just doesn't work. No need for all the Difficult permission stuff.
    First mistake in the zip was the mount point:
    Code:
    /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system  
    which should have been:
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
    and another mistake was that the folder was named snapragon camera with spaces between the folders name and yeah the name itself wasn't good either as it should've been SnapdragonCamera.

That's why I edited the zip for you guys so you could flash it without probs. I only changed the zip file's name but I left the credit thing in the updater-script as I won't be touching that.
    Here it is:

Hope that this saves you users a hope misery, enjoy :)

Edit:
    OP could you also update the features link so that it works to the complete link:
    Here is version 2.1 for MM. This works for me on all 6.0.1 ROM´s that i´ve tested (CM, CrDroid, MoKee, RR)

Have fun :) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087015343
    @xdabbeb my friend - did you see this app? it looks promising...

Hey dude...No, I hadn't, but will do so. If the source is available it would be even better.

EDIT: Found it
    delete... (new info added to the OP)