• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SODP][ROM][AOSP][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] SonyAOSP 11 [BETA]

Search This thread

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Reactions: hibikase

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
I mean that I installed September's build and had the "factory reset issue" but even after reverting to August's build my device isn't booting up...
So the data has been corrupted and I have to perform a clean install including data wipe?
A downgrade is not possible, sadly. And i can only start building this evening, after I came home.
Try to flash to stock first and boot up once. Then start from the first step.
That's only needed once in a phone life on both slots (including the boot into the app screen to update the modem) with the newest stock firmware.
(If we would still get stock updates, we would need to do it monthly)

Playing with the august version of AOSP 11 now. Got the dreaded "factory reset" message once again. (Might be related to TWRP, or Magisk, not sure yet.)

The A/B scheme can causes confusion so I started to make notes about what is installed in what slot... :coffee:

After the "factory reset" message it's impossible to boot anything except TWRP. No kind of wipe would help. After I reinstalled AOSP I ran the AOSP recovery's reset and could boot again. After that I can even change the slot and launch TWRP. I assume AOSP wants it's own recovery to actually perform the factory reset. (Maybe it sets an unknown flag?)

I just let the phone sit for a while, then installed Riru. No reset yet,

Anyway, the installation script comlained about permissive SElinux. Hmm. :cautious: How's that? I never set it to permissive.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Playing with the august version of AOSP 11 now. Got the dreaded "factory reset" message once again. (Might be related to TWRP, or Magisk, not sure yet.)

The A/B scheme can causes confusion so I started to make notes about what is installed in what slot... :coffee:

After the "factory reset" message it's impossible to boot anything except TWRP. No kind of wipe would help. After I reinstalled AOSP I ran the AOSP recovery's reset and could boot again. After that I can even change the slot and launch TWRP. I assume AOSP wants it's own recovery to actually perform the factory reset. (Maybe it sets an unknown flag?)

I just let the phone sit for a while, then installed Riru. No reset yet,

Anyway, the installation script comlained about permissive SElinux. Hmm. :cautious: How's that? I never set it to permissive.
The problematic commit got merged 9 days ago, the august build is older, so probably you confused yourself.
Flashing an OTA zip a recovery also switches slots automatically.

About A/B, the only this you need to do is putting the newest stock on both slots and booting it to the app screen.
Since we don't get monthly stock updates anymore you only need to do it once in your phones life.

fastboot -w also does a full wipe.

As far as I know currently we've got permissive, because we're missing selinux rules.

fastboot -w also does a full wipe.
Yep, that didn't help.

It's possible I accidentally installed the september build in one slot. No unwanted resets yet...

As far as I know currently we've got permissive, because we're missing selinux rules.
That sounds terribly dangerous. The message said that without SELinux every app would be able to lift itself to user 0, i.e. root privileges, but I assume that's an exaggeration, right? I mean, the Android security model doesn't solely rely on SELinux, or does it?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Yep, that didn't help.

It's possible I accidentally installed the september build in one slot. No unwanted resets yet...

That sounds terribly dangerous. The message said that without SELinux every app would be able to lift itself to user 0, i.e. root privileges, but I assume that's an exaggeration, right? I mean, the Android security model doesn't solely rely on SELinux, or does it?
Yes, as log as you install software from the store, you're fine.
The app permission model prevents the app from using phone features.
Of course the selinux rules will be added, too.
Currently every deny gets logged in the logcat.
Someone would need to filter the bad denies out (like happening from magisk) and generate rules from the good denies with the converter app and open a pr in the sodp sepolicy repo. :)
Gee, I really want to kill the stupid Google search bar. 🪓
Google removed the ability in aosp 11

@MartinX3
There's file lineage-17.1-20200713-UNOFFICIAL-apollo.zip in your androidfilehost folder. Is that build any different from LineageOS builds from the Lineage OS website? You wrote something about cherry picking and OEM drivers...? Will there ever be an A11 version?

(I know, this is the AOSP-Thread, but I couldn't find anything about the LineageOS build in this category.)

Edit: Found this thread.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
@MartinX3
There's file lineage-17.1-20200713-UNOFFICIAL-apollo.zip in your androidfilehost folder. Is that build any different from LineageOS builds from the Lineage OS website? You wrote something about cherry picking and OEM drivers...? Will there ever be an A11 version?

(I know, this is the AOSP-Thread, but I couldn't find anything about the LineageOS build in this category.)

Edit: Found this thread.
Yes, I stopped it, since there is already an official LOS which uses automated build servers to release frequently OTA updates.

I look forward for arrowOS.

you probably didn't flash the newest stock rom on both slots and booted it into the app screen.

activate root in the developer settings.
Actually, I went through the whole process from start yesterday including a full reset to stock FW with newflash, boot, some updates, oem-Images and so on. Does any of that reset the baseband version? Or is baseband info stored in the modem?

Aynway, I updated at least one slot for sure. I just botted and checked the other. Both slots have the same version. The difference is only in the last numbers, so maybe it's a country code or something. Can anyone confirm prodQ-0052-00 845-sdm845.gen.prodQ-0052-00 is the newest for Germany?

Concerning the adb root problem: I can su in an adb shell. The reason why adb root doesn't work is most probably a change in the props which is caused by a Magisk module I activated to pass SafetyNet. (Not yet successful with that.) See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25477424/adb-shell-su-works-but-adb-root-does-not
I have not yet checked if disabling the module turns the props back (probably not nope, doesn't), but as I can just su, I'm happy for now I think... I hope...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD
    The commit got merged, it's time for a new build. (And offline charging works now, if it didn't work for you in the past)
    android-11.0.0_r43 (September security patchlevel)
    OEMv7 support
    yes RAW is working, but if your goal is for gcam and such then there's no fully working gcam yet. Most likely need different port for our device.
    open camera works, but there's still focus issue, and the image quality in general is just better in stock / stock based rom.

just letting you know in case that's one of your goal for achieving RAW support.
    Yes, the autofocus should be deactivated, if you focus manually, you get way better quality results.

And about the gcam issue, we need more fixes in the camera driver, there is this issue ticket in the bug tracker where the sony employee (camera driver developer) is reacting to.
    A bird twittered to me, that we got a booted 5.14 mainline kernel on the xz2.
    Now features like usb, sdcard, etc gets added.
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    The august release will be delayed to match OEMv6 with its new adreno drivers.
    android-11.0.0_r43 (September security patchlevel)
    OEMv7 support
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD