So Honor 5X has Gyroscope Sensor or not ?

Search This thread

D3VI0US

Nov 19, 2011
this is confusing
I tried street view and when you tilt or move the phone the photosphere just moves and this indicates that there is a gyroscope inside this device
However, trying it on any 360 video on YouTube won't work and when I tried Z device app it says no Gyroscope in the device
So what gives ?

Reactions: cyrusalmighty

eruji

Aug 2, 2010
wuuut??? ha ha. Added that file and i do have access to youtube 360 features now, but it doesnt work quite as expected. up and down seems to work great side to side moves but in a strange way. maybe reverse (i tried flipping the phone) and the movement is limited. So there is a gyro and we just need the os to utilize it? or this some other sensor?

Edit: tried it again. Works great in Street view. Works okay with the one YouTube video I tried. Seems like side to side rotation is less sensitive in YouTube vs up and down. But it works!

Last edited:
Detailed instructions

Thanks! Just to have this on XDA (and in English) instead of having to link to another forum. Here are the instructions...

Hi all. I bring a tuto on how to enable the gyroscope in our Honor 5x

1. Obtain root
  2. Download this file: https://mega.nz/#!pEEGFLbJ!scUWYUCZ_...4DyCT7jSWCW35E (Alternatively, download the file attached to the post and remove the .txt extension so it is named "android.hardware.sensor.gyroscope.xml")
  3. Using a root browser of your choice, move the file to /syste/etc/permissions
  4. Set the permissions to rw-r-r (644)
  5. Restart the phone.

juanro49

Nov 27, 2013
Esparragosa de Lares
Thanks! Just to have this on XDA (and in English) instead of having to link to another forum. Here are the instructions...

Hi all. I bring a tuto on how to enable the gyroscope in our Honor 5x

1. Obtain root
  2. Download this file: https://mega.nz/#!pEEGFLbJ!scUWYUCZ_...4DyCT7jSWCW35E (Alternatively, download the file attached to the post and remove the .txt extension so it is named "android.hardware.sensor.gyroscope.xml")
  3. Using a root browser of your choice, move the file to /syste/etc/permissions
  4. Set the permissions to rw-r-r (644)
  5. Restart the phone.
Thanks, I'm thinking post on xda but my English is very poor and would be difficult for me to give a lot of support on issues created

Enviado desde mi honor 5x mediante Tapatalk

cap2666

Feb 12, 2017
hello

if is posible..can someone with a Samsung phone that have a gyroscope to upload the file "android.hardware.sensor.gyroscope.xml"from his phone,you will have to use the Root Browser to get it out from your phone..I will like to try it but from Samsung to Samsung..Thanks

Top Liked Posts