• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Softbank (Japan) Galaxy S6 Edge model 404sc / SW-G925Z

Search This thread

TeflonDog

Jun 5, 2013
Has anyone succeeded in rooting their Softbank S6 edge (404SC)?
My SC-06D is on its last breath and I got an offer to switch to Softbank. Two phone choices: Xperia Z5 or Galaxy S6 Edge. (I haven't found how to root either phone.)
Since day one I have truly hated the battery life on my Galaxy. It sounds like Samsung has not improved much in the battery department. Is this really the case?
If so, I'm thinking to give Sony a shot, even though I've read the z5 overheats like crazy. (It's 1,000/month cheaper than the S6 as well.)

gahasa

Jun 4, 2012
Has anyone succeeded in rooting their Softbank S6 edge (404SC)?
My SC-06D is on its last breath and I got an offer to switch to Softbank. Two phone choices: Xperia Z5 or Galaxy S6 Edge. (I haven't found how to root either phone.)
Since day one I have truly hated the battery life on my Galaxy. It sounds like Samsung has not improved much in the battery department. Is this really the case?
If so, I'm thinking to give Sony a shot, even though I've read the z5 overheats like crazy. (It's 1,000/month cheaper than the S6 as well.)

i rooted mine using the guide above. confirmed

Rogeriolbf

Dec 15, 2015
I need a huge help of you guys!

I was able to intall the TWRP firmware in my galaxy but somehow ive just made things worse for me.
i erased all my sistem files and now it says 'no OS installed'.
I think all i need is the stock rom for 404sc but i cantfind it anywhere. even with the name of sm-g925z.. seems like it doesnt exist

primod808

Mar 5, 2011
TOYOHASHI
Any softbank users updated to marshmallow already? I love the update phone feels snappier and ram management seem better now? What's your guys thoughts?

Also anyone still rooted after the 6.0.1 update?

phoenixstu

Apr 13, 2016
Nagano, Japan
Any softbank users updated to marshmallow already? I love the update phone feels snappier and ram management seem better now? What's your guys thoughts?

Also anyone still rooted after the 6.0.1 update?

I just got the s6 edge- softbank.

I like the feel of the new Marshmallow update. Only one concern. My wifi is horrible. Every device in my house works fine however, the s6 is very spotty. It shows full signal however, it cuts in and out it seems. When I go to a webpage it starts to load and then stops(shows wifi is still connected and full bars just no in/out). Same goes for any app. Play store, social media. I have to turn off wifi and use mobile data to get it to load properly. It will work at times just not constant. I am really at a loss on what to do. I have done a factory reset but that did not help. Used different wifi. Also, for some reason, if I try to boot into recovery so that I have have the option to wipe the system cache in hopes to fix the wifi issue, I am not presented with any options. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

phoenixstu

Apr 13, 2016
Nagano, Japan
I just got the s6 edge- softbank.

I like the feel of the new Marshmallow update. Only one concern. My wifi is horrible. Every device in my house works fine however, the s6 is very spotty. It shows full signal however, it cuts in and out it seems. When I go to a webpage it starts to load and then stops(shows wifi is still connected and full bars just no in/out). Same goes for any app. Play store, social media. I have to turn off wifi and use mobile data to get it to load properly. It will work at times just not constant. I am really at a loss on what to do. I have done a factory reset but that did not help. Used different wifi. Also, for some reason, if I try to boot into recovery so that I have have the option to wipe the system cache in hopes to fix the wifi issue, I am not presented with any options. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I feel like a dummy. Figured it out. After pulling what is left of my hair out trying to narrow down the problem, it turns out that my phone was assigned the same IP address as my security camera in my house causing a conflict. Not a software/hardware glitch at all. Thank goodness.

primod808

Mar 5, 2011
TOYOHASHI
I feel like a dummy. Figured it out. After pulling what is left of my hair out trying to narrow down the problem, it turns out that my phone was assigned the same IP address as my security camera in my house causing a conflict. Not a software/hardware glitch at all. Thank goodness.
Glad you found the solution.

Sent from my 404sc aka softbank galaxy s6 edge

Reactions: Raghwan

Raghwan

Nov 15, 2014
help

i have also upgraded my softbank s6 edge into 6.0.1 and it is working really good but the problem is i havent been able to root it yet.
please reply if u have rooted the phone and also where can i download the default ROM for this phone.

primod808

Mar 5, 2011
TOYOHASHI
i have also upgraded my softbank s6 edge into 6.0.1 and it is working really good but the problem is i havent been able to root it yet.
please reply if u have rooted the phone and also where can i download the default ROM for this phone.
I haven't found a way root yet hope someone does. If not I'm somewhat satisfied with it. [emoji5]

Sent from Soft bank 404sc aka s6 edge

Reactions: Raghwan

gahasa

Jun 4, 2012
i will add the links : ) wait a second

twrp 2.8.6.0 is here.

if this link dies, google search twrp 2.8.6.0 , that should work also.

i followed this guide, except you can NOT use the new 2.8.7.* twrp. you need the 2.8.6.0 version.
i tried 2.8.7.0. i could not use the buttons. so i changed to 2.8.6.0 and it worked fine.

another tip.
after I rooted and use titanium backup pro to remove bloatware trash.
you can remove many softbank bloatware, but do not try to remove the dictionaries or disaster message board apps. it will cause a boot loop.
many of the other softbank samsung apps and galaxy s6 apps can all be removed with no problem.
im up to 70,000 on antutu benchmark. 50k with battery save mode active.

i searched for days about this. im on 404sc 6.0.1 and wondering if this method will work for me.

ridanxvi

Jul 3, 2013
Can someone provide me stock firmware files for Softbank S6 edge 64gb Gold platinum variant. I can't seem to find the firmware files for this variant on sammobile. Thank you

Doxxxxxxx

Apr 10, 2017
hi guys i'm new here i got a galaxy s6 edge softbank, im trying to do a factory reset in settings but its not allowing me and its giving me this error, the phone number unmatched the password cannot be reset, im using a different sim card here in ph and i can use it for calling txting and mobile data theres no problem with other simcard, i just want to reset it coz it has a lot of application and songs, now im scared to do a hard reset coz i might be locked out or it might ask me again about the password on usim or something.

please someone help me regaarding on this one, i would really apprrciate your help, thank you

farryinn

Nov 15, 2007
karachi
hi I just bought the s6 edge 404sc japan model, can any one guide me how to go into stock recovery? i am trying to do by holding power+home+volume up buttons. after showing blue screen and than verifying hash tree the system automatically rebooting and does not goes into recovery, as not like my other s6 edge 925F model, pls advise

moniskhan5

May 21, 2016
same thing is happening with me, no success yet.

hi I just bought the s6 edge 404sc japan model, can any one guide me how to go into stock recovery? i am trying to do by holding power+home+volume up buttons. after showing blue screen and than verifying hash tree the system automatically rebooting and does not goes into recovery, as not like my other s6 edge 925F model, pls advise

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm in the same boat as you I've been searching on xda and the web for any root access to the 404sc. Got my s6 edge from Softbank too. If you found a solution let me know and I'll do the same. Also what part of Japan are you from?

Thanks again.

Cheers, good idea. I'm from New Zealand but I've been living in Nagoya the last two years.
    Thanks dikmutun for the suggestion but to install twrp recovery you have to be rooted first. Do you own a 404sc and are using softbank? If you have have root please tell us the procedure so we can share this with other 404sc users.
    Just follow this steps ( galaxys6root.highonandroid.com/galaxy-s6-root-news/how-to-root-galaxy-s6-or-s6-edge-with-twrp-recovery/ ) with using this twrp ( twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxys6edgechina.html ) ,yes im using softbank carrier (404sc/SM G925Z)
    Thanks, this advice worked perfectly!

Thanks, this advice worked perfectly!

Just follow this steps ( galaxys6root.highonandroid.com/galaxy-s6-root-news/how-to-root-galaxy-s6-or-s6-edge-with-twrp-recovery/ ) with using this twrp ( twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxys6edgechina.html ) ,yes im using softbank carrier (404sc/SM G925Z)
    hey guys,

Glad to see some Softbank's GS6 Edge users here.
    I am thinking also of getting this phone from Softbank this coming Nov. 2015.
    But I am still thinking about it since I am reading a lot of users having some problems with it especially Battery life, RAM management and Lags.
    Since you already have the GS6 Edge, how was it?
    Are you encountering those problems or issues?
    Would you please give some feedbacks based on your actual usage?

Thanks a lot in advance.

The main issue is battery life if your a medium to heavy user be prepared to have a portable charger by mid day. If your a light user you should be able to not charge until later on the evening. Great phone just the battery life could be better. On a side note if you decide to get it get the gold color looks sweet. Never get tired at look in at my phone!
    i will add the links : ) wait a second

twrp 2.8.6.0 is here.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?natl7349ac08rrv
    if this link dies, google search twrp 2.8.6.0 , that should work also.

i followed this guide, except you can NOT use the new 2.8.7.* twrp. you need the 2.8.6.0 version.
    i tried 2.8.7.0. i could not use the buttons. so i changed to 2.8.6.0 and it worked fine.
    http://galaxys6root.highonandroid.c...root-galaxy-s6-or-s6-edge-with-twrp-recovery/

another tip.
    after I rooted and use titanium backup pro to remove bloatware trash.
    you can remove many softbank bloatware, but do not try to remove the dictionaries or disaster message board apps. it will cause a boot loop.
    many of the other softbank samsung apps and galaxy s6 apps can all be removed with no problem.
    im up to 70,000 on antutu benchmark. 50k with battery save mode active.