So you want your stock themes to work?

Search This thread

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
So after owning g2 on att..we had same issue. Please disregard if its been posted. If you didn't know already here you go. This does not require root.

1. Go to the market. Download Launcher Pro
2. Don't open it. We're using it for a huge benefit it's always left a back door open for us devs..
3. Press on empty home screen to bring up widgets.
4. Scroll to find the activities in form of launcher pro icon
5. Press on It once It will bring up a huge hidden menu..
6. Scroll down to Home
7. Press home and scroll down to hidden menu themes provider (or the first hidden menu themes etc you see)
8. Press it once.
If you did this in the correct order it will bring a nice sweet blue icon on your home screen ..you can put it in a folder but keep it. Press on it to now have your theme picker.
9. Google LG world apk..download It and now enjoy your themes etc..

I hope this made you smile.
Peace.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

durandetto

Jan 11, 2010
Hartland, MI
Any chance for problems if rooted and modified with g3 tweaksbox? I was going to apply a theme, but don't want issues from the changes I made with xposed.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

engine95

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Any chance for problems if rooted and modified with g3 tweaksbox? I was going to apply a theme, but don't want issues from the changes I made with xposed.

Gave it a shot and yes it does work with exposed. No issues yet.
If I remember right, it's the first "Theme" that shows up in that menu. It's not what the OP called it.

Last edited:
Reactions: durandetto

thunderwagn

Sep 26, 2010
Loveland, Colorado
What themes are you talking about? I mean, you don't mean any cm themes do you.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Lg has themes available similar to like what Miui has but nowhere near as good. Most are pretty lame actually... probably why they dropped them from US varients, but there's a work around.
This topic should have probably been placed in the Themes and Apps forum, but here is some more detailed info on the subject.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2822847

I've tried a few. One for the g2 locked my phone up hard and made it totally unresponsive. Theme did stick after a battery pull and was fair at best. It was interesting to play around with for a bit but like i said, most are pretty weak.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: aheeejd

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
If I remember right, it's the first "Theme" that shows up in that menu. It's not what the OP called it.

Correction duly noted. Thank you. I posted off top of my head. I thought it said what I posted. But important thing is the process is quite painless.

Sent from rotary technology Phone

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Lg has themes available similar to like what Miui has but nowhere near as good. Most are pretty lame actually... probably why they dropped them from US varients, but there's a work around.
This topic should have probably been placed in the Themes and Apps forum, but here is some more detailed info on the subject.

I've tried a few. One for the g2 locked my phone up hard and made it totally unresponsive. Theme did stick after a battery pull and was fair at best. It was interesting to play around with for a bit but like i said, most are pretty weak.

I also add this is for version of sprint that does have the theme apk or home themes hidden. I don't know why. But this does not require root and is for stock Rom. Or out of box fix. Yes it can be moved to themes and apps if mods feel I've posted in error. Again just trying to help keep this sprint version level with the experience of the rest. The stock themes do suck. But the option is also great to have. Peace. And thank you all for your help.

Reactions: thunderwagn

thunderwagn

Sep 26, 2010
Loveland, Colorado
I also add this is for version of sprint that does have the theme apk or home themes hidden. I don't know why. But this does not require root and is for stock Rom. Or out of box fix. Yes it can be moved to themes and apps if mods feel I've posted in error. Again just trying to help keep this sprint version level with the experience of the rest. The stock themes do suck. But the option is also great to have. Peace. And thank you all for your help.

Hope my post didn't come across as snotty. It wasn't my intent if it did ? and thanks for getting this over to the Sprint forums.
I agree, it's a cool option to have. This type of stuff is always fun to tinker with.

Reactions: Droid2drummer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So after owning g2 on att..we had same issue. Please disregard if its been posted. If you didn't know already here you go. This does not require root.

1. Go to the market. Download Launcher Pro
    2. Don't open it. We're using it for a huge benefit it's always left a back door open for us devs..
    3. Press on empty home screen to bring up widgets.
    4. Scroll to find the activities in form of launcher pro icon
    5. Press on It once It will bring up a huge hidden menu..
    6. Scroll down to Home
    7. Press home and scroll down to hidden menu themes provider (or the first hidden menu themes etc you see)
    8. Press it once.
    If you did this in the correct order it will bring a nice sweet blue icon on your home screen ..you can put it in a folder but keep it. Press on it to now have your theme picker.
    9. Google LG world apk..download It and now enjoy your themes etc..

I hope this made you smile.
    Peace.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

What themes are you talking about? I mean, you don't mean any cm themes do you.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Hope my post didn't come across as snotty. It wasn't my intent if it did ? and thanks for getting this over to the Sprint forums.
    I agree, it's a cool option to have. This type of stuff is always fun to tinker with.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone