• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Software update TMobile

Search This thread

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
Just got this update.
Don't know if I should install it though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170420-202511.jpg
    Screenshot_20170420-202511.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 2,559
Reactions: jimbomodder

marinebio94

Apr 3, 2017
Installed it knowing the risk of losing bixby remapping, and sure enough it does prevent the ability to remap bixby. Oh well, fun while it lasted. I'd still update though, you aren't going to go the whole life of your phone without updating unless you want dropped support and vulnerability security-wise.

noggind614

Apr 2, 2008
That's why u haven't updated was because Bixby. I still have the okay Google option so I'll update soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
Installed it knowing the risk of losing bixby remapping, and sure enough it does prevent the ability to remap bixby. Oh well, fun while it lasted. I'd still update though, you aren't going to go the whole life of your phone without updating unless you want dropped support and vulnerability security-wise.

Please check if it put you on 7.1 though.

marinebio94

Apr 3, 2017
It's not 7.1, there wasn't any indication anything was getting updated to 7.1 outside of Pixel users, so I wouldn't expect that until we get an official announcement (unless you're in the Galaxy Beta program). And the patch level is April 1

kuulhus

Dec 14, 2009
Anyone notice the face unlock acting buggy and slower/won't recognize after this update? Super blown about this since the fingerprint scanner placement sucks horribly in the first place

Reactions: brt309

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
So for now, should we be holding off on this update since it updates the baseband?

Also since I dont have my disabler yet for software updates... How would one manually remove the download? Also anyone know if the S8 plans to auto update if you hit "Later"?

Just turned my phone off for the night.

Infobits

Jul 11, 2009
Anyone notice the face unlock acting buggy and slower/won't recognize after this update? Super blown about this since the fingerprint scanner placement sucks horribly in the first place
I just updated my S8 and noticed exactly the same problem you described. It did not recognize my face to unlock the phone as well as it did before the update! I kept retrying and then moved into a brighter light and finally it recognized my face and unlocked the phone. Phoohey! The stupid update description said it improves the face recognition... but it made it worse! What a bunch of idiot developers that messed with this.

The Root

Dec 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I just updated my S8 and noticed exactly the same problem you described. It did not recognize my face to unlock the phone as well as it did before the update! I kept retrying and then moved into a brighter light and finally it recognized my face and unlocked the phone. Phoohey! The stupid update description said it improves the face recognition... but it made it worse! What a bunch of idiot developers that messed with this.

Maybe it changed your face!

Reactions: ubigred

SptMogul

May 20, 2008
Tampa, FL
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

i don't have face recognition on so i can't test it but can you remove your face and do the setup all over again to see if it recognizes better?

Reactions: truckerdewd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the issue so I just disabled DQA in package disabler and I haven't noticed any issues from disabling it
    Just got this update.
    Don't know if I should install it though.

Maybe it changed your face!
    Dammit, you said their name three times, now their watching you! Man for an IT guy you sure don't know the do's and don'ts of calling out the G-name. Now you will have unexpected pop ups from them, annoying things coming up asking about how you liked eating at Joes Crab Shack, or your experience at the local Wal-Mart. The only remedy now is to throw your phone away and get a new one. And once you do don't forget to not call out the G-name three times! (IT guys. . .they are book smart but not street smart!) :eek::victory::rolleyes:

LOL! That's why I run my own servers to store things. You all should run your own Cloud for your real personal data and stuff. But this is the way of the new future world we are in now.