• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

So you got your new 5G device, seems faster....

Search This thread
I've been wondering how it could be that T-mo could get such an extensive 5G network up so quickly? Then today while perusing through my phone I came across this sweet little nugget.

Screenshot_fakein-it-hardcore.jpg

This explains the slowing of older 4G devices on T-mo's network. They're just pushing more bandwidth over 4G to "special devices" and making a grip on suckers like us buying into "5G". Same thing ATT did with an icon change, but ours is baked in. 🥒 👉 🙇‍♂️

Reactions: BTK19

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
I've been wondering how it could be that T-mo could get such an extensive 5G network up so quickly? Then today while perusing through my phone I came across this sweet little nugget.

This explains the slowing of older 4G devices on T-mo's network. They're just pushing more bandwidth over 4G to "special devices" and making a grip on suckers like us buying into "5G". Same thing ATT did with an icon change, but ours is baked in. 🥒 👉 🙇‍♂️
It only shows true when 5g data is being actively used.
It only registers it when in active use because of the fact that 4g is the default default when it comes to most phone functions.
Texting, phone calls, mms all go through 4g.

You can also verify that whole deal through my LTE configuration in the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720-191819.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-191819.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_fakein-it-hardcore.jpg

Someone doesn't seem to know how NSA works. Your screenshot even shows NR-RSRP with NR-SNR.