So can I root this thing or not? (G991U1 w/XAA)

Search This thread

auxy

Nov 29, 2014
I bought an unlocked S21 from Samsung directly; it currently has "1OYM2AUC8" firmware on it with XAA CSC. There is no "OEM unlock" option anywhere in the developer options, and my KG status says "Completed" in download mode.

I was gonna install Magisk and go for it—I'm computer-savvy, but haven't rooted a phone since 2014, lol. However, looking around I found several posts saying that there is no working root method for this phone in particular, unless I'm misunderstanding something horribly? Can someone set me straight here?

Reactions: Norma Stitz
I bought an unlocked S21 from Samsung directly; it currently has "1OYM2AUC8" firmware on it with XAA CSC. There is no "OEM unlock" option anywhere in the developer options, and my KG status says "Completed" in download mode.

I was gonna install Magisk and go for it—I'm computer-savvy, but haven't rooted a phone since 2014, lol. However, looking around I found several posts saying that there is no working root method for this phone in particular, unless I'm misunderstanding something horribly? Can someone set me straight here?
I've also been looking around for a solid root method for my device (G991U) and the only thing I've been able to find is a paid "token," which to my understanding is not a bootloader unlock and will not work on any post March security updated phone (i.e. my phone). I also am missing the OEM unlock option as well. With there being no guides and little to no activity on the forums I'm stuck on how to root this thing too. I've seen a couple of YouTube guides but they're for the exynos model (which also seems to have the OEM unlock option). Is there anyone working on an exploit or a way to unlock the phone bootloader? Is this token based from Samsung? It's been a while since I've rooted a Samsung phone and things look so different now. Could anyone she's some light on the subject for me and the guy I quoted? Tia!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.