• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SNAPDRAGON][EXYNOS] ViPER4Android [ZIP][FLASHABLE]

Does it work?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
Disclaimer: I will take no responsibility if flashing this zip somehow causes you to go deaf, scares your cat, receiving of noise complaints from your neighbors, development of anti-social behavior, getting hit by a bus, a twerking grandmother, broken windows and/or any other imaginable royally screwed possibility.

Q: Will this work on other Samsung devices?
A: Maybe, I see no reason for it not to work on the S8 or S8+. Feel free to test it out and report back.

Credits: @zhuhang for ViPER4Android FX & XHiFI.
@partcyborg, @me2151, and @elliwigy for hooking us up with root.

Features: Systemwide ViPER4Android FX 2.3.4.0 (higher audio processing than newer versions) and ViPER4Android XHiFi.

Installation steps (make sure to read these before downloading the ZIP):
1) Make sure you're rooted.
2) Download either FlashFire (Snapdragon - thank you, @Chainfire) or install TWRP (Exynos).
3) Install BusyBox, to /system/xbin (otherwise, XHiFi will not work, only FX will).
4) Get Titanium Backup, ROM Toolbox PRO, or any similar application.
6) Freeze "Adapt Sound" and "SoundAlive".
5) Flash the attached zip.
6) Grant root permissions to both FX and XHiFi (you might have to uninstall the FX driver within the in-app settings to trigger this, if so, simply reflash the ZIP after having done so and reboot).
7) Reread step six.
8) Profit & enjoy.

Attachments

• ViPER4Android.zip
    10 MB · Views: 7,032
Last edited:

xxx42069

Oct 23, 2014
Disclaimer: I will take no responsibility if flashing this zip somehow causes you to go deaf, scares your cat, receiving of noise complaints from your neighbors, development of anti-social behavior, getting hit by a bus, a twerking grandmother, broken windows and/or any other imaginable royally screwed possibility.

A: Maybe, I see no reason for it not to work on the S8 or S8+. Feel free to test it out and report back.

Features: Systemwide ViPER4Android FX 2.3.4.0 (higher audio processing than newer versions) and ViPER4Android XHiFi.

2) Download either FlashFire (Snapdragon - thank you, @Chainfire) or install TWRP (Exynos).
3) Install BusyBox, to /system/xbin (otherwise, XHiFi will not work, only FX will).
6) Grant root permissions to both FX and XHiFi (you might have to uninstall the FX driver within the in-app settings to trigger this, if so, simply reflash the ZIP after having done so and reboot).
7) Reread step six.
8) Profit & enjoy.
Won't installing busybox to system/xbin trip up safety net flagging your device as tampered/rooted? Also, if you have magisk, can't you just install the v4a module right from within magisk? I don't see the point in going through all these extra steps and flagging your device in safety net when you can just install the v4a magisk module. Not trying to be a ****, asking honest questions.

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
Won't installing busybox to system/xbin trip up safety net flagging your device as tampered/rooted? Also, if you have magisk, can't you just install the v4a module right from within magisk? I don't see the point in going through all these extra steps and flagging your device in safety net when you can just install the v4a magisk module. Not trying to be a ****, asking honest questions.
If you have a Snapdragon device, SafetyNet is already tripped due to the nature of the rooting process.

But if you have an Exynos device, by all means, use the Magisk module. This ZIP was intended for the Snapdragon variant (since that's what I have), but works on Exynos variants as well.

Reactions: iunlock

lilviet93

Oct 22, 2011
Was anyone able to install busybox and viper4android after getting rooted? I tried flashing the viper4android zip using flashfire but it doesn't seem to do anything and busybox installer will not install to any system location. Thanks in advance. Also, I have the snapdragon version and rooted using samfail.

mister_propa

Nov 26, 2015
Bronx
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Was anyone able to install busybox and viper4android after getting rooted? I tried flashing the viper4android zip using flashfire but it doesn't seem to do anything and busybox installer will not install to any system location. Thanks in advance. Also, I have the snapdragon version and rooted using samfail.

same problem with me i flashed it n nothing happened..also u need to use busybox root it's the red icon version u probably using the old gray busybox

Reactions: lilviet93

lilviet93

Oct 22, 2011
same problem with me i flashed it n nothing happened..also u need to use busybox root it's the red icon version u probably using the old gray busybox

Yeah, I used the old busybody version. I just went back to stock after a few hours of messing around with no results. My main reason for root and accepting the 80% battery limit is viper but since I can't get it working I went back to stock for now. Will try again once there is more development. Let me know if you do get it working.

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
i flashed it n nuthin,i cant even find the in-app u wrote about
When you guys flashed it with Flashfire, which options did you enable/disable? Mind taking a screenshot of the preflash stage for me? Do you see the Flashfire installation screen? You should be able to see the ZIP flash progress script.
As for those having problems with installing BusyBox, if you're using Stericson's, you have to manually grant the storage permission.

lilviet93

Oct 22, 2011
When you guys flashed it with Flashfire, which options did you enable/disable? Mind taking a screenshot of the preflash stage for me? Do you see the Flashfire installation screen? You should be able to see the ZIP flash progress script.
As for those having problems with installing BusyBox, if you're using Stericson's, you have to manually grant the storage permission.

Just select the zip and start the flashing process. It went black then the flashfire process starts then phone reboots but no sign of the viper app anywhere. How do I manually grant permission? What is the best way to install busybox?

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
Just select the zip and start the flashing process. It went black then the flashfire process starts then phone reboots but no sign of the viper app anywhere. How do I manually grant permission? What is the best way to install busybox?
I personally used BusyBox Pro by Stericson (he's an amazing developer), but I did have to manually grant the storage permission first by going to: App info > Permissions > Storage (toggle it on).
If this doesn't work, use BusyBox Installer (warning: it's riddled with ads).
As for Flashfire, try enabling the "mount system read/write" option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171011-023649.jpg
    Screenshot_20171011-023649.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 2,505
  • Screenshot_20171011-023846.jpg
    Screenshot_20171011-023846.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 2,511
  • Screenshot_20171011-023828.jpg
    Screenshot_20171011-023828.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 2,508
Last edited:

kidbranz01

Oct 11, 2017
I personally used BusyBox Pro by Stericson (he's an amazing developer), but I did have to manually grant the storage permission first by going to: App info > Permissions > Storage (toggle it on).
If this doesn't work, use BusyBox Installer (warning:it's riddled with ads).
Thank you for your help bro. I did what you said, busybox installed successfully. But after flashing with flashfire, even when checking mount, there's still no sign of viper after reboot

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
Thank you for your help bro. I did what you said, busybox installed successfully. But after flashing with flashfire, even when checking mount, there's still no sign of viper after reboot

That is the strangest thing, I can't imagine why the ViPER apps wouldn't show up. The only thing that comes to mind is... If you ran the fsck script after rooting, did you?

cpgoodson2004

Aug 29, 2014

I had the same issue, but then in FlashFire, under settings I disabled Emulate framebuffer.. Now Viper4android is installed and working.

Reactions: kirschdog1

bagery77

Dec 7, 2009
Does anyone on Snapdragon have this and FM Radio working together? Unfortunately, I'm finding I can't run both. I don't know if it's my Viper settings or what. Any input would be appreciated as I don't want to have to choose between the two features if I don't have to

Reactions: truantAndragogy

Smacksmack206

Aug 11, 2016
Seattle
For those who had trouble on snapdragon try using latest Sam fail v2 if possible it works perfect on here if you follow directions. Few key things, disable emulate framebuffer in flashfire and when flashing enable mount read and write system, also make sure you install drivers in both v4a apps to enable root as root access is need for v4a to work properly after unistalling drivers and granting root reflash zip in flashfire to restore drivers and profit

jomolocco

Dec 22, 2016
Ankara
I have problem with viper4android hifi can't read root access

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180112-041732.jpg
    Screenshot_20180112-041732.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 384

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

7) Reread step six.
    8) Profit & enjoy.
    If this doesn't work, use BusyBox Installer (warning: it's riddled with ads).
    If you have a Snapdragon device, SafetyNet is already tripped due to the nature of the rooting process.

But if you have an Exynos device, by all means, use the Magisk module. This ZIP was intended for the Snapdragon variant (since that's what I have), but works on Exynos variants as well.

I had the same issue, but then in FlashFire, under settings I disabled Emulate framebuffer.. Now Viper4android is installed and working.