Themes / Apps / Mods solution fix screen dimming issue poco f3

Search This thread

Zimmster

Jun 23, 2018
Unbelievable.. I see a lot of problems on this phone..
Proximity sensor problem
dimming issue
yellowish screen for some people

So maybe I not buy that.
All of these problems are experienced by a small minority of owners. Most users have no issues at all. My only issue is a 2-3 second delay in auto brightness, but I am on a custom ROM. In MIUI everything was working as it should

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
All of these problems are experienced by a small minority of owners. Most users have no issues at all. My only issue is a 2-3 second delay in auto brightness, but I am on a custom ROM. In MIUI everything was working as it should
Of course , majority of people don't use their phone 24/7 , those few that do are not telling fairy tales lmao

Every single phone suffers from these , it's just that majority are dumb enough that they can't even notice it.

Every single issue I saw mentioned here on xda I experienced myself too , many more that aren't reported as well ...

It's a shet phone from shet company ... Only saving grace for it is unlockable bootloader and sources , but even that is barely worth to be dealing with all of this ....

These phones are really cheap but this is gonna be my last one , I'd rather spend 2/3x the amount on my next one than have experience like this again

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
One easy fix install arrow
For average Joe yeah , for everyone else that cares about performance on paper actually being present - get fapple. 100% , go and buy their phone it's 1000x better experience no kidding from gaming to work environment.

Aosp ROMs take away all of the good things from the phone ( Correct touch polling , cpu/gpu drivers that aren't from Qualcomm test app , and everything else from camera sensors , picture quality to battery charging speed and battery thermal profiles ... )

ROMs we have now are dirty fix for someone that doesn't care much about all these features... Drivers aren't open source and Devs are pacing behind trying to write their own. Definitely not a fix or solution of any kind untill we are able to fully utilise hardware of this phone.

Get a phone that doesn't come with shet software , that you don't have to flash custom ROM on to disable dumb fkin shet like adaptive refresh rate and such that throttles touch polling based on what the Chinese Devs think is good enough for you...

If I buy a 120hz screen and 360hz touch polling phone I expect to get this much , aosp ROMs give u 120hz screen but touch lags , miui gives you 120hz screen and 360hz touch polling ( All good when it works ) but it's only sometimes... Barely works , takes a lot of dumb shet to enable all of this and even then you have to constantly re enable everything after reboot / after some time of phone being in sleep... Shet experience, you have to chase the phone - beg it to give you the performance it advertised.

All these issues on miui are from them doing you a "favour" , not giving you any choice on whether you want all of this shet for the sake of 1/2 minute longer battery life...

Fk this shet ! I bought this phone only few months ago and I'm already over it , utter garbage. I come from 200k antutu phone that throttled heavily for 3/4 years and I feel like this ain't much different at all.

What's the point? Spend 100/200 more dollars buy phone that has 144hz screen and 720hz touch polling all the time... No need to play nanny 24/7 and just enjoy the phone

Or buy apple as it doesn't suffer from any such throttles from what ik...

Zimmster

Jun 23, 2018
Of course , majority of people don't use their phone 24/7 , those few that do are not telling fairy tales lmao

Every single phone suffers from these , it's just that majority are dumb enough that they can't even notice it.

Every single issue I saw mentioned here on xda I experienced myself too , many more that aren't reported as well ...

It's a shet phone from shet company ... Only saving grace for it is unlockable bootloader and sources , but even that is barely worth to be dealing with all of this ....

These phones are really cheap but this is gonna be my last one , I'd rather spend 2/3x the amount on my next one than have experience like this again
If majority of people doesn't notice an issue, IT'S NOT AN GENERAL ISSUE. There is no smartphone manufacturer that is willing to put a defective model on the market, except maybe for Samsung or Apple(which they did). Samsung smartphone market share in China is under 1%. Basically they do not exist there because of battery explosion handling. Read Samsung and Apple threads and you will see they too have this kind of issues and, just like you, people give them shet about these issues.
For me the Iphone experience it's like being on a eye candy prison. It looks and feels nice but there are alot of software limitations. If you don't care to change anything much beside wallpaper and ringtones on your phone, Apple is great. BUT you pay a premium for accessories, you pay a premium for screen protectors and cases. You can forget about changing screens, those will set you back half of the initial iphone price.
A 300 usd phone with 6.67 inch 120hz OLED screen for me is a better experience than a 700 usd 6.1 inch, 60 Hz OLED any day.
There is a client base for Apple and there is a client base for Xiaomi and others. Everyone can choose for himself.Some like Ultra/Max phones , some cheap, some in between. Don't bash people for their choises. You don't like a product, change it...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Claims to be fixed in 12.5, but there is no sign that it will be fixed. Rumors say that the problem is from censorship.
    Unbelievable.. I see a lot of problems on this phone..
    Proximity sensor problem
    dimming issue
    yellowish screen for some people

So maybe I not buy that.
    There is no such module on magisk repo. Link please.
    Cmon man you're too out of touch ...

I won't comment on iPhone as I don't know whether your statements are true but you're talking some mad bullsht here about Xiaomi phones.

It's not selective sampling where I am taking few bad posts and taking it for granted , every single person I talked to and every single group I went to is full of the same exact issues. Green tint , display flashing from inadequate 90hz settings due to bad quality panels , proximity sensor useless in low light condition and not much better in good conditions either , weird touch latency from their inadequate throttling of touch polling , their throttling of display refresh rate on top of that ...

There's plenty to nitpick , none of these is limited to few phones. My phone has it and you'll find plenty of posts of other people having the same issue , those that don't frankly have the same issue but are not able to see it lmao.

What makes you think your phone is different to mine or anyone elses ? Is everyone telling fairy tales here with first 3/4 months being filled with tons of posts about issues ?

None of those got fixed btw , some were slightly mitigated like touch polling fix but still not perfect .... The only dif is that at first only hardcore fans were buying this phone , now it's all over carriers and phone shops sobthe opionion shifted the other way...

To my knowledge other than locking CPUs few months after release nothing else changed about the phone , software or hardware side. Everything from before is still there to some extent.

It's a budget phone to the max , full of issues. If you have more money to spare get anything else , if you don't then get an older Xiaomi phone or whatever . You can buy Xiaomi 10t or whatever with 144hz screen and Snapdragon 865 - after overclock this cpu will outperform 870/888 . with none of the issues that plague this plague this phone.

Buy anything else but this ! Anyone that says otherwise is full of shet . I had told the same another guy when he was asking whether to buy this phone or not , be went for it anyways and now you can see him posting daily looking for what ROM to use lmao
    Iphone 4 2010. Apple settled the class action suite for GSM antenna issues. Alot of iphone 12 suffer also from loss of signal LTE and 5g.
    I am not trying to prayise Xiaomi and bash everyone else . But i have my Poco F3 for more than 4 months and I do not experience any screen issues like dimming in the sun or in heat, and no tinting. The only negative thing I experienced is a 2 second delay in auto brightness. Google pay, my 2 banking apps and Sodexo pay, Netflix, Viper4android... everything works and I am on Arrow OS. I experienced no lagging or freezes, no restarts or call issues. Wifi, Bluetooth, data, NFC all work ok.
    On MIUI it was the same.
    People that do not experience issues have no reason to come here to complain. It's clear is not a perfect phone and they have problems but not everybody is affected. I did not say that people imagine those issues, I sad that not that many people are affected by these various issues. I also understand that some issues that are occasional are hard to prove to get serviced for, especially if they're hardware related. I am truly sorry if I sounded harsh, out of place, or if I offended someone, it was not my intention. I was only speaking based on my experience, as merely a user. It is not ok to say that all Poco phones are shet because you and some other people have some issues. Yes those particular pieces of glass and plastic that you own may be from a batch /bathches of defective phones. But this unfortunate situation doesn't affect everybody

If majority of people doesn't notice an issue, IT'S NOT AN GENERAL ISSUE. There is no smartphone manufacturer that is willing to put a defective model on the market, except maybe for Samsung or Apple(which they did). Samsung smartphone market share in China is under 1%. Basically they do not exist there because of battery explosion handling. Read Samsung and Apple threads and you will see they too have this kind of issues and, just like you, people give them shet about these issues.
    For me the Iphone experience it's like being on a eye candy prison. It looks and feels nice but there are alot of software limitations. If you don't care to change anything much beside wallpaper and ringtones on your phone, Apple is great. BUT you pay a premium for accessories, you pay a premium for screen protectors and cases. You can forget about changing screens, those will set you back half of the initial iphone price.
    A 300 usd phone with 6.67 inch 120hz OLED screen for me is a better experience than a 700 usd 6.1 inch, 60 Hz OLED any day.
    There is a client base for Apple and there is a client base for Xiaomi and others. Everyone can choose for himself.Some like Ultra/Max phones , some cheap, some in between. Don't bash people for their choises. You don't like a product, change it...
    12.0.5.0 not fixed this problem?
    Claims to be fixed in 12.5, but there is no sign that it will be fixed. Rumors say that the problem is from censorship.