Sold Device - Share PIN?

Search This thread

yrreP

Oct 3, 2006
Possibly a random one...

I water damaged my first Pixel 5 and managed to sell it on eBay. Transaction was fine, money received and now in my bank account.

Prior to selling, I erased the device via Find my Phone and removed the device from my Google account - there is now zero trace of it anywhere (that I can see) within my Google.

The person who purchased the Pixel has now repaired it but says, when they turn it on, it asks for the _device_ PIN... is it safe to share it with them?

I cannot think of anything they could do with the PIN other than turn the Pixel fully on... they cannot access my Google account nor any personal data as that has been erased...

I may be overthinking.. thoughts?

Cheers!

User699

Feb 28, 2021
Possibly a random one...

I water damaged my first Pixel 5 and managed to sell it on eBay. Transaction was fine, money received and now in my bank account.

Prior to selling, I erased the device via Find my Phone and removed the device from my Google account - there is now zero trace of it anywhere (that I can see) within my Google.

The person who purchased the Pixel has now repaired it but says, when they turn it on, it asks for the _device_ PIN... is it safe to share it with them?

I cannot think of anything they could do with the PIN other than turn the Pixel fully on... they cannot access my Google account nor any personal data as that has been erased...

I may be overthinking.. thoughts?

Cheers!
Tell him to boot into recovery and do a factory reset. That will also delete your password and there is no risk for you, that some data of yours is still on the phone.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone