{SneakPeek} official JellyBean for Xperia P (LT22i)

Status
Not open for further replies.

netho25

Mar 11, 2011
Veracruz,Mexico
DELETE...

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

The recent app layout in the screenshot is not the stock aosp one ...
It is more like the xperia smallapp one without the bottom bar. So is smallapp support still in development ...:confused:
That's exactly what I'm thinking and hoping!

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

M

maazdraco

If we have 3.0.8 kernel on 4.1 then can we get 4.2 by reverse engineering? Just wanna know if it is possible... :) #happyashell right now.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

ra3al

Oct 21, 2010
Sofia
Is there any real noticeable performance improvement in comparison with the old (ICS) firmware?

As I see things there are three possible explanations to why they chose to stick with the 3.0.8 kernel:

- If they they tried to migrate to 3.4.0, the update probably would not have been ready for release by the end of March. Remember that they are busy updating other phones (T, V, TX) and releasing bug-fix updates for Z and ZL.
- The NovaThor U8500 is not stable enough with the 3.4.0 kernel
- A combination of the above two

I understand nothing about kernel development, so my assumptions are just pure speculation ;)

linsbr

Apr 15, 2012
Belo Horizonte
Is there any real noticeable performance improvement in comparison with the old (ICS) firmware?

As I see things there are three possible explanations to why they chose to stick with the 3.0.8 kernel:

- If they they tried to migrate to 3.4.0, the the update probably would not have been ready for release at the end of March. Remember that they are busy updating other phones (T, V, TX) and releasing bug-fix updates for Z and ZL.
- The NovaThor U8500 is not stable enough with the 3.4.0 kernel
- A combination of the above two

I understand nothing about kernel development, so my assumptions are just pure speculation ;)
All this seems like reasonable possibilities, but my guess is just they did it so porting ti U and Sola would be easier

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
no, no speed improvements for now, because this is for brown devices, we are working on that, it should be faster after all debug stuff is gone

ra3al

Oct 21, 2010
Sofia
All this seems like reasonable possibilities, but my guess is just they did it so porting ti U and Sola would be easier
Then why did they update the kernel of Xperia J to 3.4.0?
If Xperia J was left with a 3.0.8 kernel for its JB update, then that would have similarly made life easier for developers that want to port Xperia J's JB firmware to Xperia Tipo and Miro.

As far as I know J, Tipo and Miro share the same hardware platform, just as P, Sola, U and Go do. ;)

nickholtus

Aug 26, 2011
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.