• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SODP][ROM][AOSP][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] SonyAOSP 11 [BETA]

Search This thread

Danj1

Nov 17, 2015
My compiled rom after system boots goes to factory reset.

Same here. I can get across this when I fastboot -w to clean userdata. On system start com.android.phone force closes but system runs properly. If I add sim card it restarts itself and suggests to do a factory reset.
Latest opengapps (2021-09-17-pico) and dualsim-patcher-v4 is applied after rom install.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
My compiled rom after system boots goes to factory reset.

Same here, but I be able to boot properly if I don't flash gapps, magisk, or probably twrp too.

Just flash rom, disconnect from pc and boot system :) Without installing gapps, magisk or twrp.
Is there no restart issue then?

Ya, but I don't want have phone without gapps for now. Because almost every apps I needed is need a GMS

Same here. I can get across this when I fastboot -w to clean userdata. On system start com.android.phone force closes but system runs properly. If I add sim card it restarts itself and suggests to do a factory reset.
Latest opengapps (2021-09-17-pico) and dualsim-patcher-v4 is applied after rom install.

Gib logs or open an issue ticket.

Danj1

Nov 17, 2015
Can not reproduce atm. Now it starts normally but SIM service does not come up properly.

Logcat attached.

Attachments

• logcat.txt.gz
    505.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I did this on my XZ2 compact DualSIM:
  • newflasher with H8324_Customized_DE.1.A.3.49-R3C (wrote to both slots)
  • Booted and installed updates. (Might have forgotten one slot, but baseband version is the same on both.)
  • fastboot flash oem_a SW-binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v7.tama.img
  • fastboot flash oem_b SW-binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v7.tama.img
  • With 2021-03-02_17-09-00-twrp_apollo (Or maybe one extra turn with 2020-06-14_21-07-37_twrp_apollo_stock - I don't remember, nut it was sodp in the end):
    • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    • fastboot boot apollo-twrp.img
  • Installed aosp-11.0-20210917_aosp_h8314.zip
  • Installed sony-dualsim-patcher-v4.zip
  • Installed the recovery image
  • (repeated with the other slot)
  • booted AOSP, checked baseband version (double entry, see above)
  • booted TWRP, installed magisk
  • booted AOSP, set up WiFi, installed LSPosed via magisk
  • rebooted, installed XPrivacyLUA from apk
  • rebooted
Then, out of nowhere: Factory reset. :oops:

There's no way to boot AOSP anymore now. Tried a wipe, with TWRP and fastboot -w, but no success.

I think, I'll try the last AOSP 10 build with SW_binaries from before the release date. A11 just doesn't look stable yet.

a shor rant:
Why on earth does such thing as an *automatic* factory reset even exist? I mean, seriously, are we doing this to get control over our hardware? Because if not, I might just give up my fight for a more secure and more privacy friendly android phone and keep the stock ROM. Damn, this irritates me much more than any other bug since Android 4.
/rant

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
I'm currently redoing the process and will send logcat asap.

I don't think they didn't see posts/mentions in closed ticket, new log was attached in it.

Can not reproduce atm. Now it starts normally but SIM service does not come up properly.

Logcat attached.

I did this on my XZ2 compact DualSIM:
  • newflasher with H8324_Customized_DE.1.A.3.49-R3C (wrote to both slots)
  • Booted and installed updates. (Might have forgotten one slot, but baseband version is the same on both.)
  • fastboot flash oem_a SW-binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v7.tama.img
  • fastboot flash oem_b SW-binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v7.tama.img
  • With 2021-03-02_17-09-00-twrp_apollo (Or maybe one extra turn with 2020-06-14_21-07-37_twrp_apollo_stock - I don't remember, nut it was sodp in the end):
    • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    • fastboot boot apollo-twrp.img
  • Installed aosp-11.0-20210917_aosp_h8314.zip
  • Installed sony-dualsim-patcher-v4.zip
  • Installed the recovery image
  • (repeated with the other slot)
  • booted AOSP, checked baseband version (double entry, see above)
  • booted TWRP, installed magisk
  • booted AOSP, set up WiFi, installed LSPosed via magisk
  • rebooted, installed XPrivacyLUA from apk
  • rebooted
Then, out of nowhere: Factory reset. :oops:

There's no way to boot AOSP anymore now. Tried a wipe, with TWRP and fastboot -w, but no success.

I think, I'll try the last AOSP 10 build with SW_binaries from before the release date. A11 just doesn't look stable yet.

a shor rant:
Why on earth does such thing as an *automatic* factory reset even exist? I mean, seriously, are we doing this to get control over our hardware? Because if not, I might just give up my fight for a more secure and more privacy friendly android phone and keep the stock ROM. Damn, this irritates me much more than any other bug since Android 4.
/rant
Thank you for the logs.
We need to wait for
getting merged.

So we need to use the previous builds for now.
I'll delete the newest builds from the servers.

But only for the error
AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invokeOemRilRequestRaw failed with rc = -2
If your crash is caused by a different error, please report it.

@xperinaut
You just got bad luck.
The previous releases were fine.

mielletseed

Nov 2, 2013
Thank you for the logs.
We need to wait for
getting merged.

So we need to use the previous builds for now.
I'll delete the newest builds from the servers.

But only for the error
AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invokeOemRilRequestRaw failed with rc = -2
If your crash is caused by a different error, please report it.

@xperinaut
You just got bad luck.
The previous releases were fine.
But even with the August's build my device isn't booting up, has the data been corrupted?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Revoked the r43 buiild because of error

We need to wait until the following PRs get merged

mielletseed

Nov 2, 2013
What do you mean?
Upgrading from July to August was fine and using a fresh wiped phone with august was fine too.
(OEMv6)
I mean that I installed September's build and had the "factory reset issue" but even after reverting to August's build my device isn't booting up...
So the data has been corrupted and I have to perform a clean install including data wipe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work to those involved in getting this upstreamed (although there's a scary bit about a UFS issue that could render the device dead).
    Yes

Btw every Xperia with UFS storage has this UFS bug needing a kernel hack.
    Only the new Xperia 1 III seems to have a properly formatted UFS storage.
    And we can't fix it, since this means to format the entire UFS with the bootloader on it.
    So the hack is in stock, sodp and later in mainline for affected devices.
    @MartinX3 Wow, talk about a factory defect that affects several generations of Xperias, and that needs a workaround nonetheless. One wonders how could this have slipped QA under the "watchful" eyes of their engineers. 🙄
    The UFS flash storage just got formatted in a way the kernel think by default it's garbarge which needs to be formatted first.
    But with the Sony kernel fix the kernel see that it's already a perfect formatted storage.
    So with the kernel fix you can't kill your device.
    I don't know why they formatted it in a way which is not supported by default in the Linux kernel, but only a kid would drop this patch in a kernel port.
    So we're save :D
    btw why camera issue on our xperia xz2 even api2 is lvl 3 supported,no gcam
    working,,can u please share working gcam?
    There is an issue ticket about gcam support.
    The latest changes are made after OEMv7 if I remember correctly.
    So we need to wait for the A12 OEM.
    I'm excited for kernel 4.19 and the new OEM for A12 😁
    A bird twittered to me, that we got a booted 5.14 mainline kernel on the xz2.
    Now features like usb, sdcard, etc gets added.
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    The august release will be delayed to match OEMv6 with its new adreno drivers.
    android-11.0.0_r43 (September security patchlevel)
    OEMv7 support
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD