Snapdragon Galaxy S7/S7E Nougat Root

Search This thread

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Works great!

I just want to confirm that I have successfully rooted my T-Mobile Galaxy S7 (snapdragon) running 7.0 using this procedure.

.​

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Does anyone know how to return my Snapdragon S7 to stock (6.0.1) after upgrading to this ROM?

I tried to do so using the "Return to Stock" method here:
https://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-s7/how-to/how-to-notes-root-install-xposed-unroot-t3411039

However, it failed in Odin.

I fixed this issue. It was due to the fact that the "Return to Stock" instructions in the thread I mentioned above suggested a stock ROM with a level "3" bootloader. This rooted Nougat ROM uses a level "4" bootloader, and the downgrade to stock failed because bootloaders can't be replaced with earlier versions of them. I just used a newer version of the stock 6.0.1 ROM with a level "4" bootloader, and I was then able to return to stock.
.​

DGenerateKane

Oct 26, 2012
I fixed this issue. It was due to the fact that the "Return to Stock" instructions in the thread I mentioned above suggested a stock ROM with a level "3" bootloader. This rooted Nougat ROM uses a level "4" bootloader, and the downgrade to stock failed because bootloaders can't be replaced with earlier versions of them. I just used a newer version of the stock 6.0.1 ROM with a level "4" bootloader, and I was then able to return to stock.
.​

I'm currently trying to revert back to MM after Verizon's repair assistant installed N. How do I find the appropriate version? I really need to be able to install the ROM I was using prior to this.

DGenerateKane

Oct 26, 2012
Yeah. I was able to finally Odin back to MM, the instructions I followed were missing a step.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

gmcglone

May 5, 2017
Can anyone give me an idea on how this root performs?
Previously unrooted running MM because it was absolutely horrible.. battery drain, over heat, lag. Now I'm on Nougat and want to root but not if I have to deal with that bs again.

Top Liked Posts