• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SODP][ROM][AOSP][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] SonyAOSP 11 [BETA]

Search This thread
So I fastboot flash oem SW...tama.img after flashing all ROM images.
Afterwards, do I still need a recovery (TWRP) to flash GApps and dual-sim-patch?
How could I install a recovery? I cannot find one from TWRP official site.

Thanks.
fastboot flash oem_a *.tama.img ; fastboot flash oem_b *.tama.img

The TWRP installation thread is https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...dp-xz2-c-p-3-twrp-3-4-0-0-unofficial.4074305/ but I'd recommend NOT to install TWRP.

You can run TWRP from memory:

• fastboot reboot bootloader
  • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  • fastboot boot twrp.img
Use the TWRP from 2020 for stock builds until you have installed AOSP. After that use the TWRP from 2021 for sodp.

If you install TWRP, you might get stuck when AOSP asks for a factory reset / user data wipe which it does once during the installation process. Somehow it seems you have to run the AOSP recovery's wipe process.

i decided to just run TWRP from memory if you I need it. For now.

Edited to add: There is no official TWRP build for the XZ2c. So you can't use the TWRP app or download anything other than MartinX3's TWRP builds. Or you can build your own TWRP. There's a thread on that as well: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dev-how-to-compile-twrp-touch-recovery.1943625/
Not sure if that's a good idea inless you're relly into computer science.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Actually, I went through the whole process from start yesterday including a full reset to stock FW with newflash, boot, some updates, oem-Images and so on. Does any of that reset the baseband version? Or is baseband info stored in the modem?

Aynway, I updated at least one slot for sure. I just botted and checked the other. Both slots have the same version. The difference is only in the last numbers, so maybe it's a country code or something. Can anyone confirm prodQ-0052-00 845-sdm845.gen.prodQ-0052-00 is the newest for Germany?

Concerning the adb root problem: I can su in an adb shell. The reason why adb root doesn't work is most probably a change in the props which is caused by a Magisk module I activated to pass SafetyNet. (Not yet successful with that.) See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25477424/adb-shell-su-works-but-adb-root-does-not
I have not yet checked if disabling the module turns the props back (probably not nope, doesn't), but as I can just su, I'm happy for now I think... I hope...
I flashed H8266_Customized DE_1313-6279_52.1.A.3.49_R3C

Danj1

Nov 17, 2015
Hi,
maybe this is unrelated to this rom but I have issues getting opengapps running.
After I flash the AOSP I install opengapps and dualsim-patcher-v4 via recovery. But then gapps do not show up on startup. I just have the plain UI without playstore and google stuff.

Here is what I do after I flashed everything to stock with newflasher.

Terminal:
fastboot boot twrp.img # stock version from 2020-06-14
TWRP:
select and install aosp-11.0-20210920_aosp_h8314.zip
reboot to bootloader
Terminal:
fastboot boot twrp.img # AOSP one from 2021-03-02
TWRP:
select and install open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210922.zip
select and install sony-dualsim-patcher-v4.zip
reboot to system

When booting up the rom I have the AOSP with working SIM service but no gapps. I also tried to install opengapps and dualsim-patcher-v4 with AOSP recovery but then I get manifest validation error.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

zackkiara2013

May 10, 2013
Damansara
@MartinX3 i use this -->

Flash the ROM without a recovery:
  1. Extract the payload.bin from the .zip file
  2. Extract the .img files with the Playload Dumper
  3. fastboot flash boot boot.img
  4. fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
  5. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  6. fastboot -w (Wipes your internal storage and the userdata)
  7. Now you got the AOSP recovery, to please continue with the normal installation

but i confuse in 7 i got aosp recovery but how to install rom coz no have install ...only have update from sdcard n adb only..so how to flash twrp

now i got stuck on SONY logo

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
@MartinX3 i use this -->

Flash the ROM without a recovery:
  1. Extract the payload.bin from the .zip file
  2. Extract the .img files with the Playload Dumper
  3. fastboot flash boot boot.img
  4. fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
  5. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  6. fastboot -w (Wipes your internal storage and the userdata)
  7. Now you got the AOSP recovery, to please continue with the normal installation

but i confuse in 7 i got aosp recovery but how to install rom coz no have install ...only have update from sdcard n adb only..so how to flash twrp

now i got stuck on SONY logo
Follow the TWRP thread or follow the recovery installation guide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work to those involved in getting this upstreamed (although there's a scary bit about a UFS issue that could render the device dead).
    Yes

Btw every Xperia with UFS storage has this UFS bug needing a kernel hack.
    Only the new Xperia 1 III seems to have a properly formatted UFS storage.
    And we can't fix it, since this means to format the entire UFS with the bootloader on it.
    So the hack is in stock, sodp and later in mainline for affected devices.
    @MartinX3 Wow, talk about a factory defect that affects several generations of Xperias, and that needs a workaround nonetheless. One wonders how could this have slipped QA under the "watchful" eyes of their engineers. 🙄
    The UFS flash storage just got formatted in a way the kernel think by default it's garbarge which needs to be formatted first.
    But with the Sony kernel fix the kernel see that it's already a perfect formatted storage.
    So with the kernel fix you can't kill your device.
    I don't know why they formatted it in a way which is not supported by default in the Linux kernel, but only a kid would drop this patch in a kernel port.
    So we're save :D
    btw why camera issue on our xperia xz2 even api2 is lvl 3 supported,no gcam
    working,,can u please share working gcam?
    There is an issue ticket about gcam support.
    The latest changes are made after OEMv7 if I remember correctly.
    So we need to wait for the A12 OEM.
    I'm excited for kernel 4.19 and the new OEM for A12 😁
    A bird twittered to me, that we got a booted 5.14 mainline kernel on the xz2.
    Now features like usb, sdcard, etc gets added.
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    The august release will be delayed to match OEMv6 with its new adreno drivers.
    android-11.0.0_r43 (September security patchlevel)
    OEMv7 support
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD