so who's switching to the new iphone in a month?

Search This thread

chococrazy

Sep 3, 2007
Houston
Actually 3g costs more than the normal iphone 40 bucks more for the cheapest plan to be exact (over a 2 year period) Because u have to sign up for a 2year contract. ill quote an article "If you give away a razr for free you can charge out of the nose for the blades."
Either way the iphone is the same as a brick with 3g written on the side they both are used to lift things up and can hold stuff down but cant do anything much more.

Alemaker

Oct 20, 2007
I agree but bluetooth stereo users are in the minority. I would guess because it requires an expensive purchase (compared to wired) of the headset. It also required you to keep the wireless headset charged. Then sometime you get skipping with the bluetooth.

:eek: Minority?
Cutting edge is more like it. Charging?? hmm, my Motorola BT headphones ROCK!! and charging them overnight is no problem. Skipping? hmm, there have been ppl complainig about that, but I for one never experience it.

No AD2P support is ridiculous, like I said in my post back on the 3rd or 4th page, woulda jumped ship cept no AD2P is a deal breaker. Tilt with a 8GB sd, AD2P, and GPS + 3G= no iPhone for me.

gman8966

Jan 4, 2008
I wonder if I get the new iphone since you have to have data. Will I be able to keep my kaiser and use the same sim to switch back and forth between the two?

robosiris

I wonder if I get the new iphone since you have to have data. Will I be able to keep my kaiser and use the same sim to switch back and forth between the two?

Possibly. I'm thinking of the scenerio that you enter an authorized AT&T store and activating it there. They may say that because the "Iphone" is not a PDA like the Kaiser), thus requiring a the $30/month Iphone data plan. This is what I'm speculating, but can totally envision them saying this you to increase their profits (and deplete your bank account, lol)

Blowfish64

Nov 25, 2006
I agree with Teammee. You can't really compare .... it's like comparing cooked roms for the Kaiser.

Of course you can compare. That's what you HAVE to do when you decide whether you want to get one or the other, unless of course you have tons of cash lying around and want to get both. All this apples to oranges thing is just trying to avoid the issue.

Personally, I find the new iPhone rather tempting, but then again I haven't tried it out yet. The biggest plus for me is the screen. I'm tired of Windows Mobile devices' lame, itsy-bitsy teenie-weenie screens. But I do like the customizability of WM. So I'll have to see.

It's a shame so many people are so close-minded and polarized. Anyone who likes the iPhone is an Apple fanboy or only wants the phone to look "cool". That's just ignorant. And what is up with not buying from a company just because they're too popular? I'm never buying from HTC again because they screwed us over with the lack of video drivers, not because I want to be "cooler". People can bash Apple all they like and in many instances it's deserved, but some people here are just as obnoxious about their HTC-fanboyism as Apple lovers are. Don't you think MAYBE someone might actually want an iPhone because they're tired of crashes, lockups, lagginess, conflicts, sucky battery life, being spit on by the manufacturer, etc. etc. etc.? and the things they sacrifice by switching might be worth it to them?

robosiris

Of course you can compare. That's what you HAVE to do when you decide whether you want to get one or the other, unless of course you have tons of cash lying around and want to get both. All this apples to oranges thing is just trying to avoid the issue.

Personally, I find the new iPhone rather tempting, but then again I haven't tried it out yet. The biggest plus for me is the screen. I'm tired of Windows Mobile devices' lame, itsy-bitsy teenie-weenie screens. But I do like the customizability of WM. So I'll have to see.

It's a shame so many people are so close-minded and polarized. Anyone who likes the iPhone is an Apple fanboy or only wants the phone to look "cool". That's just ignorant. And what is up with not buying from a company just because they're too popular? I'm never buying from HTC again because they screwed us over with the lack of video drivers, not because I want to be "cooler". People can bash Apple all they like and in many instances it's deserved, but some people here are just as obnoxious about their HTC-fanboyism as Apple lovers are. Don't you think MAYBE someone might actually want an iPhone because they're tired of crashes, lockups, lagginess, conflicts, sucky battery life, being spit on by the manufacturer, etc. etc. etc.? and the things they sacrifice by switching might be worth it to them?

To me, it's very subjective. I agree with you as well. I don't dislike the Iphone, nor am I a die hard HTC fan (due to the lack of support, etc). My next device is probably going to be the Nokia N96. One thing I praise about Apple for is the ton of support, updates, etc they provide. Plus, Apple definitely knows how to market their products.

DeniaL

Jun 21, 2006
Woodland Hills, CA
As much as it pains me to say this, I think I am going to switch...once I see the exact options for the phone. $199 but what internal memory? 4gb, 8gb, 16gb??? They have a 32gb ipod touch right? So, depending on that I may do it. The three things I was waiting for the iPhone to have they now do. 3G, GPS, Exchange (activesync support) and SDK (3rd party apps). I'm not gonna jump the band waggon right away, but it's looking like it....kinda scary lol! Just to throw in some FYI as far as my decision. My girlfriend has an iPhone and everytime I use it I am AMAZED at how smooth and fast everything reacts. My tilt is hard to type on the keyboard quickly because the damn device is too slow. Never had that issue on her iPhone. Once TomTom or equivalent comes out, iPhone here I come!

Where'd you read about TomTom releasing an iPhone version?

senko.jin

Oct 22, 2007
iphone use the Marvell PXA 320 (ARM1176JZF) cpu.
the core is scalable to 800 MHz
it´s underclocked to 620 to save battery.

here you can see how the iphone is build up:
iPhone-Prozessor-ARM,Q-H-37241-15.jpg

If this is the case, how come pdadb.net says iPhone 3G uses Samsung S5L8900.

I'm thinking of switching to iPhone since my Tilt starts to frustrate me.

All I need is an almost all-in-one device that I don't need to modify for almost three to six hours a day just to make it useful/convenient for me.

Once I see the full pricing structure and it's not a rip-off as seen lately, verify that Tomtom made a software for it's GPS and somebody make a finance software ala SPB Finance, I'm in. :eek:

slovoflud

Mar 3, 2008
well guys, you only discuss raw numbers. IMHO you have to look at the whole "experience" of using a phone. what you see when you switch it on, what buttons you press to get what you want, and how you press them. How is the information presented to you, how readible is it, how options are presented to you.

if you take Browsers, for example, I use Firefox, not IE, not because everytime i click on a link i think to myself "man, this is waaay safer than IE". no. it's because it's much more pleasurable to use Firefox in my opinion.

Things like GPS, 3G, AD2P are very specific. not everybody use them, not everyone needs them. (i, for one, use neither of those features except GPS sometimes, mainly for fun)

I'm not for WM nor Apple. I really wish Android gets ported soon. But don't just say iPhone is crap, because it hasn't got everything Kaiser has. It beats Kaiser (or any other WM phone for that matter) hands down, when it comes to "user Experiense"

Last edited:

Tupac_Shakur

Jul 15, 2007
Mod Edit: I'll not officially warn you this time due to your frustration but cool the language please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Language please....go with some other company lol. No other company will be better than HTC in the field of PPC. At least not for another year or so. Crappy devices? Who's fault was it to buy the first Diamond? Just like those stupid iPhone customers that bought the first ones and complained and complained about how buggy and horrible it was. I mean did you SERIOUSLY expect the HTC Diamond to be perfect? All devices released first time have bugs. Even the iPhone 2 will be buggy when released and people will complain and complain even though it's THEIR fault for buying it >.> but yeah. To each his own.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol

This is an HTC "Fanboy" site, so I doubt many people will agree with you...

And, the iPhones I've used crash far more than my Prophet, break, and are kinda crap all round... Also, don't you think the completely closed development for the iPhone, and Apples attempts to lock down jail broken devices is a bit like being "spat on by the manufacturer"?

Also, Apple have a single device, so they can devote all there time and money with that device, hence why it may have fewer issues, but, HTC have a variety of devices, for different consumer markets, and the latest devices (Diamond, Raphael etc) all have drivers.

amik5

Mar 30, 2008
Changing to Iphone? no way!!!!!
The Iphone is cheaper though, but it has no GPS, no camera, and no turbo accelerated 3G. The software on the Iphone is also much less flexible, I would really like to see softwares like emulators and windows mobile work on the phone. I bought the phone, but I was unable to get neither of it.

The preformance on the HTC Kaiser has by the way increased a lot thanks many developers on this forum. Most of the stuttering and lagg that originally existed on my phone is now gone.

amik5

Mar 30, 2008
Soooo, the iPhone has got 3G and GPS, oooooooh, what a novelty, I had never seen a phone with 3G :D. True
Soooo, $200 is with a contract, how much is it untied to a phone operator? I don't know if you can do that yet, they are saying you have to get a 2 year or no dice.
Soooo, 2 MP camera, no autofocus. Humm, I think I know phones with better camera. I have used the iPhones 2 mp and it works much better than the Tilts camera (yes I have the camera fix installed)
Soooo, is there a library of tens of thousands of programs for that OS that you can download and install clicking a cab without having to hack the OS? It is growing, it is not as large yet but there are a lot of people working on it.
Soooo, Can you flash another ROM if you find one better? Not yet, the hackers have to get the phone before they can jailbreak it.
Soooo, Does it run Skype? There is a VOIP program, can't remember the name.
Soooo, What GPS mapping software runs there? Google maps is not good for everyone, some people does not have infinite MB free to download maps on the go. TomTom is releasing an app for iPhone.
Soooo, Can you open PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, CHM files there? Some people use the device to handle information, not just to download music from iTunes I don't know about CHM but they announced it can handle all of the others you listed.
Soooo, no Internet sharing? Are you telling me that I cannot connect my laptop though the phone? Someone will write an app to do this soon enough.
Soooo, no MMS? Hell people, the World is much more than Cuppertino, California. The fact that people on USA did not use SMS until very recently, and are unaware of the existence of MMS and videocall, does not mean that the rest of the World is in the stone age too. I don't think they said no MMS anywhere. How many video calls do you truly make?

Actually, when it comes to camera, the Kaiser takes much better pictures. And internet works many times faster, plus that the Iphone doesn't have GPS. The Iphone developers were talking about having gps for their phone, but it lacks too much hardware and software in order to make it possible (see http://www.gpsreview.net/apple-iphone-gps/). Though whats acutally true is that the 32 gb version is coming.

Last edited:

teammee

Apr 14, 2008

I think that you misunderstood the statement... in term of buying a similar product of course you have to compare it... but the way you make a comparison is different.. I mean, if you decide whether you want to buy Kaiser or Eten M800, you should make a comparison of the spec... because both can do the same thing...

but Iphone is different... for example, if you need a device that can do some office things like doing some works in office application, or using push mail, IPhone is not an option... but if you only use it as a multimedia phone, maybe it is the right choice for you...

you got what i mean?

It's a shame so many people are so close-minded and polarized. Anyone who likes the iPhone is an Apple fanboy or only wants the phone to look "cool".
maybe you are not like that... but IMHO as a general it is like that... IPhone equal with a lifestyle... just like IPod...
and really... IPhone has a better image for most of the people... maybe because of the have a brilliant marketing team... and indeed Steve Jobs is brilliant...

Don't you think MAYBE someone might actually want an iPhone because they're tired of crashes, lockups, lagginess, conflicts, sucky battery life, being spit on by the manufacturer, etc. etc. etc.? and the things they sacrifice by switching might be worth it to them?
it is again, back to your choice... for some people here, they don't use their phone only as a phone... but also as a toys to play, to customized, or even to brick... ;)...
buying IPhone is the same like buying a symbian product... means very small customization available...
also about battery life... this is one issue.. no matter how good the battery in IPhone.. if it is not good anymore you have to send it to them.. and you will end up having no phone during the process...

anyway... I don't say that IPhone is not good... but it just not suitable for my needs... moreover, I am not against Apple... I love apple macbook... infact I'm typing this using my macbookpro...

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus

The iPhone ships with a SIM card already inserted, and that is the one you are forced to use with it (unless you jailbreak it and switch carriers). The 3G iPhone may be $199 to buy, but the rate plans are going to be more expensive then the current ones.

Cell minutes will probably be the same price, but unlimited data will increase to $30 ($40 if your phone is on a business account). However, at least original iPhone owners won't get screwed on the new prices... People who upgrade will have their current plans grandfathered over to the new 3G model.

KD8DNS

Jan 30, 2008
On a cell tower
IMO, I have never been one to follow trend, I do my own thing. It utterly floors me to see the vast amounts of people waiting 2-3 days in line to get the iphone. I can litterally have ANY phone from AT&T for free, I use the tilt, And will continue to to do so unless another winmo device gets picked up like the X1.
I guess my dislike for the iphone rests in the fact its not a customizable device. I had one for 3-4 months and it was like apple still owned it, not me.
and for anyone that has used/owned you catch my drift.

The sdk is bullsh*t, you should be able to put 3rd party apps on it without ANY modification, it's concidered a PDA therefor it should act like one. There are also some underlying technical problems with the way the device communicates with the 3g network. I obviously cant go into detail on this thus far.

With the above being said it will be very interesting to see how pissed off people will be at release when the (for example) tilt connects to 3g and a iphone sitting right next to it does not:D (dont tell anybody i said that).
And anybody that knows my profession, knows that this is credible.

So in closing, if your one of the ones that is going to wait in line to get iphone2, i would reccomend waiting. Yes the user interface is user friendly, but at this point THATS IT!!! The phone has always sucked and will continue to suck.

OHHH, and im sure p1tater will be first in line, LMFAO, sorry bud had to do it.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
IMO, I have never been one to follow trend, I do my own thing. It utterly floors me to see the vast amounts of people waiting 2-3 days in line to get the iphone. I can litterally have ANY phone from AT&T for free, I use the tilt, And will continue to to do so unless another winmo device gets picked up like the X1.
I guess my dislike for the iphone rests in the fact its not a customizable device. I had one for 3-4 months and it was like apple still owned it, not me.
and for anyone that has used/owned you catch my drift.

The sdk is bullsh*t, you should be able to put 3rd party apps on it without ANY modification, it's concidered a PDA therefor it should act like one. There are also some underlying technical problems with the way the device communicates with the 3g network. I obviously cant go into detail on this thus far.

With the above being said it will be very interesting to see how pissed off people will be at release when the (for example) tilt connects to 3g and a iphone sitting right next to it does not:D (dont tell anybody i said that).
And anybody that knows my profession, knows that this is credible.

So in closing, if your one of the ones that is going to wait in line to get iphone2, i would reccomend waiting. Yes the user interface is user friendly, but at this point THATS IT!!! The phone has always sucked and will continue to suck.

OHHH, and im sure p1tater will be first in line, LMFAO, sorry bud had to do it.
Interesting point of view from someone "in the know" although, even without the problems you state, it still does nothing compared to the Tilt, and all the "revolutions" have already been implemented in other devices...

Exactly!

the iPhone is for Guys/Gals who have keep up in being "stylish".
As are all Apple Products.

i this and i that.......still no pic txting.....HSDPA is way better (igarbage = HSDPA 3.6 vurses our 7.2!....not to mention no SLINGBOX!

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/at...116563-iphone-3g-cometh-2008-06-10_174739.jpg

The Tilt is by far the most suited for me. Word, PDF, Excel and PPT files I use everyday and being in printing I have converted so many damn Vista files on my phone vs on our XP computers in the office.

IMO (like said before) the only compelling argument ifruits have is that even if your the ugliest person on the street when you pull that phone out you look more stylish = SO!

Not to mention reading the apple forum makes me laugh......there even more noobish than some peeps here!

Again all in my own opinion......No Sling.....no Bluetooth???? WTF?

Last edited: