Solution for BRICKED SW2

Sidoreczek

Jun 19, 2015
Glasgow
Hello. Today 04.08.2015 19:54 I found solution to back to live your SW2.

Your SW2 must have access to DFU MODE!!! IMPORTANT!!!
I make by this.
1. Make sure you have dfu util 0.7 or 0.8
2. Download from this tread SmartWatch.dfu <----- this is firmware for Smartwatch 1 (MN2)
3.Copy this firmware to this same folder were you have dfu util.
4. Run Dfu Util.
5. Write dfu-util -D SmartWatch.dfu and Enter.
6. After few minutes your SW2 been flashed and bam its black screen but dont worry.
7. Now when you plug by USB your SW2 to computer you hear the sound DFU :)
8. Now we make again this same like in number 5 write now dfu-util -a 0 -D sw2.dfu -s 0x08000000 and enter
9. Again after few minutes you see flashing has been finished.
10. Now you can unplug the sw2 from usb and try turn on :)
11. BAM OH MY GOD ITS WORK :D
12. Pair with you phone by bluetooth
13. Automaticlly your phone update your watch to newest version.

All files I attach here :)

And sorry for my bad english. But this solution work for me hopfully working for you guys :)

All in one :) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HP2CvqUYPkMF9BM3l0MDQ1WG8/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me if it work for you on this tread :)

Last edited:

Sidoreczek

Jun 19, 2015
Glasgow
Ad.1 I think yes, couse everythink what do you wanna make with fw or hexedited fw you can only flash this "sector" 0x08000000 try I think you can't lose nothing couse if you Brick your device simply by my solution you can back to normal.
Ad.2 Yes you can simply take latest fw from your watch using dfu-util -u -s 0x08000000
After this you have internal fw from watch on blank file then you must change from blank to dfu. Try find on this forum how to change files "name" or go to section sw2 and there is tread about hacking smartwatch.

Im only create solution for people who get "black dead watch" and how to bring back device to life :) I dont want hacking/mixing on firmware for me sony firmware its ok but who know maby after few months I try to make custom roms :)

Reactions: symbuzzer

symbuzzer

Feb 25, 2013
Turkey
Ad.1 I think yes, couse everythink what do you wanna make with fw or hexedited fw you can only flash this "sector" 0x08000000 try I think you can't lose nothing couse if you Brick your device simply by my solution you can back to normal.
Ad.2 Yes you can simply take latest fw from your watch using dfu-util -u -s 0x08000000
After this you have internal fw from watch on blank file then you must change from blank to dfu. Try find on this forum how to change files "name" or go to section sw2 and there is tread about hacking smartwatch.

Im only create solution for people who get "black dead watch" and how to bring back device to life :) I dont want hacking/mixing on firmware for me sony firmware its ok but who know maby after few months I try to make custom roms :)
ok, can we use dfutils on windows?

Sidoreczek

Jun 19, 2015
Glasgow
Windows

Yes! ? im using windows 8.1 and I dont have problem with flashed device in my google drive You have dfutil for windows and two dfu roms ? yesterday im flashing my friend smartwatch 2 on windows 10 and this same I dont have problem with flashing. So windows 7,8.1 and 10 is compatibility with dfu utils

selcukksc

Jan 30, 2015
hello teþekkurler of such a subject if you have made God's sake help but halfway up the picture or vidol of us yapalim this thing will be to yaziyl not please me watch2 visual flash fs

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

please answer a picture or video bi-up

baxevan

Jul 14, 2009
Thanks for the info. I just unbricked my friend's SW2 that I had more than 6 months in my drawer. I used http://underverk.blushingboy.org/smartwatch-ide-002-alpha-windows.zip from this link (https://github.com/underverk/SmartWatch/wiki/Installing-the-IDE) to install the appropriate driver for the smartwatch2 usb device, with driver digital signature enforcement off (windows 10 pro x64)
I also had to choose the first of two detected dfu devices by using "dfu-util -c 1 -i 0 -a 0 SmartWatch.dfu " in step 5 and "dfu-util -c 1 -i 0 -a 0 sw2.dfu -s 0x08000000 " in step 8

:highfive:
:good:

jmiguelissimo99

May 5, 2016
Great!

Hello. Today 04.08.2015 19:54 I found solution to back to live your SW2.

Your SW2 must have access to DFU MODE!!! IMPORTANT!!!
I make by this.
1. Make sure you have dfu util 0.7 or 0.8
2. Download from this tread SmartWatch.dfu <----- this is firmware for Smartwatch 1 (MN2)
3.Copy this firmware to this same folder were you have dfu util.
4. Run Dfu Util.
5. Write dfu-util -D SmartWatch.dfu and Enter.
6. After few minutes your SW2 been flashed and bam its black screen but dont worry.
7. Now when you plug by USB your SW2 to computer you hear the sound DFU :)
8. Now we make again this same like in number 5 write now dfu-util -a 0 -D sw2.dfu -s 0x08000000 and enter
9. Again after few minutes you see flashing has been finished.
10. Now you can unplug the sw2 from usb and try turn on :)
11. BAM OH MY GOD ITS WORK :D
12. Pair with you phone by bluetooth
13. Automaticlly your phone update your watch to newest version.

All files I attach here :)

And sorry for my bad english. But this solution work for me hopfully working for you guys :)

All in one :)

Please tell me if it work for you on this tread :)

Hey!! wonderful post... but I have an issue, i need to recover my sw2 but dfu-util doesn´t work for me, i´m using windows 10 x64, but when i tried to open the dfu-util. exe it suddenly closed up. Can you please help me? I have my watch with the error .32511 for more than a year and i haven´t found a solution yet. Thank you very much

heartofgearz

Feb 7, 2016
Can anybody help me with this error?

Opening DFU capable USB device... ID 0fce:f0fa
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Found DFU: [0fce:f0fa] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="@Internal Flash /0x08000000/03*016Kg,01*016Kg,01*064Kg,07*128Kg,03*016Kg,01*016Kg,01*064Kg,07*128Kg"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 10
dfuERROR, clearing status
error clear_status

canguiri

Jan 29, 2018
I have the same problem

Hello, I tried many things and my sw2 don't work, the sw2 show an error .3250 and doesn't anything, please i need help. I charged the SmartWatch.dfu and Sw2.dfu and nothing happen after. only showed SONY and .3250 in the part of up.

max_leboss

Feb 6, 2019
Very useful post. Tnx guys. But i have a SW2 that just freezing in boot and only a incomplete progress bar displaying.
What should i do??? I can't access to DFU mode.
Help Me