• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Snapdragon S10+ Fingerprint fix-new OTA 1SD3 Live on Firmware.science

Search This thread

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
New update on Firmware.science SS-G975USQU1ASBA-to-U1ASD3-UP
This is a Snapdragon update. Must be on latest SBA firmware. Download, copy to SD card and power the phone down. After it's off, hold power, bixby and volume up until you see Samsung S10+ screen, or you can hold until you see the blue screen, then let go. Choose update from sd card and choose the dowloaded file you copied to SD card. It wont wipe on verizon for sure. Dont know about other carriers. On S9 the only carrier that got wiped with every update like this was ATT. All others were fine.

This made a HUGE improvement on fingerprints for me. I deleted all my saved and when i re-did them, it registered every touch with very little pressure for 4 fingers. (I do two for each thumb) I maybe got 3 errors saying press harder the whole setup. Before i had to press pretty hard. When unlocking it unlocked 10 out of 10 times and quicker than before. I haven't found a changelog so i'm not sure what else is in it. It is 536MB. Enjoy and please post what you find has changed. UPDATE: I stopped counting at 50.. but only 2 errors unlocking with 50+ tries.

Last edited:

johnwayne27

Jan 31, 2015
Confirmed!! What he says is 100%
Verizon SD here and fingerprint is short press now not hard pressure and is perfect. Download file, rename to Update.zip, put on sd card(root directory), choose reboot, hold down only boxby and vol up keys, go to update from sd card. Dont freak if it takes a while-expect 10 mins or so.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DanDroidOS

jeffrey1296

Mar 23, 2013
Galaxy s10+ sideload error

I get a cant mount sd eror while trying to press the update from sd card, what did i ever do wrong, it works normal when the phone is on, i got usb debugging on, but still got that error, any fix?

dxearner

Jul 16, 2010
That firmware build indicated that it was an update for t-mo build. This works across all the current SBA builds? Reason I am asking is my build is a bit different than the one listed on firmware.science

My build: G975U1UEU1ASBA (my device is carrier unlocked version ordered via samsung.com)

Firmware.science link shows G975USQU1ASBA -> U1ASD3

Further, if I go to the firmware.science homepage and manually enter my s10+ and model number, it just lists the early march update.

Last edited:

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
That firmware build indicated that it was an update for t-mo build. This works across all the current SBA builds? Reason I am asking is my build is a bit different than the one listed on firmware.science

My build: G975U1UEU1ASBA (my device is carrier unlocked version ordered via samsung.com)

Further, if I go to the firmware.science homepage and manually enter my s10+ and model number, it just lists the early march update.
This is not for unlocked version, unless you want to install the carrier firmware with bloat first and then update it. Otherwise wait for unlocked U1 to release something.

Reactions: dxearner

Outbreak444

Dec 16, 2013
Verizon SD here and fingerprint is short press now not hard pressure and is perfect. Download file, rename to Update.zip, put on sd card(root directory), choose reboot, hold down only boxby and vol up keys, go to update from sd card. Dont freak if it takes a while-expect 10 mins or so.
Did you lose any data? I have the 1TB Verizon version and have everything on my internal storage.

Also, does everything for Verizon still work? WiFi calling, etc.

rxil

Oct 9, 2009
Someone posted this in the forum

Attachments

• 20190402_183450.jpg
    20190402_183450.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 1,272

Outbreak444

Dec 16, 2013
It doesnt touch user data or carrier specific files...just updates the OS.
I see that now. I just finished flashing it, got too impatient. Lol

***Edit***
By the way, I have the Whitestone Dome installed, it's a significant improvement over what it was before. Almost as good, if not just as good, as the previous update with the stock screen protector installed!

Definitely worth flashing this!
Thanks @nugzo!

Last edited:
Reactions: nugzo

RobN17

Jun 23, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I was unable to use the file to update from the SD card. The update would error off after 2 seconds. I was able to get it to update using the ADB method with no issues. Everything works fine, no data loss and the FP is definitely more responsive. Verizon S10+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update on Firmware.science SS-G975USQU1ASBA-to-U1ASD3-UP
    This is a Snapdragon update. Must be on latest SBA firmware. Download, copy to SD card and power the phone down. After it's off, hold power, bixby and volume up until you see Samsung S10+ screen, or you can hold until you see the blue screen, then let go. Choose update from sd card and choose the dowloaded file you copied to SD card. It wont wipe on verizon for sure. Dont know about other carriers. On S9 the only carrier that got wiped with every update like this was ATT. All others were fine.

This made a HUGE improvement on fingerprints for me. I deleted all my saved and when i re-did them, it registered every touch with very little pressure for 4 fingers. (I do two for each thumb) I maybe got 3 errors saying press harder the whole setup. Before i had to press pretty hard. When unlocking it unlocked 10 out of 10 times and quicker than before. I haven't found a changelog so i'm not sure what else is in it. It is 536MB. Enjoy and please post what you find has changed. UPDATE: I stopped counting at 50.. but only 2 errors unlocking with 50+ tries.
    To make sure.
    If I have T-mobile branded s10+, and I install this firmware, will I still be able to get official T-Mobile OTA updates from then on?
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is not for unlocked version, unless you want to install the carrier firmware with bloat first and then update it. Otherwise wait for unlocked U1 to release something.
    It doesnt touch user data or carrier specific files...just updates the OS.
    I see that now. I just finished flashing it, got too impatient. Lol

***Edit***
    By the way, I have the Whitestone Dome installed, it's a significant improvement over what it was before. Almost as good, if not just as good, as the previous update with the stock screen protector installed!

Definitely worth flashing this!
    Thanks @nugzo!