Soft-Bricked A71, need help.

Search This thread

Trandond7

Mar 20, 2023
So, I rooted my hand-me-down Samsung A71, and enjoyed learning about the process and experiencing it. Now, here's the problem. I soon found out that it is just not worth it to root this obscure (*Ahem*) phone, and uninstalled Magisk through the Magisk manager. I checked that the phone had indeed unrooted, and then tried to lock the bootloader. I forgot to flash the stock firmware. And now I have a phone boot looping into recovery mode, and just not allowing me to access the OS. When I try to flash stock firmware through Odin, it freezes. ****.
I screwed up. Help. This thing is very dear to me.

I checked for ways to force-flash, and found EDL and QPST. But this method requires the damn firehose/.mbn firmware file for my A175F A71, which I just can't seem to find.

Should I contact Samsung to generously provide me the firmware, or what? Any suggestions highly appreciated.

P.S: Will soon attach a video of it.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I see you're new to XDA. When you created your account, you agreed to the Terms of this site, which are the Forum Rules. Your post does not belong in this section and will be moved.

You are advised to review the Forum Rules and Member Etiquette linked in my signature.

Trandond7

Mar 20, 2023
I see you're new to XDA. When you created your account, you agreed to the Terms of this site, which are the Forum Rules. Your post does not belong in this section and will be moved.

You are advised to review the Forum Rules and Member Etiquette linked in my signature.
Sorry to unintentionally violate. Will take heed.

Trandond7

Mar 20, 2023
maybe try unlocking the bootloader again, it worked for my a30s
I can't, and that is precisely the problem. When starting the device, it straight away takes it to recovery mode, and tries to lock the bootloader continously, but just can't because of the firmware. It doesn't let me do anything.

Trandond7

Mar 20, 2023
Screenshot_20230322_125244_Samsung Internet.jpg

Trandond7

Mar 20, 2023
I managed to unbrick my A71! The above attachment is of it. I was such an idiot. Even in such a circumstance, you can go into download mode, and unlock the bootloader. I did so, set up my A71, and enabled Usb Debug and straight away flashed stock firmware, and THEN locked the bootloader. Damn was I scared. Thanks for your help, Ahmed.

Reactions: Ahmed9193

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to unbrick my A71! The above attachment is of it. I was such an idiot. Even in such a circumstance, you can go into download mode, and unlock the bootloader. I did so, set up my A71, and enabled Usb Debug and straight away flashed stock firmware, and THEN locked the bootloader. Damn was I scared. Thanks for your help, Ahmed.