General So.... about the Pixel 6

Search This thread

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Anymore temper tantrums after the January update? 😜
Is everyone happy now? 🙏
Yes sir! Very happy and it's about time. This is the device they should have released not that half baked.. lol. I'm looking for the ketchup so I can eat my words but give m a couple of days. I'll head over to my network dead zone later too. But you can't blame folks for complaining. Would we have gotten these fixes had the pressure not been as intense? They released a flawed device, we tested, gave feedback, and now it works as it should. Took 3 months but better...than.. congrats to one of the lone holdouts.

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Yes sir! Very happy and it's about time. This is the device they should have released not that half baked.. lol. I'm looking for the ketchup so I can eat my words but give m a couple of days. I'll head over to my network dead zone later too. But you can't blame folks for complaining. Would we have gotten these fixes had the pressure not been as intense? They released a flawed device, we tested, gave feedback, and now it works as it should. Took 3 months but better...than.. congrats to one of the lone holdouts.
Yeah, it's the same every year with a new OS.
This time around there was a new chip set to deal with.
Reading some of the tech articles, Samsung was or still is having issues with Android 12.

Trust me if there was anything wrong with the Pixel 6 hardware it would have been worse.

If the Pixel 6 came out with Android 11, you would never had any problems.

PS, Walter had a relative with him last night for the back porch feast. 🦝

Reactions: bobby janow

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah, it's the same every year with a new OS.
This time around there was a new chip set to deal with.
Reading some of the tech articles, Samsung was or still is having issues with Android 12.

Trust me if there was anything wrong with the Pixel 6 hardware it would have been worse.

If the Pixel 6 came out with Android 11, you would never had any problems.

PS, Walter had a relative with him last night for the back porch feast. 🦝
Come on! r/aww

MindTrix

Sep 15, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Lol your Samsung trick to look like a iphone? Well there must be a reason you can make your Samsung look like a iphone, because Samsung copies Apple whenever it can’s. No headphone jack? Check! No charger? Check! No headphones? Check! And i did not defend Apple. I can’t care less about apple or Samsung. I want good mobiles. And i have bought many apps on android and on ios. Whenever a mobile comes out that beats the competition, i opt for this mobile. ITs not just apple, like it’s just android for you. I give my money to the best, and sometimes Apple is better, sometimes Samsung is better. At the moment the iPhone 13 Pro Max is the better device than any other competitor.
Wow you must not understand my trick.. most apple user get it.... samsung does not copy iPhone that is the funniest statement ever going to post that all over the samsung forum.... but when I put my samsung in safe mode it becomes an iPhone because the screen res drops and the icons are flat and your limited on features mainly just enough to keep the phone operating all the bells and whistles 1¹are gone. Now to get my samsung back I reboot and everything is great no more iPhone.

I agree with the first comment that Apple is just a fashion gimmick..... look Becky look at my new flashing iPhone it matches my shoes... no really I know lots of soccer moms and they wear that iPhone like there the hottest lady on the planet. Then they see soccer dad (me) working on my old note 9 with my stylist out pecking on the screen while talking on bluetooth and multi-tasking between my split screen... I can see the difference in most apple user get one to be like everyone else.

But every phone old or new has a purpose and if used for that purpose hence my old note 9 still works for the work I do... I have a modded pixel that I use for gaming mostly but still use it as a phone too. So if that Apple phone has everything you need all the features you want and hey looks good too then buy an apple phone... just don't get on a pixel thread and brag that your apple phone is better.. know one cares we are in an ANDROID forum take you kewl apple phone to there forum..

Reactions: vandyman

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Wow you must not understand my trick.. most apple user get it.... samsung does not copy iPhone that is the funniest statement ever going to post that all over the samsung forum.... but when I put my samsung in safe mode it becomes an iPhone because the screen res drops and the icons are flat and your limited on features mainly just enough to keep the phone operating all the bells and whistles 1¹are gone. Now to get my samsung back I reboot and everything is great no more iPhone.

I agree with the first comment that Apple is just a fashion gimmick..... look Becky look at my new flashing iPhone it matches my shoes... no really I know lots of soccer moms and they wear that iPhone like there the hottest lady on the planet. Then they see soccer dad (me) working on my old note 9 with my stylist out pecking on the screen while talking on bluetooth and multi-tasking between my split screen... I can see the difference in most apple user get one to be like everyone else.

But every phone old or new has a purpose and if used for that purpose hence my old note 9 still works for the work I do... I have a modded pixel that I use for gaming mostly but still use it as a phone too. So if that Apple phone has everything you need all the features you want and hey looks good too then buy an apple phone... just don't get on a pixel thread and brag that your apple phone is better.. know one cares we are in an ANDROID forum take you kewl apple phone to there forum..
LOL.
Red iPhone for red shoes so I can dance the blues.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Apple is fashion accessory? Cmon mate don’t underestimate apple products. The iPhone 13 Pro Max is a terrific device. All in all it has the best battery life of any smartphone. The A15 runs cooler and has better performance than any Snapdragon or Exynos counterpart. I never value a device by its company, i value it by its quality, performance and endurance. If Samsung gives me a product with this attributes, i buy Samsung, if Apple delivers i buy Apple. I would never defend Samsung or Apple, because both just sell stuff. I value there products, but only if they are good and fulfilling my needs. In my opinion the iPhone 13 Pro Max outperforms the S21 Ultra in some aspects. But ITs also a newer device.
I switched from my HTC U11 (that I LOVED) to an iPhone 8 Plus when I switched to Xfinity Mobile since they didn't have BYOD and I am not a fan of Samsung. Expected to hate the thing. I was impressed and stuck with Apple through a XS Max and a 12 Pro Max. I switched from the 12 Pro Max to a Pixel 3 XL but I can honestly say that the only thing that keeps me on the Android side is the ease of sideloading apps (although I can do it easily on the iPhone with AltStore so it's not *that* big of a deal) and the Pixel exclusive features. I didn't have any major issues with any of my iPhones, no hardware issues on any of them, and Apple's beta program covered my flashing junkie needs.

I am actually stuck right now because I refuse to go Samsung so it's either Pixel 6 (Pro is not an option thanks to the curved screen) or go back to my 12 Pro Max so I'm reading all of these threads here and reading on Reddit... I am not sold on the Pixel 6 right now which is a shame because I really love this Pixel. I mean I bought the thing just to play with some custom ROMs (I wanted to check out Calyx and Graphene), flashed it back to stock to see how it went, decided to try it as my primary phone for a week, and my SIM has not gone back in the iPhone once since August. Honestly if this thing had some more RAM, I wouldn't even need to upgrade it but if I swipe away from Dynasty Origins: Pioneer for to go read a message or something, it will refresh when I swipe back. Same with some other games.

I still have my iPad Mini 5 and I think I'll continue to do Android for my phone and an iPad for a bigger screen... Well, as long as Google can fix the issues with the Pixel 6, that is.

TLDR: Apple makes a quality device and it's not that difficult to work around the limitations.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Well the software and the ecosystem related to the OS are for me even more important. You can have great hardware and perfectly optimized software but if you don't have needed apps and functions it is not useful. My main problem with apple products is not the price (albeit i think that their products are generally overpriced) but the fact that some things just can't be done with their devices and can be done in android. Android gives much more freedom and control to the user. Apple gives you something that they think is good and you either adapt to it or switch to other platform. One very simple example - if you want to change the ringtone of iphone you must connect it to PC or macbook and do it via itunes. You can't do it from the phone itself. Such functionality was available in some phones even before symbian was invented.
You can make ringtones in Garage Band on the device. It's not as straightforward as just downloading what you want on Android for sure but it's doable. Honestly can't remember the last time I used a custom ringtone though. I made one with Garage Band a year or two ago and that was it.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I can download any Song from itunes as a ringtone directly to my iphone and set it up as my ringtone without any computer or anything. And only if i want to download stuff from the internet i must use itunes to sync it with the iphone.
Yeah but that requires you to actually pay. iTunes was one of the things I hated the most about Apple, I will admit.

Honestly my iPhone was Google-fied. I used iOS Mail, Photos, and Safari because I found them superior but I replaced everything else with Google equivalents the day I got my 8 Plus. I deleted iTunes and Music from my phone and replaced them with Spotify and LiveXLive.

I miss Apple's Notes app... Keep is a poor substitute.

So it's good now? Hmm. Maybe I'll get one next month. I have really wanted one but I wanted to see them fix all these issues.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Why are you here if you're an iTard?
Why does it have to be one or the other? I use both OSes. I have my Pixel 3 XL as my primary phone, a backup 12 Pro Max, and an iPad Mini 5. I also have an LG G8 and an HTC 10 sitting here too plus a Nexus 7 2013, Fire HD 7, Fire HD 10, and my old Samsung Captivate.

It is possible to be able to use multiple operating systems. I also use Windows, Linux, and macOS. Not everyone takes a fanboy position about things. 🤷‍♂️

Also, my account here is much older than your own. I switched to Apple because my options on the table for a flagship at the time were Samsung or Apple and I can't stand Samsung as a company. I will never own another Samsung product as long as they continue to permanently cripple the devices when people choose to unlock the bootloader.

Reactions: gnite6

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
LOL.
I have seen people on this site with 10+ years that still do not know how to even do a simple search.

15 years vs 5 years = who is old and smarter.
Both, because no one knows either back ground.
Yeah well I'm not one of those people and that wasn't my point either. It just seems weird to have someone question why I'm participating on a forum that I've been a member of for so long. I mean it will be 15 years in September. I certainly wasn't aware that there was an expectation that you subscribe to the cult of Android above all else...

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
LOL.
I have seen people on this site with 10+ years that still do not know how to even do a simple search.

15 years vs 5 years = who is old and smarter.
Both, because no one knows either back ground.

Also to be fair, the search function on this forum is inexcusably terrible. Easiest way to search this forum is to hit ddg with something like "xda searchterm".

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Yeah well I'm not one of those people and that wasn't my point either. It just seems weird to have someone question why I'm participating on a forum that I've been a member of for so long. I mean it will be 15 years in September. I certainly wasn't aware that there was an expectation that you subscribe to the cult of Android above all else...
Yeah, I am an android cult person.
I wonder if Google is the devil!

So all in all, how do you really like your Pixel 6 after having it for a couple of months?

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Yeah, I am an android cult person.
I wonder if Google is the devil!

So all in all, how do you really like your Pixel 6 after having it for a couple of months?
I don't have a 6 yet, still on my 3 XL I bought to tinker with back in August. Wanted to dip my toes back in the Android side of things before I jumped back in but I ended up switching from my iPhone to the Pixel within days. Planned to use it for a week and go back but I just never went back lol.

Pixel 6 or possibly 6 Pro (it is a shame they gave it a curved display or I would get the Pro for sure) will be my next phone. Planning to buy in February or March.

wh0Osher

Oct 21, 2014
Google Pixel 6
I'm selling my Pixel 6. It's so frustrating.

The fingerprint sensor is beyond useless, even with the January update, several fingerprints stored and its still hit and miss.

I've had more dropped calls in the last few months since buying this phone than over the past several years with previous phones. It's simply not good enough.

What a real shame, I was hoping for better than this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wait a second guys. Let's call a spade a spade. The device was not ready to be released until the December update was fixed. Past the 15 day period there is no returning the phone so put that aside, it's a non issue. You can't be saying that connectivity is fine, it's not. Don't even get me started on the FPR. Be real and acknowledge what is broken. Call screening is gone, on hold is gone, there is basically no transfer from wifi to network without a reboot. That is unacceptable and no amount of calling those complaining sheeple is going to change that. I've owned every Google device since they started coming out with hardware and this device is the worst they've ever released. Do I like the phone, yes I do. Would I trade it in, no. But there are serious problems and you must admit it without criticizing those that do. Calling Google out is not being unfaithful it's just being real.

edit: that being said I did bootloader unlock the device and I'm running ProtonAOSP non rooted. FPR is way better but connectivity is still the December radio which is awful. The rom is better that what Google has out now. Just sayin'.
    Well said, and very true!

I am SO tired of users saying "well MY device works just fine, YOU must be doing something wrong!". That's exactly the response I see everywhere as soon as someone has any complaint about the P6. The "only" issue I had was the almost total loss of reception after the December update ... I'd like for those users to tell me how I did something wrong there? I wanted to root after the update anyway, so I unlocked, rooted and flashed the mid-November radio.img which brought my reception back up to the 3-4 bars I had before the botched Google update (which had taken it down to 0-1 bar).

Google just letting P6 users sit + wait now, those on locked bootloaders with crappy reception, is what pisses me off most of all. I am long past the 2-week return period so I'm stuck with the device. But I've been letting it sit, half the time on Airplane mode, on my desk for weeks now while my actual daily driver is the OP 5T.

I'm just waiting for "proper" custom roms now to finally get some options ... or until the eBay prices for the P6 go back up so I can sell it without losing too much. The next person that tells me that "Google are the best + fastest with updates for their devices!" will get tarred + feathered by me for sure :LOL:
    All this "AI" and "machine learning" crap is just buzz words that really do NOT imply any of the amazing scifi ideas of machines actually thinking. Don't get overly carried away with marketing buzzwords.
    That reply sure was a buzz kill. I was sure by this time next year the phone would be cutting my grass and doing the laundry.
    Damn, is there a lawyer in da house? Once I hit "testimonial" and 5th Amendment I got dizzy. Nice job though, thanks.
    Don't necessarily have to be a lawyer to understand case law. The more educated people are, the better. This is one of those privacy questions I certainly hope gets addressed soon, although I have to say (and this is simply my own opinion) that I don't have a lot of faith in the prospect of SCOTUS explicitly upholding individual liberties.
    Wait a second guys. Let's call a spade a spade. The device was not ready to be released until the December update was fixed. Past the 15 day period there is no returning the phone so put that aside, it's a non issue. You can't be saying that connectivity is fine, it's not. Don't even get me started on the FPR. Be real and acknowledge what is broken. Call screening is gone, on hold is gone, there is basically no transfer from wifi to network without a reboot. That is unacceptable and no amount of calling those complaining sheeple is going to change that. I've owned every Google device since they started coming out with hardware and this device is the worst they've ever released. Do I like the phone, yes I do. Would I trade it in, no. But there are serious problems and you must admit it without criticizing those that do. Calling Google out is not being unfaithful it's just being real.

edit: that being said I did bootloader unlock the device and I'm running ProtonAOSP non rooted. FPR is way better but connectivity is still the December radio which is awful. The rom is better that what Google has out now. Just sayin'.
    The Pixel, with its Tensor chip and machine learning, can somewhat adapt to the phone user's habits, right? That's why battery life improves, maybe the phone gets hot at first, then doesn't as I've seen people imply here (and was my experience), and so on.

Then you have all the complaints here. The phone sucks, it gets hot, the battery is terrible, etc. And when people do complain about bugs what is usually the first advice they get? Reset it. But in some cases isn't that exactly the wrong thing to do with this phone? With a device that adapts to your usage isn't a wipe the last thing you'd want to do? Or am I giving the whole "machine learning" thing too much credit? I ask because I visit a Telegram thread and a user there was complaining. Someone asked if he had reset the phone and he replied "yes, a few times".

It doesn't adapt to anything except to determine what kind of advertising you would be most susceptible to so that gooble can target you most profitably. All this "AI" and "machine learning" crap is just buzz words that really do NOT imply any of the amazing scifi ideas of machines actually thinking. Don't get overly carried away with marketing buzzwords.