• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Software Question

Search This thread

uzfresh

Nov 2, 2010
Is it possible to flash a different version of the software on the T-Mobile M9. I unknowingly bought the Tmobile M9 and would like to install the unlocked / developer M9 software over it. I hate the Tmobile logo and noise at bootup.

jbfountain

Feb 15, 2015
Castaic, California
Is it possible to flash a different version of the software on the T-Mobile M9. I unknowingly bought the Tmobile M9 and would like to install the unlocked / developer M9 software over it. I hate the Tmobile logo and noise at bootup.

Yeah like Rydah805 said, but good luck finding one that has Wi-Fi calling.

Sent from this great HTC One M9 using XDA's mobile app.

jbfountain

Feb 15, 2015
Castaic, California
Are there any that have it working? I've tried viper and insert coin and both have it in settings, but the feature itself seems to not work at all, as it never activates.

I don't know of any, but at one time @LeeDroid was going to try to get it working. However, he had a setback with carrier support, and he has had to put it on the back burner for now.

jbfountain

Feb 15, 2015
Castaic, California

billgates420

Aug 18, 2012
Chicago
Hi, I am trying to convert to Tmobile. I bought Verizon M9 because I got a good deal on it and thought since they are unlocked I could just put my SIM in and be working right away. I can make calls and text message and use internet after adding the APN. But I can't get the hotspot to work, hate the Unknown SIM notification and all the VZN apps. To get my phone as close to Tmo as possible would I just have to follow Captain_Throwback's guide and then flash a Tmo rom, or restore a backup, or RUU? Sorry for the noob question :confused:

jbfountain

Feb 15, 2015
Castaic, California
Hi, I am trying to convert to Tmobile. I bought Verizon M9 because I got a good deal on it and thought since they are unlocked I could just put my SIM in and be working right away. I can make calls and text message and use internet after adding the APN. But I can't get the hotspot to work, hate the Unknown SIM notification and all the VZN apps. To get my phone as close to Tmo as possible would I just have to follow Captain_Throwback's guide and then flash a Tmo rom, or restore a backup, or RUU? Sorry for the noob question :confused:

I didn't think you could use a Verizon phone on a GSM carrier network, but if you can that's cool. If your phone is working on the T-Mobile network you can unlock the bootloader and root to install a T-Mobile rom, but you will have to check with the Sunshine thread to see if they have it working on Verizon M9's yet. If they do you can S-OFF, and install T-Mobile firmware and rom. Keep me posted on how you do.

PunishedSnake

Apr 12, 2014
Fresno
I didn't think you could use a Verizon phone on a GSM carrier network, but if you can that's cool. If your phone is working on the T-Mobile network you can unlock the bootloader and root to install a T-Mobile rom, but you will have to check with the Sunshine thread to see if they have it working on Verizon M9's yet. If they do you can S-OFF, and install T-Mobile firmware and rom. Keep me posted on how you do.

You could nowadays if unlocked unless they already are

Reactions: jbfountain

jbfountain

Feb 15, 2015
Castaic, California
Hello
I have S-OF,unlocked bootloader,root and latest software
I try to install RUU EU signed, but all the time an error occurred.
Perhaps because of the CID? Maybe we should change the CID?
I need help please

How are you trying to install RUU?

Change CID to 11111111, relock bootloader, and try again.

HTC One M9

Relocking the bootloader shouldn't be necessary to run a RUU. I didn't need to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You could nowadays if unlocked unless they already are