• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Software Update - 4/3/15

Search This thread

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
Just received an alert for a new update. What does this update do? I installed it and nothing changed. I never really experienced heating issues before.

5lt1lu.png

20fdpbm.png

Reactions: augie7107

navalynt

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
www.mikeandjessee.com
Just received an alert for a new update. What does this update do? I installed it and nothing changed. I never really experienced heating issues before.

It's bugfixes for heating issues and the camera mostly.

Normal day-to-day usage on .6, .8, and .15 software didn't result in any significant heat problems, but running intensive benchmarks like 3DMark ES 3.1 or a few runs of Antutu and the phone would turn into a small oven. On the .30 software the benchmarks are about 7% - 10% lower but even under insane conditions the phone is only slightly warm.

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
It's bugfixes for heating issues and the camera mostly.

Normal day-to-day usage on .6, .8, and .15 software didn't result in any significant heat problems, but running intensive benchmarks like 3DMark ES 3.1 or a few runs of Antutu and the phone would turn into a small oven. On the .30 software the benchmarks are about 7% - 10% lower but even under insane conditions the phone is only slightly warm.

Ah. I did run a benchmark test on .15 with Antutu and the phone got warm, but not hot. What does this update do for the camera?

mvjunkie

Dec 28, 2010
I have the dev edition and have not really noticed any heat issues until the upgrade, I think the software scales back this cpu a bit. While the update was installing, my phone became an oven, and it only took 2-3 minutes to install. Once in the OS, it cooled down quickly and functioned normally.

Albert Poon

Aug 7, 2010
Can you guys post a few random shots using full auto mode after updated? We would like to take a look at the exifs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

choli0090

Aug 8, 2009
OK, I received the .30 update and I will say the phone still feels hot on the back, especially if playing YouTube videos non stop for 30 minutes

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
Even with this update the phone does still get warm. I'm sure HTC will release more maintenance updates. The phone is brand new and will have issues like all phones when new.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5lt1lu.png

20fdpbm.png