• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question So... Who's as excited as I am for this ?

Search This thread

dmb219

Feb 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Clearing calendar for 10/19... I'm liking that yellow Pro. I've had black phones forever and want something with some color. The light/gray looks good too. Hopefully we'll get a better look during the next couple weeks.

arsenal74

Nov 23, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I am torn, I would want the smaller 6 but from the what I have seen it is pretty ugly from the front, the pro does not look much better and I do not really want a phone that big anyway. I might stick with my 5.

IlyaKol

Aug 21, 2013
Albany, NY
Hi all,

Can someone who has a recent Pixel (4 or 5) that is NOT rooted who's also going to be getting the 6 help me out?

How does phone backup work (meaning lets say you have to factory reset for some reason)...is it pretty painless to get all of your apps and settings, etc. back? I've been rooting since day 1 and I'm honestly getting tired of it and don't have as much of a need for it anymore. I'm trying to decide if I should plan on this for the P6 or just go stock. My main use is to backup all apps on my phone + data every few days in the event of a major problem.

I know you can restore the apps from the play store by looking in your library, but how about settings?

Birdsfan

Jun 3, 2010
Doylestown, PA
Hi all,

Can someone who has a recent Pixel (4 or 5) that is NOT rooted who's also going to be getting the 6 help me out?

How does phone backup work (meaning lets say you have to factory reset for some reason)...is it pretty painless to get all of your apps and settings, etc. back? I've been rooting since day 1 and I'm honestly getting tired of it and don't have as much of a need for it anymore. I'm trying to decide if I should plan on this for the P6 or just go stock. My main use is to backup all apps on my phone + data every few days in the event of a major problem.

I know you can restore the apps from the play store by looking in your library, but how about settings?
I have the Pixel 4 XL and I'm not rooted. I use Google One as my backup and when I did a factory reset (did it going from Android 12 beta 2 to 3 I think?) and I had no issues with all my data being restored.

• Love
Reactions: IlyaKol and galaxys

milestoneman

Aug 8, 2010
In the UK you can return an item within 2 weeks you bought online so I'm buying day 1 and trying it out before deciding if I keep Vs my Pixel 5 or my wife's 13 pro which I might also get

ozzjim1

Nov 13, 2014
My biggest worry is the leak that only the US and Australia will get the 512gb storage on the Pro. It will be intersting if their hardware supports UK 5g networks as I may have to import one.

D0n Quix0te

Sep 13, 2016
I am definitely buying it if its reviews are solid. I am waiting for its reviews and will decide afterwards. But i am surely excited for it. I am using Pixel 3 nowadays, its still ridiculously good in 2021 but its battery life ain't good as I get 3 hours SoT. I am a basic user, don't play games at all, but I do care about android updates, battery and camera. If the camera score is 130 or above on dxomark and battery endurance above 100 on GSMArena then I will buy it instantly.

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I am definitely buying it if its reviews are solid. I am waiting for its reviews and will decide afterwards. But i am surely excited for it. I am using Pixel 3 nowadays, its still ridiculously good in 2021 but its battery life ain't good as I get 3 hours SoT. I am a basic user, don't play games at all, but I do care about android updates, battery and camera. If the camera score is 130 or above on dxomark and battery endurance above 100 on GSMArena then I will buy it instantly.
That's the mistake I always make...waiting. I'm ordering as soon as pre-orders go live. I can always cancel or return if I'm unhappy with it vs ending up waiting extra weeks by delaying ordering 😎

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
What are the key selling points/excitements? The new chipset? Camera? If the specs I see are correct, it's equal or behind most other current high performance devices even before it's released... And that camera hump...

94b20gsr

Sep 4, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
What are the key selling points/excitements? The new chipset? Camera? If the specs I see are correct, it's equal or behind most other current high performance devices even before it's released... And that camera hump...
The appeal of the Pixel can't be summarized purely by comparing hardware stats, as the whole thing is software and hardware together to amass something larger than the sum of the parts. Even with the same sensor as some older handsets the photos from the Pixel are top of the line despite what the hardware info alone would tell you. I'm excited about the Pixel line finally not having a compromise like the battery, processor, screen size, or old camera sensors. They are finally giving it the hardware it deserves and that should make for a top notch device.

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
At the risk of sounding like an apple fan boy in denial...having the fastest performance isn't everything. Based on the leaked benchmarks it will be more than fast and snappy enough for me. I don't game so needing the latest and greatest has never been my concern but I need my phone to be smooth and snappy and I think it will achieve that with ease.

The fact that it's a Google device is why I want it, especially because it's finally looking like the device they should have always made where they went all out on the hardware. My last Google device was the Nexus 6P. Loved it except the screen was absolute crap. I tried the 4a 5g recently and the pixel 5 and had the same annoyances with the screen. The 6 Pro is using a screen that's on par with the best that's out there so everything else is gravy for me and having one of the best cameras in a phone is just icing on the cake.

Reactions: znel52

D0n Quix0te

Sep 13, 2016
The appeal of the Pixel can't be summarized purely by comparing hardware stats, as the whole thing is software and hardware together to amass something larger than the sum of the parts. Even with the same sensor as some older handsets the photos from the Pixel are top of the line despite what the hardware info alone would tell you. I'm excited about the Pixel line finally not having a compromise like the battery, processor, screen size, or old camera sensors. They are finally giving it the hardware it deserves and that should make for a top notch device.
Well said. I am using pixel 3 these days and I can tell you it is ridiculously fast. The camera can give competition to my cousin's iPhone 11 Pro Max. It feels like it has been released in 2020 instead of 18, lol. The battery life is not good but its a 3 years old phone so expected.

Reactions: znel52

dmb219

Feb 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
We've been waiting for a big powerhouse phone with stock Android since I've been coming here. That was when I had an S2 and flashed entropy512's kernels every day. That was so cool. This phone will be nice. The new hardware and A12 will be a winner. I'm thinking about that yellow Pro... Who knows, maybe we will get a Shostock ROM for the P6 Pro. j/k hey shoman94, hope all is well with you.

Reactions: znel52 and galaxys

znel52

Just placed my order for a Spigen Thin-fit case and some LK screen protectors. Is it bad that I am really excited for this case to get here? Just want to get an idea for how big the pro is gonna be and how big that camera hump is in person.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This phone is a massive 90° turn for google as much on the software side than the hardware.
    SO let me know:
    1- Are you excited for the GP6 Pro?
    2- Do you plan on buying it?
    3- What the feature, following the leaks and the I/O that you anticipate the most?

For me :
    1- YESSSSSS!!!!!!! (see the title)
    2- I'd love to, I'll wait though. I want to see the firsts feedbacks before buying one.
    3- To me, the whitechapel SoC really picked my interest a lot. It will either be a deception or a big nice surprise, don't disappoint me Google!
    Yep...I am. I hope the Pro version has a flat screen instead of a curved screen though.
    1- I really am. I'd never been too excited for a Pixel before, Google never really seemed to be too deeply invested in the devices, not near as much as they are with the 6/6 Pro
    2- Yes!
    3- I love the new design, and to a need to fulfil my flashing addiction, I can be on the early end of releases :D
    Fyi, latest news: