Question So...did anyone actually buy the OnePlus 9 Pro?

Search This thread

terlynn4

• Aug 18, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    I agree about all the bad hype. I think people were just disappointed that it cost more than previous OnePlus phones. But it's still reasonable for a flagship, which this device certainly is.

I upgraded from a OnePlus 7 Pro, and I only have 2 minor complaints: 1) it runs a little warm - solved by flashing Omega kernel, although OP will probably improve it eventually, and 2) I miss the pop-up front camera on the 7 Pro - I'm not a fan of the cutout, but pretty much every device has one.

Overall, I'm really happy with it. My list of complaints is much longer with Samsung, which was my 2nd choice.

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
    Paradise Valley
    I agree about all the bad hype. I think people were just disappointed that it cost more than previous OnePlus phones. But it's still reasonable for a flagship, which this device certainly is.

I upgraded from a OnePlus 7 Pro, and I only have 2 minor complaints: 1) it runs a little warm - solved by flashing Omega kernel, although OP will probably improve it eventually, and 2) I miss the pop-up front camera on the 7 Pro - I'm not a fan of the cutout, but pretty much every device has one.

Overall, I'm really happy with it. My list of complaints is much longer with Samsung, which was my 2nd choice.
    Yeah, bad hype everywhere. The oneplus 8 pro was loved by everyone but for 60 dollars more this one can't compete even though it's better in every way, lol.

My favorite improvement is battery life and the charging. It impresses me Everytime I charge the phone. Like, whoa...

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
  • May 24, 2008
    Razer Phone 2
    Motorola One Action
    Yeah, bad hype everywhere. The oneplus 8 pro was loved by everyone but for 60 dollars more this one can't compete even though it's better in every way, lol.

My favorite improvement is battery life and the charging. It impresses me Everytime I charge the phone. Like, whoa...
    The charging alone made me fall for this phone, besides all the other bad ass specs.

15 min for 95% charge is Hell yeah!
    Even the wireless charging is faster than the older phones 30 min for 75%

Every tech spec in the 9 Pro is perfect IMO, the only complain I have are the speakers, they are not loud enough compared to my Razer Phone 2.

The the stock Dolby Atmos doesn't quite feel right, it doesn't create the same good Live Theater feel from the Razer Phone 2.

I'm going to try to install the ones people are suggesting from Magisk the full Dolby Atmos, to see if that improves it a little.

Reactions: chetly968
    Apr 2, 2021
    The charging alone made me fall for this phone, besides all the other bad ass specs.

15 min for 95% charge is Hell yeah!
    Even the wireless charging is faster than the older phones 30 min for 75%

Every tech spec in the 9 Pro is perfect IMO, the only complain I have are the speakers, they are not loud enough compared to my Razer Phone 2.

The the stock Dolby Atmos doesn't quite feel right, it doesn't create the same good Live Theater feel from the Razer Phone 2.

I'm going to try to install the ones people are suggesting from Magisk the full Dolby Atmos, to see if that improves it a little.

Yep the phone is pretty much pulling all flagship specs but now charging the price that goes with it and people aren't happy. I love the phone it's quick, charge times are crazy and the screen is beautiful. HDR is just something else on it.

Reactions: chetly968

avid_droid

• Aug 24, 2019
    Maui,Hawaii
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    My initial complaints were about the camera and the fuzz. After watching the video shared in the forums I absolutely love it. I see people grumble about better battery life.... I get decent battery life and who cares, this phone charges stupid fast. I'm glad to be back on OnePlus. This phone is awesome

Me and my wife bought straight from oneplus. Got the 12/256 pro versions. Silver was the only ones in stock. Came from oneplus 7 pros.

I was hoping that I could fully enjoy the phone without rooting, but this slow scrolling is killing me. If it's not ever fixed in an update, then I can't see myself upgrading to another oneplus in 2 years. The oneplus 7 pros camera never seemed right without gcam and now with scrolling on the new oneplus 9 pros.

Spider_Pig27

Nov 7, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Google Pixel 5
    I have the silver 9 Pro unlocked. Came from a S21 Ultra. Haven't owned a OnePlus since OnePlus 6. Usually switch between Pixels, iPhones & Galaxy. Just sold my iPhone 12 Pro Max yesterday because I had it sitting on my shelve because I really enjoy this phone. I personally like everything about it. It's quite a shame that all these YouTubers are talking smack about it when yes OnePlus had a rough start but after the updates it definitely has catched up to other flagships. I even went ahead & got my hands on the watch. Honestly though.... Stay away from the watch. They should just have gone with wear os. 🤦‍♂️ One thing I really wish they did is offer a 512GB model. But for now I'll be more then happy with the 256GB. Really happy I didn't listen to all those YouTubers & instead went with my gut decision.

Reactions: galaxys

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
    Paradise Valley
    I have the silver 9 Pro unlocked. Came from a S21 Ultra. Haven't owned a OnePlus since OnePlus 6. Usually switch between Pixels, iPhones & Galaxy. Just sold my iPhone 12 Pro Max yesterday because I had it sitting on my shelve because I really enjoy this phone. I personally like everything about it. It's quite a shame that all these YouTubers are talking smack about it when yes OnePlus had a rough start but after the updates it definitely has catched up to other flagships. I even went ahead & got my hands on the watch. Honestly though.... Stay away from the watch. They should just have gone with wear os. 🤦‍♂️ One thing I really wish they did is offer a 512GB model. But for now I'll be more then happy with the 256GB. Really happy I didn't listen to all those YouTubers & instead went with my gut decision.
    512gb would be awesome. Hard to find a phone as in the US that has it. Even Samsung stopped making 512gb phones as of last week. I need the space yo!

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
  • May 24, 2008
    Razer Phone 2
    Motorola One Action
    Yes, I was hoping to get a 512GB model as well, too bad there was no option for that, and no sd card option to install one ourselves.
    That's what I did in my old Razer Phone 2, stock max + 512 microSD more than enough storage for anything I wanted. :D
    but with this 1+9Pro I need to be more careful what I carry and install, as the space is very limited, 256 GB is actually a lot less, because of the OS and other stuff, you only really have roughly 180 GB left for usage.

Spider_Pig27

Nov 7, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Google Pixel 5
    Yes, I was hoping to get a 512GB model as well, too bad there was no option for that, and no sd card option to install one ourselves.
    That's what I did in my old Razer Phone 2, stock max + 512 microSD more than enough storage for anything I wanted. :D
    but with this 1+9Pro I need to be more careful what I carry and install, as the space is very limited, 256 GB is actually a lot less, because of the OS and other stuff, you only really have roughly 180 GB left for usage.
    Yeah I noticed the same thing yesterday. I had about 195gb out of the 256gb . All we can really do now is hope they do this on the next round lol

jammin6996

Jan 24, 2011
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    I had mine pre-ordered, so i got it day 1, LE2125 global.
    I've had no heat issues, definitely not a professional quality camera but its nice, finally on par with samsung, IMO.
    I'm now running 11.2.5.5AA rooted with Omega kernel, very stable.

I bought directly though OnePlus, main reason for purchase is a quality flagship phone thats not locked down as much as samsung or apple for example.

paysen

Nov 3, 2010
    Yep, was deciding between this, mi11u and x60 pro plus. Op9 Pro had the best overall package for me. Camera on the mi11u was a bit disappointing for me and my use cases, x60 pro plus is great for photos but useless for video.

Samuel Holland

• Jun 26, 2013
    lake charles
    Alter running Omega on 8 pro, I decided to follow devs lead and purchase the 9 pro. This was the deciding factor that persuaded me to go with the upgrade. While admittinly, the 8 pro is a very nice phone and I enjoyed it since launch, the nine pro is equally beautiful to me and has been a beauty and I feel very blessed having the opportunity to own both these devices. Thank you

Reactions: paysen
    May 17, 2021
    LineageOS
    I did. I went to bestbuy. used my bestbuy card to buy the phone outright though I will be able to make 24 payments at 0 percent over 2 years. I am happy i came back to Android.. I hate Google, I love Linux. But i had to get out of the closed sandbox of IOS. IOS is so boring and its glad to be back to android

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      No, we all just like to loiter in the OnePlus 9 Pro forums and we all have iPhone 12 Pro Max's.
      I did. I went to bestbuy. used my bestbuy card to buy the phone outright though I will be able to make 24 payments at 0 percent over 2 years. I am happy i came back to Android.. I hate Google, I love Linux. But i had to get out of the closed sandbox of IOS. IOS is so boring and its glad to be back to android
      I had mine pre-ordered, so i got it day 1, LE2125 global.
      I've had no heat issues, definitely not a professional quality camera but its nice, finally on par with samsung, IMO.
      I'm now running 11.2.5.5AA rooted with Omega kernel, very stable.

I bought directly though OnePlus, main reason for purchase is a quality flagship phone thats not locked down as much as samsung or apple for example.

My initial complaints were about the camera and the fuzz. After watching the video shared in the forums I absolutely love it. I see people grumble about better battery life.... I get decent battery life and who cares, this phone charges stupid fast. I'm glad to be back on OnePlus. This phone is awesome