SnapIntercept - Save all Snaps

Search This thread
Apr 6, 2012
hello all,

I have a Samsung Note 7, rooted, with updated SnapIntercept v1.0.23, and SnapChat v10.29.5.0.

I don't have a SnapIntercept folder on my external SD or the internal SD either.

I did notice, when I updated to the latest SnapIntercept from GitHub, instead of replacing the previous version of SnapIntercept, it added a new module called Intercept.

Seeing this, I removed the original module, leaving only the Intercept module.

What should I do at this point?

Thanks,
BG

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
OnePlus 7T
I did notice, when I updated to the latest SnapIntercept from GitHub, instead of replacing the previous version of SnapIntercept, it added a new module called Intercept.
It has been just "Intercept" for quite some time, and I'm pretty sure it has been that since the original dev handed the module over to other people to update, so technically it is no longer "SnapIntercept"

As far as I'm aware, everything still saves to a folder called "SnapIntercept" in the root of ur storage.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

ChavezD

Mar 28, 2011
Did you check, if the app has storage access? That was the point for me at least.
Settings - apps - intercept - app permissions - allow storage permission.

Apr 6, 2012
thanks for the suggestions.

I have made sure permission for storage was enabled. I have rebooted several times, and still no SnapIntercept folder on the device or the SD.

Other ideas?

Adam3Sixty

Apr 23, 2011
Exeter
linktr.ee
OnePlus 7T
First time ever today, Snapchat has started sending screen shot notifications. Maybe something to do with not being on the newest version?? Dunno. Seems to have been some more changes server side too, quick add bit in the middle of snaps list.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

Reactions: Treematlx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, forgive me if I'm not submitting this correctly - this is my first XDA post ever. I can't use DevDB since I don't yet have permissions?

This project originated from me attempting to update SnapPrefs for a newer Snapchat version. I grew frustrated with the amount of work it takes to migrate SnapPrefs to a new version of SnapChat. There is so much functionality built into SnapPref that it takes a serious amount of detective work to find new hook points and work around architecture changes every new Snapchat release.

I built this streamlined Xposed module with one primary purpose: intercept all incoming snaps and save them to external storage. Any additional functionality will be considered but my main goal is to keep a fast paced development cycle that would allow the module to keep up with new releases. I plan on keeping the project in sync within a couple of releases of the latest Snapchat version. This is only possible due to the streamlined functionality.

There are a couple of improvements that are likely sometime in the future:
    • Chat media is not currently saved
    • Group Snaps are not currently saved
    • There is no way to save Stories

There's also one more thing I added: If your phone has a front facing flash (such as the Moto X) this module will make Snapchat use it for front facing pictures when flash is enabled.

Github link: github.com/lithirium/SnapIntercept (Can't make it a link since I'm new here).

You can download this module in the Xposed Module Repository under the name "SnapIntercept".

August 15, 2017: New version has been posted that is compatible with version 10.15.0.0 of Snapchat.
    Updated to 10.17.5.0

Hey guys, I updated the module for Snapchat 10.17.5.0.
    Maybe last update from me? :p

You can grab the new release here:
    https://github.com/hashSnap/snapIntercept/releases/tag/1.0.7

Cheers.
    Updated for Snapchat 10.20.5.0

New release, for Snapchat 10.20.5.0:
    https://github.com/hashSnap/snapIntercept/releases/tag/1.0.13

You're keeping me alive man thank you for the constant updates!
    Have you got a Telegram group?

Nope, no telegram group. I don't think it's needed.

Hi guys. It's me again

The snapintercept folder is shown in my photo gallery.
    How can I hide it ? I already put a .NOMEDIA file in it but it will appears in my gallery...

Thanks

Try using a gallery which allows to hide folders, such as QuickPic.

I've grabbed an older version that still works with kitkat. It works with 10.19.0.0 , even after reboot still can't see images. I'll keep playing with it

I dropped KitKat support because it never really worked. Sorry guys, update your phone if you can.

To ALL:
    The aim of this module was to be simple and easy to update. And it will stay that way. If you want more features, there are other alternatives that you should look for.

Cheers.
    Hey, as OP seems to be AFK, I updated the module for the latest version of Snapchat, 10.16.5.0.

You can find the source code here:
    https://github.com/hashSnap/snapIntercept
    And the apk to download is here:
    https://github.com/hashSnap/snapIntercept/releases

It should be working fine but I didn't do much testing.
    Cheers.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone