Search This thread

Danj1

Nov 17, 2015

hibikase

May 31, 2019
Indonesia
Project Treble
Xperia XZ2
i dont know how to explain ...after wipe ... have to flash twrp or what? flash witout recovery need to flash twrp again or not ...i got confuse man... 4hours i tried but no luck... can u explain with video
If you want the easier way. Let's use this step
Preparation : Make sure you are on Android 10 Stock and already have TWRP.

1. Boot to Bootloader and flash oem in both slot (just to make sure)
2. Boot to Twrp and flash zip there
3. please see the log where the zip installing. For example to inactive slot _b
4. After done with zip, boot to bootloader. Then in cmd from computer type "fastboot set_active b" ( if installed to slot _a then change b to a)
5. then boot to twrp sodp 11 by "fastboot boot twrp.img"
6. Flash ramdisk wit twrp sodp 11
7. reboot to recovery
8. Flash magisk and gapps
9. Reboot

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Did anybody test the brightness sensor with this Build and the 4.14 kernel? I don't get any data, so no brightness adjustment. (Tested with diagnostic apps.)
Please look at the light sensor ticket.
It had been there last time i wrote here, so around 3 months ago. And you phone volume didn't change anything. But if you say there are no problems on your side, then I'll try it soon :D
Possible ticket:https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/688
It's just hard to trigger and is not always broken :D

zackkiara2013

May 10, 2013
Damansara

4. After done with zip, boot to bootloader. Then in cmd from computer type "fastboot set_active b" ( if installed to slot _a then change b to a)
7. reboot to recovery
9. Reboot
why i cant flash oem?
xda.png

zackkiara2013

May 10, 2013
Damansara

7. reboot to recovery
9. Reboot
why after i flash twrp sodp 11 ..twrp stuck cant touch.. @MartinX3

Last edited:

zackkiara2013

May 10, 2013
Damansara
Just buy an OTG adaptor. While you wait for your amazon prime 24h delivery: Turn your screen off and on, retry, try a different TWRP version.
Already done.. But after 1day usage.. I'm going to stock again coz not feel custom rom and camera a lot noise.. 😂 😂.. No tweaks at all.. I miss stock custom rom but no dev make it now.. Last i use existenz rom.. Very nice but dev no update till now..

Already done.. But after 1day usage.. I'm going to stock again coz not feel custom rom and camera a lot noise.. 😂 😂.. No tweaks at all.. I miss stock custom rom but no dev make it now.. Last i use existenz rom.. Very nice but dev no update till now..
AFAIK the camera works better with OpenCamera, which you have to set to API2 in the settings.

IMadeArya

Jan 13, 2016
currently I'm still on stock ROM with bootloader unlock = no. I plan to unlock the bootloader to yes if this ROM can save RAW format in the Camera application. Is this ROM able to save RAW format? thanks

seilent

Jun 11, 2010
Xperia XZ2
currently I'm still on stock ROM with bootloader unlock = no. I plan to unlock the bootloader to yes if this ROM can save RAW format in the Camera application. Is this ROM able to save RAW format? thanks
yes RAW is working, but if your goal is for gcam and such then there's no fully working gcam yet. Most likely need different port for our device.
open camera works, but there's still focus issue, and the image quality in general is just better in stock / stock based rom.

just letting you know in case that's one of your goal for achieving RAW support.

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
yes RAW is working, but if your goal is for gcam and such then there's no fully working gcam yet. Most likely need different port for our device.
open camera works, but there's still focus issue, and the image quality in general is just better in stock / stock based rom.

just letting you know in case that's one of your goal for achieving RAW support.
Yes, the autofocus should be deactivated, if you focus manually, you get way better quality results.

And about the gcam issue, we need more fixes in the camera driver, there is this issue ticket in the bug tracker where the sony employee (camera driver developer) is reacting to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A bird twittered to me, that we got a booted 5.14 mainline kernel on the xz2.
    Now features like usb, sdcard, etc gets added.
    It seems that the new 4.19 kernel with A12 has amazing battery times, thanks to the amazing SODP-Team.
    12h deepsleep with wifi and simcard consumes 2% battery (100% to 98%)
    The A12 build guide is up and I almost synced A12 AOSP.

Now we need to wait for it to be in a bootable state on tama. :)
    I thought your next project is ArrowOS,, or will do at same time?
    Sadly in my life outside of the smartphone stuff my job and my studies ate much time (corona virus/chaos at the university because of the old, internet hating teachers and trouble in the job because corona made our customers crazy).

Seems that arrowOS should start with android 12 (and we probably get kernel 4.19 which should fix our battery drain caused bei the qcom RPMh preventing the real deep sleep).
    So I hope optimistically I can port it now. (the battery drain disturbed me a lot, since I don't want to age my battery).

And I need to port my TWRP on AOSP11.

And some IT projects for my family, since I'm the multi functional cowpigsheep there doing development, server administration, smartphone fixes, etc for them xD