Question So I've bought the ROG6 to replace the X80 Pro...

Search This thread

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
I was on my mind for a while, but i couldn't take the laggy interface of NOT FUNTOUCH OS anymore and the awful inconsistent battery life anymore, which is kinda of a big shame as the camera ROCKS and is better than any phone out there easily(except the Mate 40 Pro+).

So, yesterday i've bought the ROG6 after many thoughts and here is my conclusion so far:

-Let's start with the not so good that all the reviewers have been pointing out... The Camera!
It ain't that bad, it actually quite good and useful during daylight and less during nighttime, but it's still doing the job.
Yes it ain't touching the X80 Pro, not by miles and miles and miles... but it's more than serviceable specially selfies.

-Battery+Speakers+Performance+Battery Life are TOP NOTCH!
I've got 8.10hr before battery reached 5%, and while it seems to be "low" since it has 6000mah, keep in mind that it was the first boot in which i've transferred all the data from the vivo, restored whatapp backups, played some games, installed YouTube, updates and had it all under 165hz all the time, so first impression of the battery is excellent( probably can get easily 10-11hr with 144/120hz usage).

Performance ****s all over x80 pro besides it being SUPER FAST, it did one thing that no android that i ever owned has ever done... CLOSING BACKGROUND APPS, it did NONE of it, all my apps were in the background and never reloaded, i'm still shocked tbh( outside some oddities like Tinder and OKCUPID, which android really hates).

Speakers are punchy, bassy and have good balance of volume, and you can force an "outside mode" that will make them very loud at some expense of the sound quality.

The screen is FHD+ but it's gorgeous, not matching the vivo or high-end Samsung screens but it's very good.

Asus has just 3 preinstalled apps and clean android, it boots and loads everything so fast that i miss it sometimes.

In conclusion, for now, it is the Vivo X80 Pro we deserve but never got!!!
Screenshot_20220808-080003_GSam_Battery_Monitor.jpg

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
I used Mate 40 Pro before and I have to say its camera is very good for both day and night situations. Just wonder how good is the Mate 40 Pro Plus's camera as you said here compared to X80 Pro? (you said x80 pro is better over most of the phones except the Mate 40 Pro Plus)
How about P50 Pro? have you have any chances to test it or use it?

Currently I'm still using S22U. Although the camera is not in the same level as Huawei in night mode, I found that its portrait mode is superior, especially 3x zoom portrait mode. The photos came out can be compared with my Nikon and Canon DSLR in terms of portrait (not kidding, I'm so surprised). So I guess I'll keep this S22U because I don't have any problem with lag, heating, or battery. I heard that the new update coming up in August can fix the shutter lag problem of the camera (my main issue currently). So if it's true then I would be really happy with my choice. Will look at x80 pro when the software is more stable in the future and the price dropped at least $100-200 more.

Last edited:

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
I told you !!
Asus rocks ...
If they would spend a tad more on the camera and less on a backdisplay that's kinda useless and just have a faux leather back which would include Wireless charge then it would be a STRONG contender for any Android Flagship device.

Enjoy ....

Reactions: Derpling

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
I told you !!
Asus rocks ...
If they would spend a tad more on the camera and less on a backdisplay that's kinda useless and just have a faux leather back which would include Wireless charge then it would be a STRONG contender for any Android Flagship device.

Enjoy ....
Haha you were so ****ing right!

ASUS should make a combo of rog with zenphone with minimum gaming features.

Just customization of the software and hardware.

Outside the camera and screen, the ROG6 feels so far ahead of the vivo x80 pro it's not funny

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
Screenshot_20220809-115049_GSam_Battery_Monitor.jpg
Second day of using the phone, 165hz 1d 1hr 9.15hr sot!

That's how you do battery and don't excessively close background apps all the time, even with 12gb ram.

I'll keep the x80 pro for the camera and to see if Vivo can fix there awful software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was on my mind for a while, but i couldn't take the laggy interface of NOT FUNTOUCH OS anymore and the awful inconsistent battery life anymore, which is kinda of a big shame as the camera ROCKS and is better than any phone out there easily(except the Mate 40 Pro+).

So, yesterday i've bought the ROG6 after many thoughts and here is my conclusion so far:

-Let's start with the not so good that all the reviewers have been pointing out... The Camera!
    It ain't that bad, it actually quite good and useful during daylight and less during nighttime, but it's still doing the job.
    Yes it ain't touching the X80 Pro, not by miles and miles and miles... but it's more than serviceable specially selfies.

-Battery+Speakers+Performance+Battery Life are TOP NOTCH!
    I've got 8.10hr before battery reached 5%, and while it seems to be "low" since it has 6000mah, keep in mind that it was the first boot in which i've transferred all the data from the vivo, restored whatapp backups, played some games, installed YouTube, updates and had it all under 165hz all the time, so first impression of the battery is excellent( probably can get easily 10-11hr with 144/120hz usage).

Performance ****s all over x80 pro besides it being SUPER FAST, it did one thing that no android that i ever owned has ever done... CLOSING BACKGROUND APPS, it did NONE of it, all my apps were in the background and never reloaded, i'm still shocked tbh( outside some oddities like Tinder and OKCUPID, which android really hates).

Speakers are punchy, bassy and have good balance of volume, and you can force an "outside mode" that will make them very loud at some expense of the sound quality.

The screen is FHD+ but it's gorgeous, not matching the vivo or high-end Samsung screens but it's very good.

Asus has just 3 preinstalled apps and clean android, it boots and loads everything so fast that i miss it sometimes.

In conclusion, for now, it is the Vivo X80 Pro we deserve but never got!!!
    Screenshot_20220808-080003_GSam_Battery_Monitor.jpg
    I told you !!
    Asus rocks ...

Enjoy ....