Question So... Who's as excited as I am for this ?

Search This thread

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
I'm due for a new phone this year as I'm still rolling a 3 XL and it's long in the tooth. Google has been on a trend of underwhlming with their phone offerings. I doubt the p6 will be enough of an improvement. I've never owned an iphone but am considering it this time.

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Im a little less excited since the preliminary testing shows googles chip cant even match the snap 888 and sure wont match the 888 plus. That was with development firmware likely so hopefully this changes considerably.

It should exceed the 888 plus pending how they price the pro.
I think the Google processor is going to be handling operations differently than the snapdragon most of the benchmarks are designed for the Qualcomm chipset and the Tensor processor isn't accurately judged yet.

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Yeah Im hoping its something like that
Think of it this way, the human brain can process an incredible amount of information but works at a relatively slow speed compared to computer chips from 30 years ago. The Tensor is structured different with that dual main processor. That doubles the bandwidth of the amount of data that it can process. So a bit slower but double the amount.

Reactions: force70

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
Samsung Galaxy Watch
OnePlus 10 Pro
September 28, 2021 Android Authority rumored prices:
"The Google Pixel 6 price for Europe could be as low as €649 (~$758) if a new rumor report is accurate.
The Pixel 6 Pro may also be as low as €899 (~$1,050), according to the same report.
Some of the phones’ color names may be labeled as “carbon” and “fog” by Google."

blastroid

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco
September 28, 2021 Android Authority rumored prices:
"The Google Pixel 6 price for Europe could be as low as €649 (~$758) if a new rumor report is accurate.
The Pixel 6 Pro may also be as low as €899 (~$1,050), according to the same report.
Some of the phones’ color names may be labeled as “carbon” and “fog” by Google."
All that money I didn't spend on lockdown gonna blow it on a Pro. Because life is short and I want to have a kick ass phone with a great camera.

DeeStyles

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's just me, but I want a top of the line Pixel like the 6 Pro. But why do they have to have a curved screen? I like the fact the that 6 will have a flat screen but I want 120 Hz, I want the large screen and the extra camera. Is there something about curved screens I don't know that they are on every flagship aside from Apple phones? My Pixel 4 XL is bad enough that I can't find an edge to edge screen protector cause of the curves at the edge and any screen protector won't cover the whole display and misses a hair causing a rainbow effect. The Pixel 6 Pro is the phone for me outside of the curved display.

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Not sure if it's just me, but I want a top of the line Pixel like the 6 Pro. But why do they have to have a curved screen? I like the fact the that 6 will have a flat screen but I want 120 Hz, I want the large screen and the extra camera. Is there something about curved screens I don't know that they are on every flagship aside from Apple phones? My Pixel 4 XL is bad enough that I can't find an edge to edge screen protector cause of the curves at the edge and any screen protector won't cover the whole display and misses a hair causing a rainbow effect. The Pixel 6 Pro is the phone for me outside of the curved display.
It's something I can deal with. I've got a OnePlus 7 Pro that has a curved screen and I got used to it, a heavy duty case helps me. I'm ready to move back to Google. OnePlus isn't going in the direction I'm happy with and the pixel 6 Pro has much more going for it.

Reactions: galaxys

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm still rocking my Pixel 2XL, so I'm definitely ready for a major change. New screen, new deign, camera, OS... I'm very excited.

I'm definitely going to order it on day one since the pandemic has put a heavy strain on manufacturing lately. I don't wanna wait and then be disappointed; I'd rather be disappointed with a phone than not having one lol.

Idk too much about all the processors different manufacturers have used over the years, but I hope Google doesn't let us down with the Pro version and its hefty prce tag.

Ramme

Dec 19, 2017
OnePlus 8T
I hope that it will not have temperature problems like all Snapdragon processors. Then Snapdragon can have how much performance when it always gets warm in everyday use, which is really unpleasant.

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
Smart Watches
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I hope that it will not have temperature problems like all Snapdragon processors. Then Snapdragon can have how much performance when it always gets warm in everyday use, which is really unpleasant.
Yeah same here. I'd honestly rather have a slightly less powerful processor if heat is going to be an issue. Don't get me wrong if Google has it figured out in regards to cooling I am all for it though. Really unless you do a lot of gaming or video editing on your phone that much power isn't necessary. I currently have the SD865 and it is honestly more than enough for my daily use maybe even a little overkill. I would imagine most people game or edit video on purpose made PCs and anybody trying to do it on a mobile device is a small subset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This phone is a massive 90° turn for google as much on the software side than the hardware.
    SO let me know:
    1- Are you excited for the GP6 Pro?
    2- Do you plan on buying it?
    3- What the feature, following the leaks and the I/O that you anticipate the most?

For me :
    1- YESSSSSS!!!!!!! (see the title)
    2- I'd love to, I'll wait though. I want to see the firsts feedbacks before buying one.
    3- To me, the whitechapel SoC really picked my interest a lot. It will either be a deception or a big nice surprise, don't disappoint me Google!
    Yep...I am. I hope the Pro version has a flat screen instead of a curved screen though.
    What are the key selling points/excitements? The new chipset? Camera? If the specs I see are correct, it's equal or behind most other current high performance devices even before it's released... And that camera hump...
    The appeal of the Pixel can't be summarized purely by comparing hardware stats, as the whole thing is software and hardware together to amass something larger than the sum of the parts. Even with the same sensor as some older handsets the photos from the Pixel are top of the line despite what the hardware info alone would tell you. I'm excited about the Pixel line finally not having a compromise like the battery, processor, screen size, or old camera sensors. They are finally giving it the hardware it deserves and that should make for a top notch device.
    1- I really am. I'd never been too excited for a Pixel before, Google never really seemed to be too deeply invested in the devices, not near as much as they are with the 6/6 Pro
    2- Yes!
    3- I love the new design, and to a need to fulfil my flashing addiction, I can be on the early end of releases :D
    Fyi, latest news: