so who's switching to the new iphone in a month?

Search This thread

bigboyhf

Mar 15, 2008
New iphone??

Seems like 3G iphone is ready for delivery. I wonder if it has GPS as well. That could very well make it something to consider as an alternative to the Kaiser... I love my Kaiser, but my wife has an iphone and it does do certain things better. With Jailbreak, there are plenty of cool apps too. I even found a voice command app. Pretty much fill most of the gaps...

djshmack

Jun 8, 2007
I'll jump ship to the iphone if they update their browser to support flash. i'm still disappointed that after all this time (deepfish, opera 9.5 beta) their isnt a comparable browser out there for windows mobile. Opera mini is really good, but not as good as it could get

redbandana

Mar 16, 2008
Boston
Steve Jobs is going to have a press conference on monday 6/9 (which is today for some users). I hear that at&t were able to get him to commit to release the new iphone at $199.99 w/2 year contract.

redbandana

Mar 16, 2008
Boston
If that's true...I will certainly buy one for that price...for $200 you can't beat that.

inside info suggest that the device will start below current two year contract price or significantly less I received information that the device would be between 199.99-299.99. We will see in about 12 hrs if Jobs mentions pricing.

basilrsa

Jun 30, 2006
Boksburg
Steve Jobs is going to have a press conference on monday 6/9 (which is today for some users). I hear that at&t were able to get him to commit to release the new iphone at $199.99 w/2 year contract.

Vodacom which has the largest user base in South Africa has been granted the distribution rights for the Iphone. Vodacom is 50% owned by Vodafone and 50% by Telkom, the local fixed line operator.
We will be getting the gereration 2 version, but apart from it's 3G capabilities we will have to wait for the announcement today. Shipping will apparently start immediately.
The only down side here is that we do not have a Itunes Store so we cannot use that side of it's functionality.

Vodacom which has the largest user base in South Africa has been granted the distribution rights for the Iphone. Vodacom is 50% owned by Vodafone and 50% by Telkom, the local fixed line operator.
We will be getting the gereration 2 version, but apart from it's 3G capabilities we will have to wait for the announcement today. Shipping will apparently start immediately.
The only down side here is that we do not have a Itunes Store so we cannot use that side of it's functionality.

Howzit basilrsa,

Nice to know that there are other South Africans here!!!
I am not an iPhoney fan anyway, so I will wait for the TyTN III or the SE Xperia X1 maybe.

In the meantime my TyTN II ROCKS!!!

Again, good to meet you boet!!!

Regards,

MAC

vcespon

Dec 10, 2007
Madrid
WWDC starts at 10 AM PDT, we will get the final specifications then but sites like engadget say:

- It will be 3G (a given, any phone is nowadays)
- But it will not have a front-facing camera for videoconferencing (it seems that it's not a known thing in USA, so if USA does not want it, Apple does not include it)
- It will have GPS receiver (nothing surprising, adding GPS to a phone is only $5)
- No hardware keyboard, typing with finger on a 2.8" screen does not convince me
- As always, closed system, very vendor-centric, very few applications you can run there.

gsessons

Mar 29, 2007
I know this is a dumb question, but I rather ask then not know at all. Will the 3G IPhone be able to flash the Window 6.1 instead of there OS. I ask because I don't know if it was a Hoax or if it was for real.......I saw a Iphone that had the WM6 on it. This was a while ago that I saw it............

edit:
I looked more closely, it's not only a hoax it is a fake Iphone...........I'm sorry for this waste of space I just used up..

Attachments

• cool999-iphone-clone.jpg
    cool999-iphone-clone.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 80

wshader

Sep 24, 2007
Albany, NY
3g Iphone....

So 199 out July 11th... think it will be unlocked by then? If so might need to try it out, even though I hate apple with a passion.

gman8966

Jan 4, 2008
I'm thinking I'm going to try out that new iphone. If it sucks and I don't like it, I'm only out $200 and then I can most likely sell it on ebay for more than i paid...haha.

Rudegar

Retired Moderator
Jul 16, 2003
DK
i'd suspcect with
as apple cant get their cut of each mb downloaded if iphone3gs are sold without a contract

robosiris

Personally I still cringe inside regarding the Iphone. My next phone will be either a X1, HTC Touch Diamond Pro, or the Nokia N96 (can't go wrong with an internal 16GB + SD slot for additional memory + accelatometer(sp?). Variety and change is always good though.

sherpa

Jul 29, 2004
USA
I kinda wanted an iPhone but only if it had GPS...the new one does....hmmmm....let's see!!!