SOLUTION FOUND -CID/sim UNLOCKING FOR WIZARD WITH AKU2 ROMS.

did it cid unlock work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
warnning; does not work with g4 wizards!!!!!

this steps are to cid unlock and also to unlock sim in the folowing devices; qtek 9100, i-mate k-jam, mda vario, orange spv m3000, o2 xda mini s, dopod 838, Cingular 8125
first; you must make a full backup of you wizard before doing this , I personally use [wizBackup.exe] posted below for my backups and restores. This is not mandatory but could save an enormous amount of trouble.

I as most people with a wizard with the aku2 rom found out that it cannot be cid unlock with lokiwiz tool, you will get the following;{error:itwritedisk-an internal error occurred}.
. that is till now.
downgrade rom here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc%20wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
note- this steps is for unlocking the cid of the wizard with aku2 rom.

how to cid. unlock all wizard variants ( that have the latest rom build )
first download custom__ruu_wizard_1050412_wwe_101_11210_wwe. rom from the ftp site from the above link, unpack it and just click the romupdateutility_wizard_noid.exe to start downgrading. Simply follow the prompts.
after the rom are loaded go thru the initial setup as you would with any rom.
now download the (lokiwiz02b) from here;
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
Make sure you unzip lokiwiz to the root o the c: drive.
please copy the whole lokiwiz folder to the root of the drive,not the contentents of the folder!!!!!
and follow the instructions .do not forget to copy the cab file(enable rapi) to your device and run it before running lokiwiz.
Now run lockiwiz and unlock your machine, your machine will reboot itself. if yoy see an eroot while unlocking that says;
..............................................................................................................................................................................
CopyFileToTFFS(cidunlocked.bin:0, 0, 00010000)
ERROR: ITWriteDisk - An internal error occurred.

this means that you device not been unloked......try again............
.................................................................................................................................................................................

That’s it your wizard is unlocked. Make sure yew keep the [lock_backup.bin] in a safe place you may need it for guaranty purposes.
Now flash the latest aku2 rom from your provider.- [very important,to avoid future problems wit rom updates]
then u can flash any rom you want.
question: if i cid unlock and sim unlock my phone (after installing custom 1.5 wwe rom) and then i install latest aku2 i-mate italian rom, will the sim unlock (and cid one too) be preserved?
Answer: i can confirm that that upgrading to the latest aku2 rom the wizard remains cid unlocked.

Special thanks to the author of the above cooked rom [button] also to machinagod for the lokiwiz tool and joninla for finding the downgrade rom, molski for is input and everyone that contributed to the cause.
do not try to downgrade using an older wizard rom other than the one posted above it will not work
also this {how to} is for the htc wizard only it may work with other devices but i don’t know, so if you turn you device into a brick do not blame me. use it at your own risk
if you device is from a operator like: 02, orange etc... You will void your guaranty unlocking cid, but don’t despair, if you keep the [lock_backup.bin] file that the lockiz tool generated you can restore cid to factory default.

this proccess only needs to be done once in the wizards lifetime.
Enjoy;
Jose faria.

donate if you like my work

Last edited:
Reactions: simaobola

jamichy

Feb 18, 2005
I've got an imate JAMin with aku2 from factory. Just downloaded older Imate Rom... will try the process when i get home

8) wish me luck

faria

onesolo said:
Faria, can you tell me if this process will do it for the HTC Prophets with rom 2.x ???
it may be possible,if you have an old custom rom for your device ,found this;
On the one hand, HTC Prophet is a complete copy (both software and hardware are meant) of HTC Wizard. On the other hand, it's equal to HTC Magician in appearance. That is why today review will be quite short, we will only discuss external elements and a new camera, all other aspects were highlighted in the review of HTC Wizard.
http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/htc-prophet-en.shtml

risidoro

Sep 9, 2005
Italy
www.webalice.it
Hi Faria, thank you for your HowTo!

Now i know the wizard remains CID unlocked after the upgrade and that's good. I only hope that it stays SIM unlocked too.

Bye

jamichy

Feb 18, 2005
:oops:
:cry:
Sadly, cant move back to older rom... keep getting error message saying the nk.nbf file is not valid/older than your current file.

I guess we just have to wait for an updated version of Lockiwiz

faria

andrew_sh

Feb 22, 2005
faria said:
jamichy said:
:oops:
Sadly, cant move back to older rom... keep getting error message saying the nk.nbf file is not valid/older than your current file.

I guess we just have to wait for an updated version of Lockiwiz

yes u can, use this rom to downgrade
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...TOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
Hello, could you please tell me what is changed in the custom ROM???
I am willing to do the same thing for the prophet.
Thanks

andrew_sh

Feb 22, 2005
faria said:
nothing except i did not post the link to the rom by mistake,did you use an old i-mate rom to downgrade? do not it will not work, use the one in the above link.thats the only one that it will work that a know for sure.
You mean to use the wizard rom on the prophet?
Won't that overwrite the bootloader with the one for the wizard???

faria

andrew_sh said:
faria said:
nothing except i did not post the link to the rom by mistake,did you use an old i-mate rom to downgrade? do not it will not work, use the one in the above link.thats the only one that it will work that a know for sure.
You mean to use the wizard rom on the prophet?
Won't that overwrite the bootloader with the one for the wizard???
haaa you have the prophet
dont do that it may turn the prophet into a brick the only way is to find an old custom rom for your device. take a look at the ftp site it may have one there.
sorry

siupiu

Mar 27, 2005
UK
mm..i am currently using T-mobile MDA Vario with the original rom

is that mean i don't have to apply it to unlock the cid?

i just use the lokiwiz 2b to unlock the CID, after it, even i upgrade to the newest rom e.g. the new O2 rom, my CID still remain unlock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    warnning; does not work with g4 wizards!!!!!

this steps are to cid unlock and also to unlock sim in the folowing devices; qtek 9100, i-mate k-jam, mda vario, orange spv m3000, o2 xda mini s, dopod 838, Cingular 8125
    first; you must make a full backup of you wizard before doing this , I personally use [wizBackup.exe] posted below for my backups and restores. This is not mandatory but could save an enormous amount of trouble.

I as most people with a wizard with the aku2 rom found out that it cannot be cid unlock with lokiwiz tool, you will get the following;{error:itwritedisk-an internal error occurred}.
    . that is till now.
    downgrade rom here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc%20wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
    note- this steps is for unlocking the cid of the wizard with aku2 rom.

how to cid. unlock all wizard variants ( that have the latest rom build )
    first download custom__ruu_wizard_1050412_wwe_101_11210_wwe. rom from the ftp site from the above link, unpack it and just click the romupdateutility_wizard_noid.exe to start downgrading. Simply follow the prompts.
    after the rom are loaded go thru the initial setup as you would with any rom.
    now download the (lokiwiz02b) from here;
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7696581/htc wizard/CUSTOM__RUU_Wizard_1050412_WWE_101_11210_WWE.exe
    Make sure you unzip lokiwiz to the root o the c: drive.
    please copy the whole lokiwiz folder to the root of the drive,not the contentents of the folder!!!!!
    and follow the instructions .do not forget to copy the cab file(enable rapi) to your device and run it before running lokiwiz.
    Now run lockiwiz and unlock your machine, your machine will reboot itself. if yoy see an eroot while unlocking that says;
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    CopyFileToTFFS(cidunlocked.bin:0, 0, 00010000)
    ERROR: ITWriteDisk - An internal error occurred.

this means that you device not been unloked......try again............
    .................................................................................................................................................................................

That’s it your wizard is unlocked. Make sure yew keep the [lock_backup.bin] in a safe place you may need it for guaranty purposes.
    Now flash the latest aku2 rom from your provider.- [very important,to avoid future problems wit rom updates]
    then u can flash any rom you want.
    question: if i cid unlock and sim unlock my phone (after installing custom 1.5 wwe rom) and then i install latest aku2 i-mate italian rom, will the sim unlock (and cid one too) be preserved?
    Answer: i can confirm that that upgrading to the latest aku2 rom the wizard remains cid unlocked.

Special thanks to the author of the above cooked rom [button] also to machinagod for the lokiwiz tool and joninla for finding the downgrade rom, molski for is input and everyone that contributed to the cause.
    do not try to downgrade using an older wizard rom other than the one posted above it will not work
    also this {how to} is for the htc wizard only it may work with other devices but i don’t know, so if you turn you device into a brick do not blame me. use it at your own risk
    if you device is from a operator like: 02, orange etc... You will void your guaranty unlocking cid, but don’t despair, if you keep the [lock_backup.bin] file that the lockiz tool generated you can restore cid to factory default.

this proccess only needs to be done once in the wizards lifetime.
    Enjoy;
    Jose faria.

donate if you like my work
    hdubli said:
    Did anyone try Typhoon nbf tool..it removes the CID and saves the rom for flashing..simply.... :lol:

Are you sure? How did you use this for the Wizard, and did it work with the new 2.2 ROMs?