• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SODP][ROM][AOSP][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] SonyAOSP 11 [BETA]

Search This thread

MCBuhl

Nov 13, 2009
Stuttgart
Did you try magisk hide?
Maybe the tan app's message is bad written and checks for the unlock state of the bootloader instead via the google services?
I didn't do anything magisk-ish, so nothing of that sort is installed. I also think that the bank's programming is, let's call it "not ideal", as I encounter problems all the time when "switching phone" (i.e. installing Update...) - but you know how it is, no possibility to tell'em...

The lagging --> reboot --> oK

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
I didn't do anything magisk-ish, so nothing of that sort is installed. I also think that the bank's programming is, let's call it "not ideal", as I encounter problems all the time when "switching phone" (i.e. installing Update...) - but you know how it is, no possibility to tell'em...

The lagging --> reboot --> oK
Yes, google rolled out a unlock state probe in the play services (which is in the bootloaders since android 7) and they're starting to use it actively now.
That's also the reason the magisk dev canceled magisk hide because of the massive stress trying to workaround it.
Instead he switched to a basic hide system just hiding system modifications and root status, but not the unlock status.

It's a mad world, that as example banking apps exploit this feature, since they think a stock ROM without any security updates is way more secure than a custom rom with newest security patch level.

In my local area I heard about cases where criminals used security bugs in a phone to empty bank accounts via the banking app.
Especially since you don't need any tan generator with these apps and just transfer money directly.
(So the TAN way on a second hardware isolated hardware is the most secure way to not become a victim and poor)

glockmane88

Dec 16, 2020
Yo, after not being able to build my own sources and some time of hesitation, my xz2c actually is on Android 11. Thank you.
Two things:
- the tan app (dkb tan2go) won't install, as they claim phone is rooted (which it isn't)
- the auto down scrolling of notification panel is still an issue, but better than on stock-10. Someone mentioned this won't happen anymor, can't confirm
Despite, phone's graphics are lagging from time to time, but no pb.

Thanks for giving the opportunity!!!
Try this:

• Wow
Reactions: MCBuhl

ALUCARD4DEAD

Apr 11, 2011
Why I can't install a custom ROM like this with recovery TWRP?
I flash like the guide and try other ways but not luck only boot to TWRP flash ROM reboot to recovery again and it's on the same slot and only reboot to TWRP or boot loop, when I change slot B manually show me corrupt partition until I back again to slot A.
The only way to success installing a custom ROM is flashing all via fastboot(system.bin, boot.bin, vendor.bin, OEM, etc) in boot slots.
Anyone explain why?
Is a xz2 dual sim USA, with bootloader unlock.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Great work to those involved in getting this upstreamed (although there's a scary bit about a UFS issue that could render the device dead).
Yes

Btw every Xperia with UFS storage has this UFS bug needing a kernel hack.
Only the new Xperia 1 III seems to have a properly formatted UFS storage.
And we can't fix it, since this means to format the entire UFS with the bootloader on it.
So the hack is in stock, sodp and later in mainline for affected devices.

Reactions: Haldi4803

braveheartleo

Jun 18, 2018
@MartinX3 Wow, talk about a factory defect that affects several generations of Xperias, and that needs a workaround nonetheless. One wonders how could this have slipped QA under the "watchful" eyes of their engineers. 🙄

xtLUCIFER

Nov 7, 2020
i tried this rom with latest firmware and v7 tama binaries but camera not working so good,no autofocus and quality is too bad, i tried to install gcam but gcam only showing black screen and close, i also tried GSI roms everything working great and smooth on GSI except camera, camera auto close and pop up showing cannot connect to camera, and on GSI rom facelock working very good i seen my face was so clear when i was trying to set facelock , sir @MartinX3 please help , im looking for a great rom for gaming playing pubg with no lags like poco f1 with corvus os no throttling but here ui lags when i swipe how can i play smooth games ??please please help i tried los 18.1 by @Sjil but camera issue on that games are not too smooth like poco (same sdm845)...

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
@MartinX3 Wow, talk about a factory defect that affects several generations of Xperias, and that needs a workaround nonetheless. One wonders how could this have slipped QA under the "watchful" eyes of their engineers. 🙄
The UFS flash storage just got formatted in a way the kernel think by default it's garbarge which needs to be formatted first.
But with the Sony kernel fix the kernel see that it's already a perfect formatted storage.
So with the kernel fix you can't kill your device.
I don't know why they formatted it in a way which is not supported by default in the Linux kernel, but only a kid would drop this patch in a kernel port.
So we're save :D

Reactions: braveheartleo

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
i tried this rom with latest firmware and v7 tama binaries but camera not working so good,no autofocus and quality is too bad, i tried to install gcam but gcam only showing black screen and close, i also tried GSI roms everything working great and smooth on GSI except camera, camera auto close and pop up showing cannot connect to camera, and on GSI rom facelock working very good i seen my face was so clear when i was trying to set facelock , sir @MartinX3 please help , im looking for a great rom for gaming playing pubg with no lags like poco f1 with corvus os no throttling but here ui lags when i swipe how can i play smooth games ??please please help i tried los 18.1 by @Sjil but camera issue on that games are not too smooth like poco (same sdm845)...
That's SODP AOSP thread.

And the stock based LOS 18.1 has issues as well, but runs well enough for daily usage.

The SODP kernel 4.19 for tama is on the way, maybe it will help you.

xtLUCIFER

Nov 7, 2020
That's SODP AOSP thread.

And the stock based LOS 18.1 has issues as well, but runs well enough for daily usage.

The SODP kernel 4.19 for tama is on the way, maybe it will help you.
bro big thanks ,,, when u will launch new kernel 4.19 ? im waiting for your great work ,please try to launch it as soon as possible

xtLUCIFER

Nov 7, 2020
There is an issue ticket about gcam support.
The latest changes are made after OEMv7 if I remember correctly.
So we need to wait for the A12 OEM.
bro can u please suggest me stable rom for xz2 akari,im new to this device ,or can u share stable version of sodp 11 or older version link? bcz latest patched one odm v7 rom not working good i cnt even install gapps in it and lagging? sorry for disturbing but plz help

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
no issue bro im data less and app less person haha ,still waiting for new version
Perfect, then this ROM and LOS are just fine for you.
bro can u please suggest me stable rom for xz2 akari,im new to this device ,or can u share stable version of sodp 11 ? bcz latest patched one odm v7 rom not working good i cnt even gapps in it and lagging? sorry for disturbing but plz help
Gapps are working
Please open an issue ticket with logs at github

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work to those involved in getting this upstreamed (although there's a scary bit about a UFS issue that could render the device dead).
    Yes

Btw every Xperia with UFS storage has this UFS bug needing a kernel hack.
    Only the new Xperia 1 III seems to have a properly formatted UFS storage.
    And we can't fix it, since this means to format the entire UFS with the bootloader on it.
    So the hack is in stock, sodp and later in mainline for affected devices.
    The UFS flash storage just got formatted in a way the kernel think by default it's garbarge which needs to be formatted first.
    But with the Sony kernel fix the kernel see that it's already a perfect formatted storage.
    So with the kernel fix you can't kill your device.
    I don't know why they formatted it in a way which is not supported by default in the Linux kernel, but only a kid would drop this patch in a kernel port.
    So we're save :D
    btw why camera issue on our xperia xz2 even api2 is lvl 3 supported,no gcam
    working,,can u please share working gcam?
    There is an issue ticket about gcam support.
    The latest changes are made after OEMv7 if I remember correctly.
    So we need to wait for the A12 OEM.
    I'm excited for kernel 4.19 and the new OEM for A12 😁
    A bird twittered to me, that we got a booted 5.14 mainline kernel on the xz2.
    Now features like usb, sdcard, etc gets added.
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    The august release will be delayed to match OEMv6 with its new adreno drivers.
    android-11.0.0_r43 (September security patchlevel)
    OEMv7 support
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD