Softbricked phone

Search This thread

fireop958

Nov 25, 2017
I was trying to root my phone and I installed Supersu but than my phone refused to boot. It would open fastboot but nothing after that. I tried to revert to the stock image and i think i made it past that but, that did not fix anything i can still only boot into fastboot. Please help me I want to save my phone.

Snekxs

Nov 16, 2017
I was trying to root my phone and I installed Supersu but than my phone refused to boot. It would open fastboot but nothing after that. I tried to revert to the stock image and i think i made it past that but, that did not fix anything i can still only boot into fastboot. Please help me I want to save my phone.
SuperSU should have a uninstall file, try flashing that in twrp

Sent from my validus_athene using Tapatalk

Cybricx

Aug 20, 2016
I was trying to root my phone and I installed Supersu but than my phone refused to boot. It would open fastboot but nothing after that. I tried to revert to the stock image and i think i made it past that but, that did not fix anything i can still only boot into fastboot. Please help me I want to save my phone.[/Q
Flash a temporary rom and then install a stock recovery, and then boot back into stock rom by flashing stock image on pc
through fastboot mode

Outfield303

Nov 6, 2016
@fireop958
Installing SuperSU or any root app needs custom kernel installed, if you flash it on stock kernel then its anti-root mechanism will get activated and it will refuse to boot;
now first flash the stock rom via fast boot from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
then after its booted successfully, then flash the TWRP from fastboot and flash the ElimentalX kernel from TWRP, reboot and check the kernel info in about phone in settings; after then
simply flash SuperSU or magisk from TWRP to get root access

fireop958

Nov 25, 2017
@fireop958
Installing SuperSU or any root app needs custom kernel installed, if you flash it on stock kernel then its anti-root mechanism will get activated and it will refuse to boot;
now first flash the stock rom via fast boot from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138
then after its booted successfully, then flash the TWRP from fastboot and flash the ElimentalX kernel from TWRP, reboot and check the kernel info in about phone in settings; after then
simply flash SuperSU or magisk from TWRP to get root access

Thank you so much. You saved my life right there.