Softbricked phone

Search This thread

fireop958

Nov 25, 2017
I was trying to root my phone and I installed Supersu but than my phone refused to boot. It would open fastboot but nothing after that. I tried to revert to the stock image and i think i made it past that but, that did not fix anything i can still only boot into fastboot. Please help me I want to save my phone.

Snekxs

Nov 16, 2017
I was trying to root my phone and I installed Supersu but than my phone refused to boot. It would open fastboot but nothing after that. I tried to revert to the stock image and i think i made it past that but, that did not fix anything i can still only boot into fastboot. Please help me I want to save my phone.
SuperSU should have a uninstall file, try flashing that in twrp

Sent from my validus_athene using Tapatalk

Cybricx

Aug 20, 2016
I was trying to root my phone and I installed Supersu but than my phone refused to boot. It would open fastboot but nothing after that. I tried to revert to the stock image and i think i made it past that but, that did not fix anything i can still only boot into fastboot. Please help me I want to save my phone.[/Q
Flash a temporary rom and then install a stock recovery, and then boot back into stock rom by flashing stock image on pc
through fastboot mode

Outfield303

Nov 6, 2016
@fireop958
Installing SuperSU or any root app needs custom kernel installed, if you flash it on stock kernel then its anti-root mechanism will get activated and it will refuse to boot;
now first flash the stock rom via fast boot from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
then after its booted successfully, then flash the TWRP from fastboot and flash the ElimentalX kernel from TWRP, reboot and check the kernel info in about phone in settings; after then
simply flash SuperSU or magisk from TWRP to get root access

fireop958

Nov 25, 2017
@fireop958
Installing SuperSU or any root app needs custom kernel installed, if you flash it on stock kernel then its anti-root mechanism will get activated and it will refuse to boot;
now first flash the stock rom via fast boot from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
then after its booted successfully, then flash the TWRP from fastboot and flash the ElimentalX kernel from TWRP, reboot and check the kernel info in about phone in settings; after then
simply flash SuperSU or magisk from TWRP to get root access

Thank you so much. You saved my life right there.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone