Question So... Who's as excited as I am for this ?

Search This thread

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
This phone is a massive 90° turn for google as much on the software side than the hardware.
SO let me know:
1- Are you excited for the GP6 Pro?
2- Do you plan on buying it?
3- What the feature, following the leaks and the I/O that you anticipate the most?

For me :
1- YESSSSSS!!!!!!! (see the title)
2- I'd love to, I'll wait though. I want to see the firsts feedbacks before buying one.
3- To me, the whitechapel SoC really picked my interest a lot. It will either be a deception or a big nice surprise, don't disappoint me Google!
I will be buying this for sure. Finally a phone with decent storage and a competitive processor. I haven't had a pixel since the 3. Can't wait!

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I'm not excited. Mainly because ever since I bought the Pixel 1 and loved it, and used it until a year ago when I got a 512 GB Samsung, I was anticipating getting a 256 GB Pixel as my next upgrade once one was available. I waited four years and now, though, I wouldn't upgrade to another Pixel unless it had 512 GB of internal storage (or have a Micro SD slot, which won't happen with the Pixel). I like my music local and in FLAC, and have my entire library with me. I'm happy that they've finally decided to have 256 GB of storage as an option, but that just won't cut it for me anymore.
Luckily rumors say the 6 pro will have 512gb. Can't wait...

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Luckily rumors say the 6 pro will have 512gb. Can't wait...
Yep! I'm finally excited about a Pixel again, although we'll see if I can get over the fact that I just bought a 512 GB Note 10+ a year and a half ago (along with already having my FLAC music on my 400 GB MicroSD card). I mostly can't stand Samsung's tweaks to Android, so things are definitely leaning towards the Pixel 6 Pro 512 GB's favor. I'm not sure what to expect out of the new Tensor CPU, so that makes me a little nervous.

D

Deleted member 3193942

Yep! I'm finally excited about a Pixel again, although we'll see if I can get over the fact that I just bought a 512 GB Note 10+ a year and a half ago (along with already having my FLAC music on my 400 GB MicroSD card). I mostly can't stand Samsung's tweaks to Android, so things are definitely leaning towards the Pixel 6 Pro 512 GB's favor. I'm not sure what to expect out of the new Tensor CPU, so that makes me a little nervous.

Same feeling about Samsung's "tweaks". I just put my S21 Ultra up for sale and went back to Pixel 5 for this very reason.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Same feeling about Samsung's "tweaks". I just put my S21 Ultra up for sale and went back to Pixel 5 for this very reason.
I know at this point I'm off-topic, but I'm glad I'm not alone. I loved my Galaxy S3 but that was a long time ago technology-wise, and for that matter the ROM I was using on the S3 was modified stock S3 to be more like stock Android. The Pixel/stock Android really spoiled me. I do wish Google would use MicroSD slots again - it's like they have an agreement with Samsung and/or others not to include MicroSD slots so that they're not too competitive.

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
Gary explains has a YouTube video about what you might expect. It's not a glowing review but he kind of lays it out there. I figure the way google optimized everything for their pixel phone, the SoC should be pretty competent.

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
Smart Watches
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Gary explains has a YouTube video about what you might expect. It's not a glowing review but he kind of lays it out there. I figure the way google optimized everything for their pixel phone, the SoC should be pretty competent.
Yeah I think he was a little harsh on it. It's not going to be the latest and greatest but if it matches the SD870 in performance like rumored it is more than enough for almost all smartphone users. Plus, in theory Google may be able to optimize the software even more now since this is a 'Google' chip they are in control of. I expect the experience to be butter. SD888 is a beast spec-wise but companies are having a hard time keeping it cool so it doesn't throttle. I'd rather have something a little less powerful that doesn't heat up and throttle as much. I wouldn't say it is in the mid-range tier like Gary said. I would say it is in the high-end tier just at the bottom of that tier. We aren't talking SD765 level or anything.

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
I believe this is their year! The time has come for BIG G to drop a device that can't be beat!! I'm a Pixel user now and have been for years. Love my 4XL! I hope and pray this is Google's year to make all others hide and sell the crap outa them!!! God knows they've had some setbacks and their fair share and then a lil more of mistakes. I believe this is it though. We shall see. 🙏🙏💯🔥🔥

Reactions: galaxys

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
And Google is screaming "look at us, we come with a brave design... LoOk At uS!" - and no matter if it makes sense or is just ugly af, they scream on and release.

Seriously, Pixels rock. I love Pixels, and I kept my Pixel 2 XL as long as I never had a device before. Unlocking, cooking, the nice hardware, that camera(-software) ... but that device design this time. LOL, gtfo.

The 4a (5G) and the 5 have a nice minimalistic design - IMO that's what a smartphone needs these days. Not that big fat camera bar thingy and those weird colors.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This phone is a massive 90° turn for google as much on the software side than the hardware.
    SO let me know:
    1- Are you excited for the GP6 Pro?
    2- Do you plan on buying it?
    3- What the feature, following the leaks and the I/O that you anticipate the most?

For me :
    1- YESSSSSS!!!!!!! (see the title)
    2- I'd love to, I'll wait though. I want to see the firsts feedbacks before buying one.
    3- To me, the whitechapel SoC really picked my interest a lot. It will either be a deception or a big nice surprise, don't disappoint me Google!
    Yep...I am. I hope the Pro version has a flat screen instead of a curved screen though.
    What are the key selling points/excitements? The new chipset? Camera? If the specs I see are correct, it's equal or behind most other current high performance devices even before it's released... And that camera hump...
    The appeal of the Pixel can't be summarized purely by comparing hardware stats, as the whole thing is software and hardware together to amass something larger than the sum of the parts. Even with the same sensor as some older handsets the photos from the Pixel are top of the line despite what the hardware info alone would tell you. I'm excited about the Pixel line finally not having a compromise like the battery, processor, screen size, or old camera sensors. They are finally giving it the hardware it deserves and that should make for a top notch device.
    1- I really am. I'd never been too excited for a Pixel before, Google never really seemed to be too deeply invested in the devices, not near as much as they are with the 6/6 Pro
    2- Yes!
    3- I love the new design, and to a need to fulfil my flashing addiction, I can be on the early end of releases :D
    Fyi, latest news: