[Sofia(p)(r)][Recovery][WIP] TWRP 3.4.0.0

pdbqstab1

Jan 14, 2021
Like you, I also have the 2041-4 and twrp works as it should.
I was also unable to gain root access to system with a stock rom. I tried all I knew and could run down on the net without any luck. I ended up installing AICP-15, rooted with magisk and now have root access to everything.
I'm not sure how Motorola has the system directory locked down, but it is certainly effective.
How did you flash AICP-15? Using twrp? Were you able to wipe system and data?

tcaudill01

May 31, 2010
Tuscaloosa
How did you flash AICP-15? Using twrp? Were you able to wipe system and data?
First thing, this was not the initial install but a dirty flash for a version update. Initial install was via the fastbootd method. Also, this was using AICP-15 on an XT2041-4. I can't vouch for any other ROM or phone version.

Set your active partion to "A", go to "Install", select your ROM zip file and let it install.

pdbqstab1

Jan 14, 2021
First thing, this was not the initial install but a dirty flash for a version update. Initial install was via the fastbootd method. Also, this was using AICP-15 on an XT2041-4. I can't vouch for any other ROM or phone version.

Set your active partion to "A", go to "Install", select your ROM zip file and let it install.
Interesting. Have you tried "fastboot set_active a" initially in dirty flash or you did that after flashing rom in twrp? I'm tying to figure out how A and B partitions works.

Does twrp allows to wipe system after changing rom?

Also anybody tried to install Kali Nethunter kernel?

Our phone uses wcn3990 qualcomm wifi chipset. Surprisingly, monitor mode works fine on wife.

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
I finally attempted to boot into twrp and try to make a backup. Booted into TWRP 3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img via fastboot without problems. Touchscreen is very fouled up and I could never do a "swipe" to initiate the backup (had to use the top left of the screen to wiggle it, but could never do a proper swipe). I don't have a USB to USB-C converter so I can't try to use a mouse.

Oh well.

dynamo1950

Jan 8, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I finally attempted to boot into twrp and try to make a backup. Booted into TWRP 3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img via fastboot without problems. Touchscreen is very fouled up and I could never do a "swipe" to initiate the backup (had to use the top left of the screen to wiggle it, but could never do a proper swipe). I don't have a USB to USB-C converter so I can't try to use a mouse.

Oh well.
Had the same experience after booting into TWRP 3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img via fastboot on my Moto G Power XT2041-4 (sofia) phone. When I attempted to boot back to system, because of the inverted touch screen issue, the active partition was changed from A to B. The phone became unbootable :LOL:. Had to flash the stock rom again.

I was wondering if someone with a bit of expertise could have a look at the code and come up with a fix for the inverted touchscreen issue (y). It would be very much appreciated for those who would like a properly working TWRP recovery on this phone. Thanks in advance....

Last edited:

jhford

Oct 28, 2005
Had the same experience after booting into TWRP 3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img via fastboot on my Moto G Power XT2041-4 (sofia) phone. When I attempted to boot back to system, because of the inverted touch screen issue, the active partition was changed from A to B. The phone became unbootable :LOL:. Had to flash the stock rom again.

I was wondering if someone with a bit of expertise could have a look at the code and come up with a fix for the inverted touchscreen issue (y). It would be very much appreciated for those who would like a properly working TWRP recovery on this phone. Thanks in advance....
I have a Moto G Power XT2041-4 (sofia). What is the inverted touchscreen?

Falln2pieces

Feb 12, 2021
I have a Moto G Power XT2041-4 (sofia). What is the inverted touchscreen?
On some models in TWRP, everything on the touchscreen is inverted and only half works. Meaning, top is bottom. And its impossible to complete a swype needed to do anything in TWRP because it doesnt go passed the middle of the screen.

So, I can install a rom fully with Fastboot, but when I need to install gapps or Magisk, Theres no way tom complete it.,

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
How is everyone getting around the inverted TWRP touch? Impossible to even turn adb sideload on much less flash gapps since swiping doesnt work.
As I understand it some models work fine (my XT2041-4 (sofia) doesn't). It's claimed that you can use a mouse connected to the phone's USB port (OTG) to navigate TWRP without issues - you need to have correct adapter/cable to do it.