So who got the new update...?

Search This thread

ZehelSitchel

Oct 8, 2012
I was just looking for someone who had the recovery. I think this post has it.

Edit: I'll test in a few minutes when I have some time, since I'm currently at work.
Edit 2: Removed link. It was just the firmware, not the recovery.

Last edited:

350Rocket

Dec 11, 2010
I got the update for stage fright. I'm stock and unrooted for now. Everything works fine still, didn't notice any changes.

I plan to stay stock until the phone is abandoned by HTC and needs an update.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

redpoint73

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

ZehelSitchel

Oct 8, 2012
Thank you DanGeorges! Hopefully I didn't alter anything else that will keep me from updating.

Edit: The update succeeded but it's stuck in a boot loop. Probably xposed framework causing issues. I didn't think to disable it before updating...
Edit 2: Thankfully I was able to reboot to the bootloader, fastboot to the twrp recovery image (without flashing recovery), and backup my data. I did have to RUU to get my phone working again. To ensure that it was my data partition that was the problem I flashed my backup without the data and it booted. As soon as I added data back it returned to the boot loop. So I'm restoring my data one application at a time...
Edit 3: On a side note, I now have every recovery from release to now. Backed up 4.28.502.2 yesterday so I wouldn't be in this predicament again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone