• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SODP][ROM][AOSP][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] SonyAOSP 11 [BETA]

Search This thread

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
How do I boot the newest stock on both slots?

Ok, then I'll go with LineageOS for now, and migrate to this AOSP ROM when the camera and battery issues are resolved. The VoLTE and VoWiFi probably won't work here in Ecuador until 2030 anyways, so I'm not concerned about those.

There are open source Qualcomm drivers now!?!? That might be the most exciting news I've heard this month.

Thanks for your detailed replies :)
Newflasher and switching slots via fastboot

No, but after sodp finished the mainline kernel for the xz2 there will be mostly no closed source.
But don't expect the kernel in stock based roms like LineageOS.
They will stay on kernel 4.9 with all of the kernel modules and closed source blobs.

You're welcome. :)

zhka

Nov 12, 2010
On latest build r43 with latest oem v7 - when system boots, 15sec after appears message about factory reset and phone restarts to recovery (?) with offering make wipe. After wiping, again - boots > message > restart...

zhka

Nov 12, 2010
But maybe in this case it's issue on my side, who knows... and when you'll compile your rom it will work :)
There were accidents before.

zhka

Nov 12, 2010
Strange, I tried x2 before and there was issue like mentioned above. But after third install all seems fine.
Update: No restarts if phone connected to pc over usb cable :D If disconnected - restart as a result.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
But maybe in this case it's issue on my side, who knows... and when you'll compile your rom it will work :)
There were accidents before.

Strange, I tried x2 before and there was issue like mentioned above. But after third install all seems fine.
Update: No restarts if phone connected to pc over usb cable :D If disconnected - restart as a result.

Oh yes, it will work if I compile it, because thanks to your report it got fixed :D

Yes, to ease debugging it won't crash with a connected USB cable :)

• Haha
Reactions: zhka

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io

Attachments

• 20210310-181457-schlauchlord-id4439216.jpg
    20210310-181457-schlauchlord-id4439216.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD
    yes RAW is working, but if your goal is for gcam and such then there's no fully working gcam yet. Most likely need different port for our device.
    open camera works, but there's still focus issue, and the image quality in general is just better in stock / stock based rom.

just letting you know in case that's one of your goal for achieving RAW support.
    Yes, the autofocus should be deactivated, if you focus manually, you get way better quality results.

And about the gcam issue, we need more fixes in the camera driver, there is this issue ticket in the bug tracker where the sony employee (camera driver developer) is reacting to.
    I think there won't by any new build by me for this ROM (going EOL).

Android 12 comes this month and there should me no new 11 release in the AOSP repos to sync with.

So I'll create a new topic with SODP AOSP 12 after it's ready (first A12 OEM image released or if the A11 OEM image is compatible).
    Still waiting for Android 12 SODP release...
    Go help the team and make the devices compatible.
    A bird twittered to me, that we got a booted 5.14 mainline kernel on the xz2.
    Now features like usb, sdcard, etc gets added.
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    The august release will be delayed to match OEMv6 with its new adreno drivers.
    android-11.0.0_r43 (September security patchlevel)
    OEMv7 support
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD