Question So... Who's as excited as I am for this ?

Search This thread

Raiz

Forum Moderator / XDA Welcome Team
Staff member
This phone is a massive 90° turn for google as much on the software side than the hardware.
SO let me know:
1- Are you excited for the GP6 Pro?
2- Do you plan on buying it?
3- What the feature, following the leaks and the I/O that you anticipate the most?

For me :
1- YESSSSSS!!!!!!! (see the title)
2- I'd love to, I'll wait though. I want to see the firsts feedbacks before buying one.
3- To me, the whitechapel SoC really picked my interest a lot. It will either be a deception or a big nice surprise, don't disappoint me Google!

sunNsnow

Dec 16, 2009
  1. Yes, sort of.
  2. Maybe. I have the Pixel 5: a meh phone, with useless VZ 5G so I turned it off. The only things I'm happy with are battery life, weight/portability, and that I didn't upgrade my plan to a 5G plan.
  3. New in-house chip. I'm not holding my breath on "new and improved" because Google tends to let everyone down prior to announcement, so I'm expecting the same here.
Edit: To be fair, I flipped flopped on buying the Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra for the camera. What keeps me with Pixel is their call screening. There's been so many of them, the call screening is the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiz

SidRose01

Lol and that shows some ignorance. Those other phones don't use Google's software processing for photos. And that's a HUGE deal.

We can atleast have GCam on other 8mp periscopic phones to get a similar output like GP6 pro. Hence wanted Google to have its in-house sensor or atleast get one from other sensor makers specifically for GP6 pro. PS: those other phone can atleast have GCam and I didn't ignore this.

1- Yes, finally the Pixel phone we were waiting for.... Hopefully
2- Day One
3- Combination of the Whitechapel SOC and Camera setup. Still not the same amount as the 21 Ultra, one thing Google knows is how to get the best out of hardware they go with. We are talking about the potential capability of iPhone structure but with more modern tech throughout the phone.

jaygatsby9909

Mar 16, 2011
Indianapolis
I'm very excited as I am for most Pixel releases. I am buying the second it becomes available. I'm afraid if I wait, with the chip shortage, I might miss out if I don't act fast. I am really excited about the new chip and, hopefully, tight integration between software and hardware. I am also really excited for the triple camera setup. Between the nearly 1" sensor, higher resolution and Googles image processing software I am fully expecting them to retake the photo crown back from Apple.

gaminel

Dec 5, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I would like to see eSIM availability on day one. One National carrier, and eSIM for spare carrier/international travel. I sold my Samsung S21+ Unlocked because I couldn’t activate an eSIM!

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
I have currently a Oneplus 8 Pro. Camera is very average, with Android 11 they moved further away from stock Android, Updates come very slow now that there are newer Oneplus devices (had november security patch until mid february, then we got january patch instead of february...)...

I am so excited for Pixel 6 Pro, as this phone is finally a pixel phone that seems to make no compromises:
Tripple cam
Big Battery
120 hz
Great performance chip (not a hardcote gamer, so must not be top notch for me)
New camera senors...!

I think Pixel 6 Pro will crush it this year.. looks like a S21 Ultra with clean Android.. !! Nice!

But i guess the price tag will be huge, around S21 Ultra launch price (maybe just a little less)

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm not excited. Mainly because ever since I bought the Pixel 1 and loved it, and used it until a year ago when I got a 512 GB Samsung, I was anticipating getting a 256 GB Pixel as my next upgrade once one was available. I waited four years and now, though, I wouldn't upgrade to another Pixel unless it had 512 GB of internal storage (or have a Micro SD slot, which won't happen with the Pixel). I like my music local and in FLAC, and have my entire library with me. I'm happy that they've finally decided to have 256 GB of storage as an option, but that just won't cut it for me anymore.

BittahWarlock

Feb 21, 2018
I'm extremely apprehensive about this, on one hand it's possibly the flagship Pixel that we've always wanted. On the other hand, it's running a custom chipset that's based on exynos. What does that mean for root access? It seems like exynos chips are always running behind on getting rooted and are generally less efficient than their Snapdragon counterparts. That's complicated by the fact that it's basically a bespoke chip now just for pixel phones.

We'll see, I'm currently holding on with my OnePlus 6t, but OP is dead to me going forward. I was planning on definitely switching to Pixel, but now I'm waiting to see how much access the dev community has to the device

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
I'm extremely apprehensive about this, on one hand it's possibly the flagship Pixel that we've always wanted. On the other hand, it's running a custom chipset that's based on exynos. What does that mean for root access? It seems like exynos chips are always running behind on getting rooted and are generally less efficient than their Snapdragon counterparts. That's complicated by the fact that it's basically a bespoke chip now just for pixel phones.

We'll see, I'm currently holding on with my OnePlus 6t, but OP is dead to me going forward. I was planning on definitely switching to Pixel, but now I'm waiting to see how much access the dev community has to the device
Yes, Oneplus is really not what it once was anymore.

For Exynos Chipset: the exynos Chipset in the S21 Series is great. It is about on the same level than the Snapdragon. Some people even claim it has better battery life and doesnt heat up as much than the Snapdragon version.

Since the Pixel 6 Chip seems to be based on this Exynos Chip with some minor changes, i am sure it will be great!!
It is the first Exynos phone i would buy.

The difference between exynos and snapdragon s21 is not noticable anymore. I m pretty sure that performance and battery will be great.

BittahWarlock

Feb 21, 2018
Yes, Oneplus is really not what it once was anymore.

For Exynos Chipset: the exynos Chipset in the S21 Series is great. It is about on the same level than the Snapdragon. Some people even claim it has better battery life and doesnt heat up as much than the Snapdragon version.

Since the Pixel 6 Chip seems to be based on this Exynos Chip with some minor changes, i am sure it will be great!!
It is the first Exynos phone i would buy.

The difference between exynos and snapdragon s21 is not noticable anymore. I m pretty sure that performance and battery will be great.
True, while the gap is closing, there is still a gap. That's really not my main holdup, it's getting root without losing too many features.

Google has been tightening the reins on Android for years. Hopefully we will get full root access without many sacrifices, just need to wait and see

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
The last google phone I purchased was the Nexus 4 at release, then later I got a Nexus 9. The Pixel series has never interested me, especially design wise. If the P6P's renders are accurate it'll be my 1st google device in years.

Reactions: itsXpanD

znel52

I've been running Samsung devices the past few years because no Pixel hardware has really impressed me since the 2XL. The software has been great but hardware has been lacking. I desperately want to get back on the Pixel bandwagon and if all these leaks turn out to be accurate this will finally be the phone that does it! I'll be trading in my Note Ultra 20 on it. Wish we didn't have to wait til late September or October.

Reactions: rmonjay

MasterBelch

Oct 22, 2020
This phone is a massive 90° turn for google as much on the software side than the hardware.
SO let me know:
3- What the feature, following the leaks and the I/O that you anticipate the most?

1. I'm stoked. Haven't been this excited for a Google device since the Galaxy Nexus w/Ice Cream Sandwich, though the Nexus 5 leak accompanied by KitKat ranks up there.
2. I plan on F5'ing the Google Store repeatedly as soon as the presentation starts, so yeah.
3. Whitechapel and, Material You (biggest software overhaul since 4.4). Also it seems like Google gives a darn about hardware now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SO let me know:

For me :
    1- YESSSSSS!!!!!!! (see the title)
    2- I'd love to, I'll wait though. I want to see the firsts feedbacks before buying one.
    3- To me, the whitechapel SoC really picked my interest a lot. It will either be a deception or a big nice surprise, don't disappoint me Google!
    Yep...I am. I hope the Pro version has a flat screen instead of a curved screen though.
    What are the key selling points/excitements? The new chipset? Camera? If the specs I see are correct, it's equal or behind most other current high performance devices even before it's released... And that camera hump...
    The appeal of the Pixel can't be summarized purely by comparing hardware stats, as the whole thing is software and hardware together to amass something larger than the sum of the parts. Even with the same sensor as some older handsets the photos from the Pixel are top of the line despite what the hardware info alone would tell you. I'm excited about the Pixel line finally not having a compromise like the battery, processor, screen size, or old camera sensors. They are finally giving it the hardware it deserves and that should make for a top notch device.
    1- I really am. I'd never been too excited for a Pixel before, Google never really seemed to be too deeply invested in the devices, not near as much as they are with the 6/6 Pro
    2- Yes!
    3- I love the new design, and to a need to fulfil my flashing addiction, I can be on the early end of releases :D
    Fyi, latest news: