[SODP][ROM][AOSP][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] SonyAOSP 11 [BETA]

pmatj

Apr 13, 2019
Hi,
I'm just a little bit clueless right now: I just cannot get the ROM booted on my XZ2 Dual Sim (H8266)

I was coming from a clean stock with locked bootloader and after unlocking the bootloader here are the steps I did:
  1. Install Recovery (first time)
    1. Downlaoded XZ2 (SingleSim) for Android 10
    2. Entered bootloader using add:
      # adb reboot bootloader
    3. Flashed Recovery:
      # fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      # fastboot boot twrp-akari.img
      Waited for Reboot into TWRP
    4. Installed TWRP:
      # adb push twrp-akari.img /sideload
      > Advanced --> Install Recovery into ramdisk -> selected IMG-File from /sideload-Folder
      > Reboot
  2. Install Rom
    1. Enter bootloader using ADB and flash OEM/SW_binaries:
      # fastboot flash oem_a SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v3a_tama.img
      # fastboot flash oem_b SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v3a_tama.img
      # fastboot reboot
    2. Once more I entered the recovery:
      # adb reboot recovery
    3. I now sidelaoded the ROM:
      > Advanced -> Sideload -> Swipe to Sideload
      # adb sideload aosp-11.0-20210112_aosp_h8216.zip
      TWRP informed me that has installed the ROM to Slot A and I have to reboot...
    4. ..so I rebooted into Recovery once more and sideloaded the Dual-SIM-Patch
      > Advanced -> Sideload -> Swipe..
      # adb sideload sony-dualsim-patcher-v4.zip
    5. After that, I tried to reboot, but....
I'm now completley stucked: I see the Android-Animation, but nothing happens.
At this point, also the TWRP was not present anymore (only the old/default Yellow and blue Text-base-Recovery), so I just reinstalled TWRP using the exact same steps as above, but now using the SODP instead of the Stock-based version.

I tried different steps again and again and ended one time even with a red Exclamation mark and the hint that the ROM is corrupted (after installing NanoDroid)... However I was able to switch to the other slot from within bootloader (fastboot --set-active=a) and was able to to the recover again, but I do not have any running system anymore.

So:
  1. Any Ideas how I can enable the device to boot properly?
  2. Where can I get Gapps for Android 11? The given link only has versions for Android 10.
    (Update: I think I have to use the TEST-archives from their SourceForge-Site, right?)
    But do I really need them?
    I'd like to go with MicroG, so is it possible to boot without Gapps at all?
    It should be possible to install it using Magisk afterwards...
  3. Does "fastboot boot XXX.img" just boots this image instead of installing it?
  4. What does the SW_binaries contain?
    Can some please give me a hint for which key words I have to look for?
    Can I go back to the original ones when flashing the original FW (with XperiFirm/Newflasher)?

OK, and now: good night

Last edited:

zhka

Nov 12, 2010
So issue affects not just xz2c.
Is it reasonable to post new versions until issue will be resolved?
Or post some info about this to avoid users from flashing, like above?
Just thoughts...

Hobbala

Dec 28, 2020
Hi,
I'm just a little bit clueless right now: I just cannot get the ROM booted on my XZ2 Dual Sim (H8266)

I was coming from a clean stock with locked bootloader and after unlocking the bootloader here are the steps I did:
  1. Install Recovery (first time)
    1. Downlaoded XZ2 (SingleSim) for Android 10
    2. Entered bootloader using add:
      # adb reboot bootloader
    3. Flashed Recovery:
      # fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      # fastboot boot twrp-akari.img
      Waited for Reboot into TWRP
    4. Installed TWRP:
      # adb push twrp-akari.img /sideload
      > Advanced --> Install Recovery into ramdisk -> selected IMG-File from /sideload-Folder
      > Reboot
  2. Install Rom
    1. Enter bootloader using ADB and flash OEM/SW_binaries:
      # fastboot flash oem_a SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v3a_tama.img
      # fastboot flash oem_b SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v3a_tama.img
      # fastboot reboot
    2. Once more I entered the recovery:
      # adb reboot recovery
    3. I now sidelaoded the ROM:
      > Advanced -> Sideload -> Swipe to Sideload
      # adb sideload aosp-11.0-20210112_aosp_h8216.zip
      TWRP informed me that has installed the ROM to Slot A and I have to reboot...
    4. ..so I rebooted into Recovery once more and sideloaded the Dual-SIM-Patch
      > Advanced -> Sideload -> Swipe..
    5. After that, I tried to reboot, but....
I'm now completley stucked: I see the Android-Animation, but nothing happens.
At this point, also the TWRP was not present anymore (only the old/default Yellow and blue Text-base-Recovery), so I just reinstalled TWRP using the exact same steps as above, but now using the SODP instead of the Stock-based version.

I tried different steps again and again and ended one time even with a red Exclamation mark and the hint that the ROM is corrupted (after installing NanoDroid)... However I was able to switch to the other slot from within bootloader (fastboot --set-active=a) and was able to to the recover again, but I do not have any running system anymore.

So:
  1. Any Ideas how I can enable the device to boot properly?
  2. Where can I get Gapps for Android 11? The given link only has versions for Android 10.
    (Update: I think I have to use the TEST-archives from their SourceForge-Site, right?)
    But do I really need them?
    I'd like to go with MicroG, so is it possible to boot without Gapps at all?
    It should be possible to install it using Magisk afterwards...
  3. Does "fastboot boot XXX.img" just boots this image instead of installing it?
  4. What does the SW_binaries contain?
    Can some please give me a hint for which key words I have to look for?
    Can I go back to the original ones when flashing the original FW (with XperiFirm/Newflasher)?

OK, and now: good night
After flashing the ROM, the "stock" twrp doesnt work anymore, u have to use SODP twrp.
For me, the SODP twrp only works, when i go into the ASOP Recovery (no touch) and then i select "boot bootloader" in the recovery menu. After that, i can fastboot boot sodp.twrp (first fastboot -w).
But when i try via hardware button, it doesnt work.

1. No
2. Dont know if u need them to boot it
3. "Fastboot boot" just boots the .img.
4. Dont know what u mean? If u want to go back to android 10? Yes u can

But i got the same problem, stuck at android logo
I tryed different gapps 11 and 10, without gapps, etc but nothing works

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
So issue affects not just xz2c.
Is it reasonable to post new versions until issue will be resolved?
Or post some info about this to avoid users from flashing, like above?
Just thoughts...
You're right, I'll add it under known bugs.

So @pmatj @Hobbala please use the OEM.img for Android 10 as a workaround for now. :)

Hobbala

Dec 28, 2020
You're right, I'll add it under known bugs.

So @pmatj @Hobbala please use the OEM.img for Android 10 as a workaround for now. :)
Confirm working !!!
flashed Xperia_Android_10.0.7.1_r1_v12a_tama.img over SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_11_4.14_v3a_tama.img

Rom boots without gapps

THX

Reactions: MartinX3

pmatj

Apr 13, 2019
Hi,
it works also on my site:

I did the following additional steps:
  1. Update OEM:
    # fastboot flash oem_a SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_10.0.7.1_r1_v12a_tama.img
    # fastboot flash oem_b SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_10.0.7.1_r1_v12a_tama.img
    # fastboot -w
    # fastboot reboot-recovery
  2. Patched Dual-Sim to both slots (as it seemed to got lost):
    > Advanced > ADB Sideload
    > Reboot > Switch Slot
    > Reboot > Recovery
    > Reboot > Switch Slot
    > Reboot > Recovery
  3. Installed Magisk (loaded directly from their GitHub-Page):
    > Advanced > ADB Sideload
    # adb sideload Magisk-v21.2zip
    > Reboot
  4. Then I've configured Magsisk accordingly (Magisk Hide, Rename, deactivate Update checking, etc)
  5. Installed Microg:
    Downloading from their Repo, configuring the ".nanodroid-setup" and repacking it in the ZIPs
    Transferring them to the Phone
    Using Magsik to install the ZIPs (I only installed NanoDroid-MicroG-*.zip and NanoDroid-fdroid-*.zip)
    After that I used the description in in this Thread to enable Signature Spoofing
    Reboot and configure MicroG and you're done

At least that was the plan... everyhting is working right now, except that I cannot download anything with Aurora... I assume there's a missing permission, but currently I just have no clue, why....

So apart from the issue (but not realted to this ROM), there's only one question left: how can I remove the Search-Bar from the HomeScreen?

Thanks so far and best regards

Reactions: MartinX3

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
At least that was the plan... everyhting is working right now, except that I cannot download anything with Aurora... I assume there's a missing permission, but currently I just have no clue, why....

So apart from the issue (but not realted to this ROM), there's only one question left: how can I remove the Search-Bar from the HomeScreen?
Usually if you use MicroG only Signature Spoofing is needed. :)

Longpress on the homescreen and deactivating it in the settings. :)

pmatj

Apr 13, 2019
Usually if you use MicroG only Signature Spoofing is needed. :)

Longpress on the homescreen and deactivating it in the settings. :)

Wait, wait, wait, wait wait: this ROM directly supports SigSpoof? I do not need to patch services.jar before?

And concerning Aurora: I just changed Download Settings (Internal Memory), Installation Method to Root and Changed the Token-Server... It works now, too.

pmatj

Apr 13, 2019
Well, it's not that hard to do it on a PC, sadly NanoDroid-Patcher does (currently) not work.... Anyway.
There's one issue left: Shelter/WorkProfiles... I cannot access the created home-Folders (e.g. /storage/emulated/10)...

I just tested it on a normal Lineage (but different phone ^^) and it worked flawlessly, so I assume it is a ROM-based issue...

Anyone got Shelter working here?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Well, it's not that hard to do it on a PC, sadly NanoDroid-Patcher does (currently) not work.... Anyway.
There's one issue left: Shelter/WorkProfiles... I cannot access the created home-Folders (e.g. /storage/emulated/10)...

I just tested it on a normal Lineage (but different phone ^^) and it worked flawlessly, so I assume it is a ROM-based issue...

Anyone got Shelter working here?
Or use the Nanodroid Patcher as Magisk Module for trivial Signature Spoof patching :)

pmatj

Apr 13, 2019
Or use the Nanodroid Patcher as Magisk Module for trivial Signature Spoof patching :)
As I wrote: the NanoDroid-Pather version (20210116) failed to work right now, but I guess they are working on it 🙃 There's still a solution where you can patch it on a PC.

Anyway, still two problems are left:
  1. Search-Bar: there is one that is somehow "fixed", I cant remove it. When adding a new Widget, I can easily remove it, but the one preset from start cant be deleted (see attached video... sorry, but attaching MP4 is not allowed).
  2. Profiles/Shelter: Neither additional profiles nor the Working-Profile has some "internal storage" accessible. Just try it, but adding any of them and accessing the storage (e.g. with Total Commander). You have just no access to /storage/emulated/[UserID]
    However, some folders within /mnt/users/[UserID] get created and seem to have the correct permissions.

Best regards

Attachments

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
As I wrote: the NanoDroid-Pather version (20210116) failed to work right now, but I guess they are working on it 🙃 There's still a solution where you can patch it on a PC.

Anyway, still two problems are left:
  1. Search-Bar: there is one that is somehow "fixed", I cant remove it. When adding a new Widget, I can easily remove it, but the one preset from start cant be deleted (see attached video... sorry, but attaching MP4 is not allowed).
  2. Profiles/Shelter: Neither additional profiles nor the Working-Profile has some "internal storage" accessible. Just try it, but adding any of them and accessing the storage (e.g. with Total Commander). You have just no access to /storage/emulated/[UserID]
    However, some folders within /mnt/users/[UserID] get created and seem to have the correct permissions.

Best regards
Woopsi

1. As I wrote: Longpress on the homescreen and deactivating it in the settings. 🙃
2. Hmm, I would add it to the bug tracker if it isn't there already. I never use multiple profiles. :)